A new poster and trailer have been released for Disney’s “Wish,” the latest movie (not to be confused with the Disney Wish, a cruise ship) from the Walt Disney Animation Studios.
The poster also features the tagline “Be careful what you wish for.”
The cast of “Wish” includes:
- Angelique Cabral as Queen Amaya, the wife and sounding board of King Magnifico;
- Victor Garber as Asha’s grandfather, Sabino, who—at 100 years old—is patiently waiting for his wish to be granted;
- and Natasha Rothwell as Asha’s loving and supportive mom, Sakina.
- Jennifer Kumiyama as Asha’s dearest friend, Dahlia, who’s an accomplished baker and unofficial leader of their group;
- Evan Peters as Simon, the strong guy with a big heart and bigger yawn;
- Harvey Guillén as Gabo, who may be cynical, but he has a heart of gold;
- Ramy Youseff as Safi, who’s plagued by allergies;
- Niko Vargas as Hal, Asha’s joyful, always smiling buddy;
- Della Saba as Bazeema, the seemingly shy teenager who’s full of surprises;
- and Jon Rudnitsky as Dario, Asha’s rosy-cheeked, wiggly-eared pal.
Wish welcomes audiences to the magical kingdom of Rosas, where Asha, a sharp-witted idealist, makes a wish so powerful that it is answered by a cosmic force—a little ball of boundless energy called Star. Together, Asha and Star confront a most formidable foe—the ruler of Rosas, King Magnifico—to save her community and prove that when the will of one courageous human connects with the magic of the stars, wondrous things can happen.
Wish the film is directed by Academy Award® winner Chris Buck and Fawn Veerasunthorn and produced by Peter Del Vecho and Juan Pablo Reyes Lancaster Jones. Jennifer Lee executive produces, with Lee and Allison Moore serving as writers. Wish features original songs by Grammy®-nominated singer/songwriter Julia Michaels and Grammy-winning producer/songwriter/musician Benjamin Rice, as well as a score by composer Dave Metzger.
New “Wish” Trailer
Watch the official trailer below.
“Wish” will be released exclusively in theaters on November 22, 2023.