Australia has been featured at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival since the the second Festival in 1997. This year’s 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, takes place August 30 – November 12, 2018.
Menu for the Australia Marketplace at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp with Pineapple, Pepper, Onion and Snap Peas (GF) – $5.50
- Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies (GF) (minor modification from last year) – $7.75
- Lamington: Yellow Cake Dipped in Chocolate and Shredded Coconut (V) – $3.75
*Price per bottle is an average price of the spirit at your local liquor store.
- Coopers Brewery Original Pale Ale (4.5% ABV) – $4.25
- Hope Estate “Wollombi Brook” Semillon, Hunter Valley ($12/bottle) – $5.00
- Franklin Tate Estates Chardonnay, Margaret River ($16/bottle) – $6.00
- Yangarra Shiraz, McLaren Vale ($35/bottle) – $6.00
- Wine Flight – $6.25
Australia’s food offerings are basically identical to last year. They are back to the lamb chop this year, which was the norm until they went with a T-bone last year.
Photos of Menu Items from the Australia Marketplace at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp with Pineapple, Pepper, Onion and Snap Peas (GF) – $5.50
There’s a few plump, spicy shrimp in this mixture of vegetables and seafood. The shrimp are cooked to have a great plump exterior and a wonderful spice. All of the vegetables have the same flavorful spice to them, making this an interesting enough dish to warrant a purchase. In previous years the shrimp ranged from small to large, your portion may vary.
Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies (GF) – $7.75
Last year Australia brought forth a Lamb T-Bone that was literally a slab of fat and gristle. Lesson learned, the Lamb Chop is back this year! Expect a long bone with expertly grilled lamb on the end. The potato crunchies and pesto sauce help elevate any potential gaminess from the meat and makes this one of the ongoing festival favorites. It’s a little expensive and you’re gambling on portion size, but it can potentially be a really great dish.
Lamington: Yellow Cake Dipped in Chocolate and Shredded Coconut (V) – $3.75
There’s no lamb in this, instead it’s a yellow cake dipped in chocolate and then rolled around in shredded coconut. It’s an Australian favorite dessert, but ultimately is only worth buying if you really like coconut desserts.
Location of the Australia Marketplace Booth at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
The Australia Marketplace is located on the World Showcase Promenade just past the Port of Entry shop as you head toward Canada.
- REVIEW: Australia at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2018
- All of our 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival coverage is available from our landing page at https://wdwnt.wine!
- Previous coverage:
- VIDEO: Food & Wine Review, The Price is Right Force Friday Edition and More on WDW News Tonight
- TONIGHT on WDW News Tonight (9/21/16) – Food & Wine 2016 Review, Goodbye Stitch, & The Price is Right
- All-New WDW News Today: The Radio Show Tonight (10/01/15) Food and Wine Review ETC.
- Full Epcot Food & Wine Festival Review and We Play The Price is Right, Tonight (9/25/14) on WDWNT: The Radio Show