The complimentary MagicBand+ offer for Disneyland Resort Magic Key holders has ended after 15 days.
This offer was available at select Disneyland Resort merchandise locations while supplies lasted. Magic Key holders received the blue Magic Key MagicBand+ for free with any purchase.
When we took advantage of the offer, we were told by Cast Members that the merchandise locations wanted to get rid of them, so that’s likely why there was no minimum purchase amount or maximum number of bands you could collect.
This same MagicBand+ is also on sale for $29.98 on shopDisney. It would normally be priced at $44.99.
Disneyland Magic Key
The Magic Key program is a successor to the Disneyland Resort Annual Passholder program, meant for “frequent visitors.” There has been some controversy over the changes that came with this new system, including a lawsuit that claimed Disney was falsely advertising visit availability.
According to the latest motion in that case, which followed an in-person mediation, both Disney and Janale Nielsen (who filed both individually and on behalf of other key holders) have agreed to settle the lawsuit. The grievance alleged limiting the number of park pass reservations available for Dream Keys in particular — which were advertised as having “no blockout dates” — when passes for regular tickets are still available is a violation of the program’s contract.
Under the previous annual pass program, reservations weren’t needed and passholders could generally visit as often as they wanted, as long as it wasn’t on a day marked as blocked.
In August 2022, language was added to the terms and conditions of the passes regarding class action lawsuits. Through the purchase, guests now waive their right to pursue litigation related to the pass.
The four Magic Key tiers are the Inspire Key, Believe Key, Enchant Key, and Imagine Key. The latter three are currently only available for renewal. The Inspire Key is the most expensive, for $1,599, and includes the following:
- Reservation-based admission to one or both theme parks most days of the year, subject to availability of park reservations allocated to Magic Key passes, applicable pass blockout dates, and the Magic Key Terms and Conditions
- Hold up to 6 theme park reservations at a time* 20% off the purchase of Disney Genie+ service on days when you use your pass for park admission.* Price and availability vary by date. View important information about Disney Genie+ service Unlimited Disney PhotoPass digital photo downloads
- Up to 20% off select merchandiseϯ
- Up to 15% off select dining
- Standard theme park parking included (excluding blockout dates, at the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure, Pixar Pals Parking Structure and Toy Story Parking Area)
Magic Key Holders can currently save on stays at the Hilton Anaheim, and will soon have the chance to collect special trading cards featuring Haunted Mansion icons and the Cast Members who created them.