We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Sunday, March 19, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Many of the 50th-anniversary decorations have been removed from Main Street, U.S.A. at Magic Kingdom as “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” winds down.
- More Splash Mountain signage has been removed as the attraction is transformed into Tiana’s Bayou Adventure at Magic Kingdom.
- Disney has added stickers to the pressed penny machines in Magic Kingdom stating that 50th-anniversary designs will be ending soon.
- All of the decorative banners have been returned to the front of Princess Fairytale Hall in Magic Kingdom.
- A guest was caught on video climbing into a planter to get close-up pictures with Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy topiaries at the EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival.
- A new canopy has finally been installed over the permanent scaffolding over the Test Track courtyard, following damage caused by Hurricane Ian.
- Two signs in the HeiHei parking lot at EPCOT have been updated showcasing the new theming.
- A new Jungle Cruise MagicBand+ has sailed into Walt Disney World. We found it in the Emporium at Magic Kingdom.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Disney Parks Globetrotter Nathan Firesheets has completed his mission of riding every Disney ride currently operating across all twelve Disney Parks around the world in 12 consecutive days.
- The reopening of Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park has been delayed again due to cold weather in Central Florida.
- Check out our full daytime tour of the reimagined Mickey’s Toontown, featuring updates to nearly every aspect of the land.
- With the reopening of Mickey’s Toontown, guests are once again invited to tour Mickey’s house up-close-and-personal with a self-guided tour and a meet-and-greet opportunity.
- Donald’s boat has reopened as Donald’s Duck Pond in the reimagined Mickey’s Toontown, offering new interactive elements and effects featuring Huey, Dewey, Louie, and Webby from “DuckTales.”
- The water features for Donald’s Duck Pond and the CenTOONial Park Fountain aren’t operating due to an issue with the water’s pH levels.
- More new Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway merchandise is available at the opening of the reimagined Mickey’s Toontown in Disneyland Park.
- Pete is now appearing for his first-ever character meet and greet in the reimagined Mickey’s Toontown.
- During our recent celebration of 30 years of Mickey’s Toontown at Disneyland Park, we interviewed former Imagineer Jim Shull.
- In our interview with former Imagineer Jim Shull, he discussed some of the early ideas for Mickey’s Toontown at Disneyland Park, including a ride inspired by “The Little Mermaid” or “Winnie the Pooh” that eventually became Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin.
- New Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway pressed pennies are available in the reimagined Mickey’s Toontown, which just opened at Disneyland Park.
- Disneyland Paris has filed a permit for a major update to Disney Studio 1 at the entrance to Walt Disney Studios Park.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!