We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, May 1, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- A new Make-A-Wish license plate has been unveiled after the 150,000th recipient of a Disney wish was celebrated as parade Grand Marshal.
- More 50th anniversary decorations were removed from Cinderella Castle.
- The entire France Pavilion, including Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, is closed during tonight’s extended evening hours.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Select lightsaber hilts are 30% off for May the Fourth at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
Other Walt Disney World News
- The Central Florida Tourism Oversight District Board will sue Disney in response to Disney’s lawsuit against them and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.
- Walt Disney World will be celebrating “A World of Voices” this Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month with live entertainment, special food items, and more offerings.
- The full guide to Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month food and beverage offerings at Walt Disney World is here.
- Govenor DeSantis claims Disney is “putting their thumb in the eye of voters” while he anticipates the state legislature will pass a bill revoking the final Reedy Creek agreement.
- Sadly, a missing Walt Disney World Cast Member was found deceased today, a few days after she was reported missing and local authorities sought the help of the public in finding her. We offer our heartfelt condolences to her family and loved ones.
- Incredicoaster and Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind are rumored to continue operating throughout World of Color performances at Disney California Adventure soon.
- The full guide to Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month food and beverage offerings at Disneyland is here.
- Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen has a new sign as the Downtown Disney district is transformed into a new mid-20th century space age motif.
- Cast Members received an early opportunity to preview “it’s a small world” before it reopens to the public early this month.
Disney Cruise Line
- New Castaway Club gifts and lanyards were revealed, as a part of the Disney Cruise Line’s Silver Anniversary at Sea.
- The Port Canaveral Disney Cruise Line terminal is now decorated in the spirit of the 25th anniversary.
- The Disney Wish is packed with anniversary theming and design as it sets sail on the first Silver Anniversary voyage.
- Cast Members have new Silver Anniversary at Sea name-tag attachments for the festivities.
- We took a closer look with detailed photos of various 25th anniversary merchandise on offer for the Disney Cruise Line’s special occasion.
The Walt Disney Company
- Off The Hook at Aulani, offering grab-and-go breakfast, will open its doors May 17.
- At the lighthearted and humor-ridden White House Correspondents’ Dinner, President Joe Biden poked fun at the Florida Governor’s feud with The Walt Disney Company, among other political jokes directed at various adversaries and himself.
WDW News Today
News Today: DeSantis Board Votes to Sue Disney, Muppet*Vision Covered in Grime – NewsToday 5/1
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!