At Star Wars: Galactic Nights last month at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, some special trading cards were given to guests who attended a panel previewing the 14-acre themed land coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disneyland Park in 2019. The panel can be seen in full below:
The cards show concept art for some of the offerings guests will find on the planet Batuu (Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge) when they visit for the first time in 2019.
The front of the cards showcase (from left to right, top to bottom):
- Captain Rex (RX-24) from the original Star Tours has found a new job years later as a DJ in the local Cantina on Batuu.
- On “Battle Escape”, guests will attempt a daring rescue, but run into some problems, such a a full-size pair of AT-AT walkers who will fire at their vehicle.
- Based on a reputations system, guests may find themselves at odds with some local thugs and bounty hunters while at the cantina.
- Ancient ruins in the woods serve as the rendezvous point for those looking to enroll with the Resistance/Rebellion. Guests will be able to join the Resistance/Rebellion, First Order, or become a bounty hunter/smuggler on Batuu in a number of experiences.
- Those who join the Resistance may find themselves face-to-face with a very angry Kylo Ren.
The backs fo the cards showcase pieces of a map of Batuu, showing some of the places guests may visit (from left to right, top to bottom):
- Black Spire Station – proprietor Salju sells parts for droids and vehicles at this location.
- Docking Bay 7 – Food freighters come and go with tasty fare, likely meaning this is the counter service location for the land.
- Cantina – The local watering hole, also a place where guests will find smuggler’s, bounty hunters, and thugs. Live music and DJ Rex set the mood in this lounge establishment.
- Surabat River Valley – While you likely won’t be walking through this area, it wouldn’t be weird to fly through these treacherous turns aboard the Millennium Falcon attraction.
- Merchant Row will be home to many shops, such as the toy store announced a few weeks back, but Docking Bay 9 is where the First Order will have set up shop for their recruiting.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens at Disneyland Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2019.