Fox to Sell Remaining Shares of Sky to Comcast, Deal Supported by Disney

This post may contain affiliate links; please read the disclosure for more information.

21st Century Fox has agreed to sell its 39% stake in European media giant Sky to Comcast. The deal values the minority share in Sky at the same £17.28/share price Comcast offered for the other 61%.

After Fox lost the auction for majority control of Sky, they were resigned to selling their minority share. Disney showed their support in letting Fox release their shares for the $15.23 billion price tag.

Here’s what Disney had to say about the announcement of the sale:

“The transaction, coupled with the divestiture of the Fox Sports Regional Networks, will significantly reduce the amount of debt Disney will incur in acquiring 21st Century Fox, and enable Disney to maintain its strong balance sheet as it continues to invest in content creation for its direct-to-consumer platforms”

I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!

Fantasy Strollers
Lost Bros
TeePublic

Latest Videos