Today, November 21st, is National Gingerbread Day and there are so many opportunities to celebrate with Disney all around the world!
Walt Disney World
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – This year marks the 20th anniversary of this resort hotel’s gingerbread house. A classic recipe from Austria inspires the ornaments, cookies and the house which stands 14 feet tall in the lobby. Home to The Bake Shop, the gingerbread house is the perfect place to pick up holiday treats. Gingerbread house decorating demonstrations occur daily from Dec. 1 to Dec. 25.
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Cinderella Castle is re-created with an “it’s a small world” backdrop depicting Cinderella and Prince Charming greeting guests in the castle forecourt. The 18-foot display is crafted from thousands of gingerbread blocks.
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort – Donald and Daisy Duck-themed horses are decorated with chocolate, sugar and fondant in this scrumptious classic carousel.
- Disney’s BoardWalk Resort – A delightful gingerbread version of the resort’s BoardWalk features iconic locales such as BoardWalk Bakery, Flying Fish, Trattoria al Forno and more.
- The American Adventure – Patriotic flair meets pastry magic at Epcot, where gingerbread renditions of the U.S. Capitol, Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument (topped with golden Mickey ears!) are on display.
- A new Prep and Landing Gingerbread Cupcake with cream cheese frosting is being offered on Sunset Boulevard.
- Amorette’s Patisserie – This sophisticated pastry shop at Disney Springs dresses up its front window with a miniature gingerbread replica of itself – right down to the gingerbread trees!
- 4 Rivers Cantina Barbacoa Food Truck is offering new Gingerbread Churro Balls next to World of Disney.
- The Haunted Mansion – Disneyland Resort turns to Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas” to create a wonderfully spooky gingerbread display inside this classic attraction. A giant spider with glowing eyes hangs over the Grand Hall Table, attempting to pry the edible gingerbread mansion from its foundation as gingerbread zombies watch in amazement.
- Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa – Disney artists, engineers and bakers teamed up on a gingerbread house that adds to the resort hotel’s festive lobby. With over 600 pounds of gingerbread and adorned with Hidden Mickeys, this grand Californian gingerbread house is on display all season long.
You can also try out the new Gingerbread Churro with Marshmallow Fluff in Disneyland as well.
Disney Cruise Line
- Aboard the four Disney Cruise Line ships, the chef competition is on! Bakery teams are challenged to create their own individual gingerbread houses for display throughout the holiday season in the atrium lobby of each ship. Taking weeks to conceptualize and construct, each features more than 600 pounds of gingerbread dough, 200-plus pounds of sugar and 5,000 gingerbread bricks.
Aulani – A Disney Resort & Spa
- Located in Hawaii, this resort gets its gingerbread on with “A Kakamora Holiday.” This festive display includes a chocolate tree, a Moana-inspired gingerbread hut, chocolate sleigh and merrymaking Kakamoras celebrating with a tropical twist.
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!