Japan, one of the 11 World Showcase countries, has been a presence at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival since the very beginning in 1996. This year’s 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival takes place August 30 – November 12, 2018.
Menu for the Japan Marketplace at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- 🆕 Teriyaki Chicken Bun: Steamed Bun filled with Chicken, Vegetables and a Sweet Teriyaki Sauce *NEW* – $5.50
- 🆕 Beef Nigiri topped with Shrimp Sauce and Diced Pickled Jalapeños (GF) *NEW* – $5.95
- 🆕 Spicy Roll: Tuna and Salmon topped with Volcano Sauce *NEW* – $5.75
- Kirin Ichiban Lager (5% ABV) – $4.25
- Ozeki Rai Sake ($16/bottle) – $8.00
- 🆕 Fuji Apple Cocktail: Sake, Peach Schnapps, and Green Apple Syrup *NEW* – $8.50
Photos of Menu Items from the Japan Marketplace at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
*NEW* Teriyaki Chicken Bun: Steamed bun filled with Chicken, Vegetables and a Sweet Teriyaki Sauce – $5.50
Inside of this delicately prepared bao bun is a good amount of shredded chicken tossed in a sweet teriyaki sauce. The menu description says there’re vegetables in there, but there’s far more chicken than vegetables—and that’s a good thing! There’s a lot of value here in the relatively large portion for the price, especially in Epcot Festival terms. It’s a tasty and safe bet for this year’s festival.
*NEW* Beef Nigiri topped with Shrimp Sauce and Diced Pickled Jalapeños (GF) – $5.95
Yeah, we weren’t sure what to expect, either. The beef’s overall flavor is diluted by the bland rice and the even blander shrimp sauce, with the pickled jalapeños adding absolutely nothing to the mix. It’s hard to recall ever having had such a bland Festival offering, especially where the ingredients should add something unique and exciting to this dish. Easily a pass. The other sushi roll here is a better option.
*NEW* Spicy Roll: Tuna and Salmon topped with Volcano Sauce – $5.75
The Spicy Roll is back! Labeled a “hand roll” in the past, meaning you don’t need a fork and knife—or chopsticks—to eat it, this is no different: simply pick it up at the seaweed-wrapped bottom and dig in. There’s plenty of spicy mixed Tuna in the middle of the roll with a simple yet tasty volcano sauce on top. It’s not overbearingly spicy, more flavorful than anything. We really enjoyed this dish and know that the Japan pavilion has fresh, quality ingredients for their sushi. Recommended.
*NEW* Fuji Apple Cocktail: Sake, Peach Schnapps, and Green Apple Syrup – $8.50
Basically this is a liquid Jolly Rancher devoid of any potential alcohol. The picture doesn’t do it justice, but that’s a small 6oz glass you get for the nearly $9 price tag. Skip.
Location of the Japan Marketplace Booth at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
The Japan Marketplace booth is logically located adjacent to the Japan pavilion on the World Showcase Promenade.
- REVIEW: Japan at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2018
- All of our 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival coverage is available from our landing page at https://wdwnt.wine!
- Previous coverage:
- VIDEO: Food & Wine Review, The Price is Right Force Friday Edition and More on WDW News Tonight 2017
- TONIGHT on WDW News Tonight (9/21/16) – Food & Wine 2016 Review, Goodbye Stitch, & The Price is Right
- All-New WDW News Today: The Radio Show Tonight (10/01/15) Food and Wine Review ETC.
- Full Epcot Food & Wine Festival Review and We Play The Price is Right, Tonight (9/25/14) on WDWNT: The Radio Show
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!