Disney has announced the return of Disney Dining Plans to Walt Disney World, beginning in 2024. Bookings for these begin May 31, 2023.
Disney Dining Plans to Return for 2024
Dining plans were a staple of Walt Disney World vacation packages before the COVID-19 pandemic. They have not been offered since the parks reopened in summer 2020. Guests will be able to use dining plans on visits starting January 9, 2024. Bookings will open on May 31, 2023.
Two packages will be offered: the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan or the Disney Dining Plan. Both allow guests pre-pay for meals and snacks.
Disney Dining Plans
The Disney Dining Plan is a prepaid meal package that guests staying at Walt Disney World Resort can purchase to receive discounts on food within the resort. It was first introduced in 2005. Menus are marked throughout Walt Disney World with the Disney Dining Plan logo to indicate if an item is eligible for a dining plan.
Dining plans feature different levels of service, but all include several basic features:
- Discount on food at Walt Disney Resort Property, by paying for food in advance; no food outside of the resort is included
- Dining Plan is linked to guest account: use of MagicBand, MagicBand+, or the My Disney Experience app functions as payment
- Each participant receives a plastic travel mug good for infinite refills at self-service beverage islands on resort properties, for the duration of the stay
- Each participant have a number of meal or snack credits that can be used all in one day, or spread out throughout the trip’s duration
The most basic plan is the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan. Disney has confirmed the plan still includes two quick-service meals per person per night of stay, as well as one snack per day. The refillable mug is included.
The next level, the Disney Dining Plan, includes one table-service meal, one quick-service meal, and one snack per day. This level also has the refillable travel mug.
Historically, Disney also offered the Disney Deluxe Dining Plan. This included three table-service meals and two snacks per person per night of stay, but this has not be reinstated as of this writing.
When a table-service meal is included in a plan, guests may substitute it for a quick-service meal as they are cheaper, but not the other way around.
Disney also released additional information regarding ages, beverages, and plan length requirements:
- Beverages are included with each meal. Guests under 21 years of age may choose from a variety of nonalcoholic beverages. Guests 21 and older with valid identification may substitute for beer, wine and cocktails.
- Guests ages 3 to 9 must order from a children’s menu, where available.
- Plan must be purchased for entire length of stay and for the entire party (ages 3 and up).
- Reservations at Table-Service restaurants are subject to availability and are highly recommended.
- Two table-service meals will be redeemed from the dining plan for each person dining at a Fine/Signature Dining experience, select Character Dining experience or a Dinner Show.
The plans are only available to guests who are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.
Disney has also given free Disney Dining Plans as part of promotional vacation packages in the past. These were usually limited to less crowded, off-season dates within the Walt Disney World Resort. We haven’t seen any information about free dining at this point, but we’ll keep you informed of any changes.
We’ll update you as soon as there’s more information available about Disney Dining Plans. In the meantime, make sure you check out our other recent coverage regarding upcoming park changes using the links below:
- BREAKING: Disney Updates Lawsuit Against Ron DeSantis Using Latest Comments as Proof of Unconstitutional Retaliation
- BREAKING: Park Pass Reservations Will No Longer Be Required for Date-Based Tickets in 2024 at Walt Disney World
- BREAKING: Annual Passholders & Cast Members Will Not Need Park Pass Reservations for Select Dates at Walt Disney World in 2024
- Disney Plans to Simplify Genie+ & Lightning Lane Services for Planning Visits in Advance
Are you looking to book a Walt Disney World Vacation? We have a way that you can go on a Disney vacation for the best price possible, with expert help! Plus, it’s 100% FREE! Our friends at Be Our Guest Vacations are Disney experts and will be able to create the most magical trip at the best price possible. Click here to begin planning! You will soon be on your way to Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and EPCOT, with the perfectly planned itinerary!
Are you excited to hear about the return of Disney Dining Plans? We’d love to read your opinions about it in the comments below.