Spain, which made a return in 2017, is one of the Marketplace Booths at the 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, taking place August 30 – November 12, 2018.
Menu for Spain Marketplace Booth at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Charcuterie in a Cone with imported Spanish Meats, Cheeses and Olives with an Herb Vinaigrette – $6.50
- Spanish-style Paella with Chorizo and Roasted Chicken – $5.25
- Seafood Salad with Shrimp, Bay Scallops, Mussels, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, White Balsamic Vinegar and Smoked Paprika (GF) – $6.00
- Lagar de Bouza Albariño, Rías Baixas ($15/bottle) – $5.00
- Casa Castillo Monastrell, Jumilla ($12/bottle) – $5.00
- Espelt Garnacha Old Vines, Catalonia ($11/bottle) – $5.00
- Wine Flight – $5.50
Photos of Menu Items for Spain Marketplace Booth at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Charcuterie in a Cone with Imported Spanish Meats, Cheeses and Olives with an Herb Vinaigrette – $6.50
They are slicing the meats fresh right here in the booth before assembling this brilliance in a cone. No, you can’t eat the cone, but you can eat all the cheese and olives and meats packed into it. There’s value here for the price, due to the freshness of all the ingredients, plus it’s just tasty. Recommended.
Spanish-style Paella with Chorizo and Roasted Chicken – $5.25
Last year, the paella had shrimp and no chorizo. While there’s sausage mixed into the rice mixture, they’ve placed a gigantic portion on top. Well, maybe not gigantic, but bigger than anything in the actual rice (which isn’t very big at all). Basically, this dish is using forced perspective to deceive you. Overall, each bite is flavorful and the rice is cooked well, but the price tag is a little too high for what is really some rice and a piece of sausage (even if it is good).
Seafood Salad with Shrimp, Bay Scallops, Mussels, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, White Balsamic Vinegar and Smoked Paprika (GF) – $6.00
This dish is really oily. This is understandable, given the mixture is tossed in olive oil, but when half the glass is filled with oil that’s just not fun. Still, there’s a healthy mixture of shrimp, scallops, mussels, olives, peppers, and more, making for a unique and flavorful offering. $6 might be a bit too much if you don’t get a few good pieces of seafood, but we feel it’s a risk worth taking.
Wine Flight – $5.50
Three Spanish wines for a single cost is a good way to sample some unique bottles that you may not be familiar with. All three are chilled, including the red wines. While the bottles aren’t expensive—if you can find them—we still feel that the flights are the way to go.
Location of Spain Marketplace at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
The Spain Marketplace booth is located between Germany and Italy on the World Showcase Promenade.
- REVIEW: Spain at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2018
- All of our 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival coverage is available from our landing page at https://wdwnt.wine!
- Previous coverage: