Japan, one of the 11 World Showcase countries, has been a presence at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival since the very beginning in 1996. This year’s 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival takes place August 29 – November 23, 2019.
Menu for the Japan Marketplace at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Teriyaki Chicken Bun: Steamed Bun filled with Chicken, Vegetables and a Sweet Teriyaki Sauce – $5.75
- 🆕 Frothy Ramen: Chilled Noodles and Dashi Broth with a Light Foam topping – $6.00
- Spicy Roll: Tuna and Salmon Sushi Roll topped with Volcano Sauce – $5.75
- Kirin Draft Beer (5.0% ABV) – $4.50
- 🆕 Draft Sake – $8.00
- 🆕 Nami Sake Cocktail: Sake, Gin and Blue Curacao – $8.50
Photos of Menu Items from the Japan Marketplace at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Teriyaki Chicken Bun: Steamed bun filled with Chicken, Vegetables and a Sweet Teriyaki Sauce – $5.75
Inside of this delicately prepared bao bun is a good amount of shredded chicken tossed in a sweet teriyaki sauce. The menu description says there’re vegetables in there, but there’s far more chicken than vegetables—and that’s a good thing! There’s a lot of value here in the relatively large portion for the price, especially in Epcot Festival terms. It’s a tasty and safe bet for this year’s festival.
*NEW* Frothy Ramen: Chilled Noodles and Dashi Broth with a Light Foam topping – $6.00
The froth was nothing to be afraid of, surprisingly enough. When you see it, it looks intimidating, but it was a nice touch to a great broth. It’s a real letdown that the noodles were so soggy, though.
Spicy Roll: Tuna and Salmon topped with Volcano Sauce – $5.75
The Spicy Roll is back! Labeled a “hand roll” in the past, meaning you don’t need a fork and knife—or chopsticks—to eat it, this is no different: simply pick it up at the seaweed-wrapped bottom and dig in. There’s plenty of spicy mixed Tuna in the middle of the roll with a simple yet tasty volcano sauce on top. It’s not overbearingly spicy, more flavorful than anything. We really enjoyed this dish and know that the Japan pavilion has fresh, quality ingredients for their sushi. Recommended.
Kirin Draft Beer (5.0% ABV) – $4.50
According to Kirin Ichiban, their beer boasts an “all malt formula using only the finest two-row barley malt. European noble hops. A distinctively rich flavor, smooth finish, no bitter aftertaste.”
*NEW* Draft Sake – $8.00
A pleasant surprise. A wonderful sake that was light, semi-sweet and refreshing. If you are a sake fan or want to try it for the first time – this is for you.
*NEW* Nami Sake Cocktail: Sake, Gin and Blue Curacao – $8.50
We hate super-sweet anything. This walks the line perfectly, though! The Food & Wine guide describes this as just sake, gin, and blue curaçao, but you don’t taste much alcohol at all. It is a fun summertime cocktail to enjoy during your walk around the World Showcase.
Location of the Japan Marketplace Booth at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
The Japan Marketplace booth is logically located adjacent to the Japan pavilion on the World Showcase Promenade. It is #27 on the map below.
- REVIEW: Japan at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2019
- All of our 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival coverage is available from our landing page at https://wdwnt.wine!
- Previous coverage:
- REVIEW: Japan at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2018
- VIDEO: Food & Wine Review, The Price is Right Force Friday Edition and More on WDW News Tonight 2017
- TONIGHT on WDW News Tonight (9/21/16) – Food & Wine 2016 Review, Goodbye Stitch, & The Price is Right
- All-New WDW News Today: The Radio Show Tonight (10/01/15) Food and Wine Review ETC.
- Full Epcot Food & Wine Festival Review and We Play The Price is Right, Tonight (9/25/14) on WDWNT: The Radio Show