Disney and Dole go way back. For theme park fans, this relationship is perhaps best known thanks to the classic Disney treat, Dole Whip. Now Disney and Dole are taking things a step further by collaborating for Mickey’s 90th anniversary with a new marketing campaign and tons of Mickey Mouse-inspired food recipes.
To kick off “Powering the Hero Within,” Dole’s largest healthy-eating campaign ever, shoppers will start to notice the world’s most iconic character, Mickey Mouse, popping up on Dole products all throughout North American grocery stores.
This means you won’t be able to take a stroll through your local produce isle without seeing the Mouse on all the fresh fruits and veggies that surround you. Dole will have 11 of their most popular products feature stickers of Mickey throughout the ages, as well as include 10 collectable Mickey stickers on Dole bananas.
Having Mickey Mouse celebrated on all your produce is fun and all, but what else is Dole doing in celebration of this event? Well, Dole has created 19 different recipes using their ingredients that are inspired by the three eras of Mickey Mouse: Classic (1920s and 1930s), Old School (1940-1960), and Modern (1980-2000s).
To get things started, six of the recipes have already been released:
- “Steamboat Willie Green Apple Waldorf,” a Mickey version of the classic New York salad
- “Dole Mushroom Rockefeller,” a non-seafood alternative to Oysters Rockefeller
- “Dole Pineapple Julep Smoothie,” a nutritious take on the New Orleans cocktail
- “Creamy Caesar Sprouts Salad,” featuring fresh DOLE Brussels sprouts
- The meatless “Dole Hearty Veggie Nutloaf”
- “Dole Pineapple Downside-Up Cake,” a flip on the most- iconic pineapple dessert ever
This special promotion, which began on October 15, will run through January 30, 2019.
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!