In 2016, WDWNT began to observe a new tradition called Disney’s Hollywood Studios appreciation day. Last year, we extended the event into a whole week of spacial events, and this year will be no different!
Why are we doing this? Well, because even as the Disney-MGM Studios, this park has always gotten a lot of flack from guests. This has only gotten worse with the widespread closures and construction in the park, but we will take a week to remind everyone of all the great things there are too see and do at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. From Streetmosphere and Fantasmic, to Star Tours and the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, we will cover and celebrate it all!
Here’s a schedule of events for the week:
- May 1st, 2018
- Join Tom Corless and Josh from EasyWDW.com for a day of fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios! The pair will attempt to spend the entire day, from open to close at the park, doing every offering (attractions, entertainment, etc.) only once. Various attractions, entertainment, and more will be live streamed and shared via twitter. If you join us at Hollywood Studios that day, Tom will also be handing out some cool stuff for those who find him in the park.
- May 2nd, 2018
- Special episodes of WDWNT ParksCenter and Around the Hub will air on WDWNTunes.com at 9 and 9:30PM ET, respectively.
- May 3rd, 2018
- The celebration continues on WDWNT’s Back to the Future LIVE: the complete history of the Disney-MGM Studios Backlot Tour at 9pm ET on WDWNTunes.com.
- May 5th, 2018
- Hollywood Studios Appreciation Day is now a day-long WDWNT.com event at the park! Join WDWNT staff on Saturday, May 5th for a day celebrating the park most guests just never seem to appreciate. Group rides, meals, an interactive game (The Valiant Hollywood Mystery Tour), and some surprises are in store, so register today! The full event schedule can be found here.
- April 30th through May 5th, 2018
- A series of special articles will be published on , including historical retrospectives, previews of things to come, dining reviews, and more. WDWNTunes will also be streaming music and more from the 29-year-history of the park all week long.
We hope you will join us for a celebration of “The Hollywood That Never Was, But Always Will Be”, April 30th through May 5th, 2018!