We headed over to The Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom today for a brand new Mike Wazowski Cake. Let’s dig in.
Mike Wazowski Cake – $8.29
Orange Blossom Mango Mousse Cake with a Candy Eye
A sign is posted at The Lunching Pad to advertise the new dessert offering. We first reported on Disney’s announcement of this treat and a Sully Slush a few days ago.
The cake is also available for mobile order.
We thought this was incredibly refreshing and delicious. It’s very similar-tasting to a storebought Mango Key Lime Pie, if you’ve ever had one.
The outer shell tastes like white chocolate. Nothing special here, but it is good.
The inside comprises a layer of super light and fluffy Orange Blossom mousse that tastes very citrusy and delicious. Within the center is a mango sauce, also bursting with flavor.
The sauce tastes fresh, like a mango jelly. The combination of that with the lighter cream pairs really well together. We would absolutely get this again.
It’s a little small for $8.29, but packs such a punch in flavor, we think it’s instantly worth the price.
New Treats Debuting This Month
The Mike Wazowski Cake is not the only new treat to land in Walt Disney World. To celebrate Pride Month, the resort is launching a full line of new snacks and treats for guests to enjoy.
Take a look at the new items being offered in each of the four parks below.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
ABC Commissary and Catalina Eddie’s (Available June 1 through 30; mobile order available)
- Pride Cheesecake Dome: Whipped berry, white chocolate cheesecake on a vanilla cookie glazed with a red, white chocolate mirror glaze and topped with Mickey Pride ears
Backlot Express and The Trolly Car Café (Available June 1 through 30; mobile order available)
- Pride Cupcake: Vanilla cupcake filled with rainbow sprinkles and berry marmalade, topped with a red berry buttercream, and garnished with rainbow sprinkles and Mickey Pride ears
Woody’s Lunchbox (Available June 1 through 30; mobile order available)
- Pride Lunchbox Tart: Guava-filled pastry coated in purple vanilla fondant and topped with rainbow sprinkles, sour ribbon candy, and a blue chocolate Mickey
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
Creature Comforts (Available June 1 through 30)
- Pride Mousse Dome: Lemon chiffon cake, raspberry-lemonade mousse, white chocolate glaze, and white chocolate crispy pearls striped with the transgender flag colors (New)
Pizzafari and Restaurantosaurus (Available June 1 through 30; mobile order available)
- Pride Cupcake: Chocolate cake, salted caramel crunch filling, sweet coffee buttercream, rainbow sprinkles, and chocolate Mickey Pride decoration (New)
Tiffins Restaurant (Available June 1 through 30)
- Color Changing Cocktail: A playful floral cocktail that changes color before your eyes with Empress 1908 Gin, St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur, and Peach Schnapps Liqueur (New)
Block & Hans (Available June 1 through 30)
- Frozen Blueberry Lemonade (Non-alcoholic)
- Frozen Blueberry Lemonade with Moonshine
Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue
- Blueberry Lemonade (Non-alcoholic)
- Blueberry Lemonade with Moonshine
- Blending memories of childhood and adulthood, Restaurant Guest Experience Manager Josh, a member of the LGBTQIA+ community, created these featured beverages inspired by the blueberries at the local farm-to-table produce stands in Maryland and his memories of trying various lemonade flavors on vacation with friends. The finishing touch of glitter makes this drink shine.
Sunshine Seasons (Available June 1 through 30)
- Pride Dome Cake: Tres leches mousse and toasted coconut dome with a mirrored glaze
Magic Kingdom Park
Main Street Bakery (Available June 1 through 30)
- Pride Cinnamon Roll
Pinocchio Village Haus (Available June 1 through 30)
- Pride Mickey Key Lime Tart: Key lime tart with sweet whipped cream topped with a chocolate piece
Sleepy Hollow (Available June 1 through 30)
- Pride Mickey Pop: Confetti cake dipped in white chocolate and striped with the transgender flag colors
A number of new treats will be available at resorts around the property and at Disney Springs, as well. Check our our full guide here.
Will you be stopping by Tomorrowland in Magic Kingdom to try out the new Mike Wazowski Cake? We’d like to see your opinions in the comments below.