Germany, as one of the 11 countries of World Showcase, has been a staple of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival since 1996. This year, the 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival takes place August 30 – November 12, 2018.
Menu for the Germany Marketplace at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Schinkennudeln: Pasta Gratin with Ham, Onions, and Cheese – $4.25
- Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll – $5.50
- Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce (V) – $4.00
- Radeberger Zwickel Pilsner (Unfiltered) (4.8% abv) (also at Brewer’s Collection) – $4.25
- Carl Graff Graacher Himmelreich Riesling Spätlese, Mosel ($18/bottle) – $5.00
- J&H Selbach Bernkasteler Kurfürstlay Riesling Kabinett, Mosel ($13/bottle) $5.00
- Selbach-Oster Zeltinger Himmelreich Riesling Kabinett Halbtrocken, Mosel ($20/bottle) – $8.00
- Villa Wolf Pinot Noir, Pfalz ($20/bottle) – $5.00
- Riesling Flight – $6.50
Photos of Menu Items from the Germany Marketplace at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Schinkennudeln: Pasta Gratin with Ham, Onions and Cheese – $4.25
Literally one of the heaviest dishes at the festival (making it one of the best values considering taste and size for price), this baked mac and cheese is creamy and all the right kinds of delicious. The price is up a quarter from 2017, but don’t let that deter you from the cheesy goodness.
Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll – $5.50
Speaking of things that have gone up a quarter, check out this weenie. While the bun is pretty bland and forgettable, the bratwurst is cooked well and has a bit of German mustard on the side for dipping. Is it worth the $5.50 cost? Probably not since it’s a humorous portion and noting to write home about.
Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce (V) – $4.00
While not particularly exciting, this dessert has become a staple at the Food & Wine Festival. The crispy and flaky exterior holds in large chunks of well-cooked apple and cinnamon with a plentiful side of vanilla sauce. Recommended, especially at the price.
Radeberger Zwickel Pilsner (Unfiltered) (4.8% abv) (also at Brewer’s Collection) – $4.25
The Zwickel Pilsner is a solid unfiltered beer that tastes exactly how you’d expect a big beer from Germany to taste. It’s good, refreshing, and worth a try.
Location of the Germany Marketplace Booth at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
The Germany Marketplace Booth is conveniently located adjacent to the Germany pavilion on the World Showcase Promenade.
- REVIEW: Germany at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2018
- All of our 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival coverage is available from our landing page at https://wdwnt.wine!
- Previous coverage:
- VIDEO: Food & Wine Review, The Price is Right Force Friday Edition and More on WDW News Tonight
- TONIGHT on WDW News Tonight (9/21/16) – Food & Wine 2016 Review, Goodbye Stitch, & The Price is Right
- All-New WDW News Today: The Radio Show Tonight (10/01/15) Food and Wine Review ETC.
- Full Epcot Food & Wine Festival Review and We Play The Price is Right, Tonight (9/25/14) on WDWNT: The Radio Show