As one of the 11 World Showcase countries, Canada has been a part of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival since its inception in 1996. This year’s 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival takes place August 29 – November 23, 2019.
Menu for the Canada Marketplace at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Canadian Cheddar Cheese and Bacon Soup served with a Pretzel Roll – $5.25
- Le Cellier Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce (GF) – $8.25
*Price per bottle is an average price of the spirit at your local liquor store.
- 🆕 Collective Arts Brewing Saint of Circumstance Citrus Blonde, Hamilton, Ontario (4.7% ABV) – $4.50
- 🆕 Château des Charmes Merlot, St. David’s Bench ($26/bottle) – $10.25
- Château Des Charmes Vidal Icewine, Niagara-on-the-Lake ($22/200ml bottle) – $7.00
Canada’s two food offerings are the same as last year’s dishes, but they are always super popular!
Photos of Menu Items from the Canada Marketplace at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Canadian Cheddar Cheese and Bacon Soup served with a Pretzel Roll – $5.25
I guess $5.25 is the breaking point of what people are willing to pay, but we would be very happy to pay more for a larger portion. As it stands you get a half-full cup of the cheesiest and best soup ever created and a warm pretzel roll to dip. We can’t justify the price for the portion, even if it is continually one of the best tasting items at Food & Wine. If you’ve never indulged, you should really give it a shot. You won’t regret it.
Le Cellier Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce – $8.25
The ever-popular Le Cellier mushroom Beef Filet Mignon is available once again this year. There’s an amazing truffle-butter sauce on top with some mushrooms that make this dish absolutely stellar. There’s a major gamble when ordering the beef filet from Canada though: The cut. We’ve ordered it numerous times where you get not only a small portion but one with a lot of fat, whereas other times we get a large portion that’s virtually no fat whatsoever. It’s worth the gamble, especially if you have Disney Dining Plan snack credits to burn.
*NEW* Collective Arts Brewing Saint of Circumstance Citrus Blonde, Hamilton, Ontario (4.7% ABV) – $4.50
From Collective Arts Brewing: “Saint of Circumstance is our go-to, easy drinking, any occasion brew. We started by creating this tasty blonde ale using wheat for its lemony flavour and added Citra, Centennial and Amarillo hops. We took it to a whole new level by adding the zest of seasonal citrus. The result, a remarkably refreshing and balanced citrus blonde ale.”
*NEW* Château des Charmes Merlot, St. David’s Bench ($26/bottle) – $10.25
Château des Charmes says their Merlot “has a purplish ruby colour and a bouquet of black cherry and dark chocolate. It is a rich, full-bodied wine with cherry and cassis flavours and a silky finish.”
Château Des Charmes Vidal Icewine, Niagara-on-the-Lake ($22/200ml bottle) – $7.00
Château Des Charmes on their Vidal Icewine: “Vidal is the most popular grape variety used to make Icewine. It has been used to make several different styles of Icewine but we like it best straight forward and intense. When you first put your nose into the glass your head is filled with thoughts of honey, apricot and flower gardens in full bloom. It coats your mouth and you feel it well after you swallow. It’s definitely sweet but the balancing acidity is telling of the care that went into its making.”
Location of the Canada Marketplace at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
The Canada Marketplace Booth at the 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is located on the World Showcase Promenade adjacent to the Canada pavilion. It is #33 on the map below.
- REVIEW: Canada at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2019
- All of our 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival coverage is available from our landing page at https://wdwnt.wine!
- Previous coverage:
- REVIEW: Canada at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2018
- VIDEO: Food & Wine Review, The Price is Right Force Friday Edition and More on WDW News Tonight
- TONIGHT on WDW News Tonight (9/21/16) – Food & Wine 2016 Review, Goodbye Stitch, & The Price is Right
- All-New WDW News Today: The Radio Show Tonight (10/01/15) Food and Wine Review ETC.
- Full Epcot Food & Wine Festival Review and We Play The Price is Right, Tonight (9/25/14) on WDWNT: The Radio Show