Lucasfilm and Disney have relaunched the StarWars.com site that features new interactive experiences, exclusive news and cross-platform compatibility.
Touted as the digital destination and first source for all Star Wars film, TV, and video game news, the new site features:
- Long-form articles and videos that go behind the scenes of past, current and upcoming projects;
- Exclusive online videos, including a behind the scenes video of the making of Chopper from the upcoming series Star Wars: Rebels, and more to come in the following weeks;
- The immersive Databank, an encyclopedia of hundreds of pieces of Star Wars knowledge about characters, creatures, locations, droids and devices;
- Details about upcoming fan events;
- Users can log in with their Disney ID to access upcoming special features and digital experiences;
- New, simple navigation and design;
- Rich, consistent experience across all platforms and devices using the same technology that powers the entire Disney Interactive Media portfolio.
As an example of the types of behind-the-scenes videos offered on the new site, check out the video below: “Star Wars Rebels Comes To Life” that introduces Chopper, the grumpy, lazy, yet ultimately heroic astromech droid of the Star Wars Rebels animated series – and Lucasfilm has brought him to life. Go behind the scenes to see how a fully functioning Chopper was designed, built and introduced to the world
As Yoda would say, “The new site check out you must!”