Germany, as one of the 11 countries of World Showcase, has been a staple of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival since 1996. This year, the 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival takes place August 29 – November 23, 2019.
Menu for the Germany Marketplace at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Schinkennudeln: Pasta Gratin with Ham, Onions, and Cheese – $4.25
- Roast Bratwurst in a Prop & Peller® Pretzel Roll – $5.75
- Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce (V) – $4.00
- 🆕 Weihenstephaner Festbier Lager, Freising (5.8% ABV) (also at Brewer’s Collection) – $4.50
- 🆕 August Kesseler R Riesling Kabinett, Rheingau ($16/bottle) – $5.00
- J&H Selbach Bernkasteler Kurfürstlay Riesling Kabinett, Mosel ($13/bottle) – $5.00
- 🆕 Selbach-Oster 2014 Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese, Mosel ($30/bottle)- $8.00
- Villa Wolf Pinot Noir, Pfalz ($20/bottle) – $5.00
- Riesling Flight – $6.50
Photos of Menu Items from the Germany Marketplace at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Schinkennudeln: Pasta Gratin with Ham, Onions and Cheese – $4.25
Literally one of the heaviest dishes at the festival (making it one of the best values considering taste and size for price), this baked mac and cheese is creamy and all the right kinds of delicious. The price is up a quarter from 2017, but don’t let that deter you from the cheesy goodness.
Roast Bratwurst in a Prop & Peller® Pretzel Roll – $5.75
It’s a safe bet, it’s good for everyone. The actual brat is nothing crazy, but it’s well done. Standard pretzel bun with a standard mustard dipping sauce.
Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce – $4.00
While not particularly exciting, this dessert has become a staple at the Food & Wine Festival. The crispy and flaky exterior holds in large chunks of well-cooked apple and cinnamon with a plentiful side of vanilla sauce. Recommended, especially at the price.
*NEW* Weihenstephaner Festbier Lager, Freising (5.8% ABV) (also at Brewer’s Collection) – $4.50
From Weihenstephan: “A full rich bodied, hoppy, seasonal lager. Especially brewed for the Festbier season. This beer truly represents the Bavarian way of celebrating. Deep gold color, great mouthfeel and lots of flavor. Prost!”
A light, easy-drinking German lager. It’s a good everyday drinking beer, it’s about as standard of a lager that you’ll find.
*NEW* August Kesseler R Riesling Kabinett, Rheingau ($16/bottle) – $5.00
From August Kesseler: “Our everyday wine is fruity, mineral, and well-balanced. Typical flavors of ripe fruits, aromatic apples, and peaches. Well-structured and delightful. In the mouth, the interaction of mouth-watering fruits and minerals is positively shimmering – very delicate and refreshing on the palate.”
J&H Selbach Bernkasteler Kurfürstlay Riesling Kabinett, Mosel ($13/bottle) – $5.00
From Terry Theise on J&H Selbach: “Every single one of these wines is sophisticated and has vinosity and most important, moderate residual sugar for the genre.”
*NEW* Selbach-Oster 2014 Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese, Mosel ($30/bottle)- $8.00
From Selbach-Oster: “Peach, apricot, apple, as well as citrus fruit and herbs are typical features of the aroma of our young and dry wines. Our delicately and subtley sweet wines show nuances of quince and tropical fruit, and the ripest of them will display honeyed and raisined flavors, often backed by a touch of salty minerality, and always balanced by crunchy acidity.”
Villa Wolf Pinot Noir, Pfalz ($20/bottle) – $5.00
From Villa Wolf: “Villa Wolf Pinot Noir is warm and medium-bodied, with a firm acid structure. Its dark cherry fruit is juicy, ripe and forward, with a spicy mid-palate. Twelve months of barrique aging gives the wine a smoky depth and a nice touch of earthy tannins.”
Location of the Germany Marketplace Booth at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
The Germany Marketplace Booth is conveniently located adjacent to the Germany pavilion on the World Showcase Promenade. It is #20 on the map below.
- REVIEW: Germany at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2019
- All of our 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival coverage is available from our landing page at https://wdwnt.wine!
- Previous coverage:
- REVIEW: Germany at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2018
- VIDEO: Food & Wine Review, The Price is Right Force Friday Edition and More on WDW News Tonight
- TONIGHT on WDW News Tonight (9/21/16) – Food & Wine 2016 Review, Goodbye Stitch, & The Price is Right
- All-New WDW News Today: The Radio Show Tonight (10/01/15) Food and Wine Review ETC.
- Full Epcot Food & Wine Festival Review and We Play The Price is Right, Tonight (9/25/14) on WDWNT: The Radio Show