Brazil has appeared at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival since the beginning of the event in 1996. This year’s 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival takes place August 29 – November 23, 2019.
Menu for the Brazil Marketplace, Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Moqueca: Brazilian Seafood Stew featuring Scallops, Shrimp and White Fish with Coconut-lime Sauce and Steamed Rice – $5.25
- Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans, Tomato and Onions (GF) – $6.00
- Pão de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread (V) (GF) – $4.50
*Price per bottle is an average price of the spirit at your local liquor store.
- M.I.A. Beer Company Barbossa Black Beer, Doral, FL (7.3% ABV) – $4.50
- 🆕 Quinta de Azevedo Vinho Verde, Portugal ($11/bottle) – $5.00
- Quinta do Crasto Duoro Red, Portugal ($15/bottle) – $5.00
- Frozen Caipirinha featuring LeBlon Cachaça (80 proof, $30/750ml bottle) – $11.00
Photos of Menu Items for the Brazil Marketplace, Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Moqueca: Brazilian Seafood Stew featuring Scallops, Shrimp and White Fish with Coconut-Lime Sauce and Steamed Rice – $5.25
We quite enjoyed this dish. There’s scallops, shrimp, and a few chunks of white fish in the coconut-lime sauce put on top a bed of white rice. In terms of portion versus price this one is an absolute winner on that and taste. The seafood is well cooked and everything works together in the creamy sauce. Recommended!
Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans, Tomato and Onions – $6.00
Pork belly seems to be a trend that’s finally dying, only the best executions of the dish remain. Fortunately Brazil’s is actually quite good, once you get past the price versus portion. There’s a good amount of salsa on top and black beans on bottom to make this a relatively filling dish as well. It’s good, but it’s on that borderline of ‘is the price worth it?’. Your mileage may vary.
Pão de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread – $4.50
It’s incredibly difficult to recommend these at over $2 for a piece of cheese bread, even if they are pretty spectacular. You can find a bag of Brazi-Bites in your local grocer for a fraction of the cost if you want to indulge in cheese paradise.
*NEW* Quinta de Azevedo Vinho Verde, Portugal ($11/bottle) – $5.00
Sogrape Vinhos says this wine is “clear and bright with greenish tints. An aroma with prominent notes of well-ripened fruit, particularly of yellow-pulped fruit, such as peaches and nectarines. On the palate, this wine is creamy with aromatic notes of ripe fruit. A lively acidity invites a long and balanced finish.”
Quinta do Crasto Duoro Red, Portugal ($15/bottle) – $5.00
Quinta do Crasto says their Duoro Red is “Dark ruby in colour. Excellent aroma intensity, with floral notes of violet and expressive aromas of wild fruits. On the palate it starts in an appealing way, evolving into a balanced wine, with excellent volume and structure. The tannins are soft in texture and well-integrated with fine retronasal hints of wild fruits. A seductive wine, with great freshness and a lingering finish.”
Frozen Caipirinha featuring LeBlon Cachaça – $11.00
A decent portion for the price that tastes like an alcoholic lemonade with just a bit more tartness than expected. It’s Brazil’s national drink so they must be doing something right because it’s rather refreshing and enjoyable.
All I want to do is *glug glug glug* and *cash register noise* and drink at Epcot. It’s a good black beer, albeit not from Brazil. Years ago they did have a black beer right from Brazil, so we’ll forgive the semantics because this brew is popular in the country. It’s not as heavy as the color of the beer would lead you to believe, too, making it easily drinkable in the Florida heat.
Location of the Brazil Marketplace Booth at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
The Brazil Marketplace Booth is located on World Showcase Promenade between the Morocco and France pavilions. It is #30 on the map below.
- REVIEW: Brazil at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2019
- All of our 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival coverage is available from our landing page at https://wdwnt.wine!
- Previous coverage:
- REVIEW: Brazil at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2018
- VIDEO: Food & Wine Review, The Price is Right Force Friday Edition and More on WDW News Tonight
- TONIGHT on WDW News Tonight (9/21/16) – Food & Wine 2016 Review, Goodbye Stitch, & The Price is Right
- All-New WDW News Today: The Radio Show Tonight (10/01/15) Food and Wine Review ETC.
- Full Epcot Food & Wine Festival Review and We Play The Price is Right, Tonight (9/25/14) on WDWNT: The Radio Show