Multiple sources have indicated that Disney has reportedly begun trespassing third-party tour guides from Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney Reportedly Trespassing Third-Party Tour Guides
At Walt Disney World, guests can choose to enjoy the parks with their own VIP Tour Guide on a customizable experience, with included benefits like Lightning Lane access for attractions, visiting multiple parks per day, and shared insight from their tour guide.
However, some third-party tour companies offer tours as well with less of the aforementioned benefits, though this is against Disney’s property rules.
Now, new reports say that several individuals and third-party VIP tour companies have been sat down and spoken to about offering competing services while on Disney property, with some bans from the Florida vacation destination being handed down. The reports indicate that the guides were given one-year bans from Walt Disney World’s property rather than permanent trespass warnings.
Third-party VIP tours have always been against the rules at Walt Disney World Resort, yet many still operate in spite of those rules. Disney has looked the other way over all this time, but rather suddenly has decided to take action against the providers.
The following are listed as “Prohibited Activities” on Walt Disney World property, according to the resort’s official website:
- The sale of goods or services, or the display of goods or services, unless prior written approval has been obtained.
- The distribution of printed or recorded materials of any kind unless prior written approval has been obtained.
- Engaging with other Guests or impeding operations while posing as or portraying any character in costume.
- Engaging in any unsafe act or other act that may impede the operation of the Walt Disney World Resort or any part thereof.
- Unauthorized access or entry into backstage areas or areas designated only for Cast Members.
- Unauthorized events, speeches, or use of any flag, banner, sign or other material for commercial purposes, or as part of a demonstration.
- Photography, videotaping or recording of any kind, or otherwise engaging in any activity, for unapproved commercial purposes.
- Unauthorized solicitations of any kind, whether commercial, religious, educational, or otherwise, or conducting any unauthorized commercial activities, including solicitations of money or other contributions or donations.
- Obstructing sidewalks, entrances, driveways, patios, vestibules, stairways, corridors, halls, or landings.
- Hanging any clothing, towels, bedding, or other similar items over or on balconies at a Disney Resort hotel or from fire suppression sprinklers.
Disney has not publicly indicated that they are taking these actions against various tour companies and providers. They also have reportedly not warned any companies or individuals to stop offering services prior to trespassing them from the Walt Disney World grounds.