Villains 3 Explained

Villains 3
Explained
Date: June 18, 2012
Where: Disney Stores and Online
Price: $9.95
Details: 12 figure blind box set

Update 06/11/12 Updated page with picture of the chaser. Click the Mystery Chaser image at bottom of page to see. Rumor also surfaced of a sale at the Disney Store where you buy one Villains 3 blind box, get one Robots 2 blind box free.

Update 05/30/12 Updated some figures with higher quality images. All I have to say is WOW. Great set Disney Store.

Update 05/29/12 Updated the full character lineup.

Gideon
Pinocchio (1940)He’s the sidekick of J. Worthington Foulfellow. He was going to be voiced by Mel Blanc, who voiced Dopey, but the company decided to delete all of his lines preferring a mute sidekick performance though he has 3 hiccups in the film, all voiced by Mel Blanc.

Great detail with the fur and claws.

Chernabog
Fantasia (1940)He is featured in the “Night on Bald Mountain” sequence. In an interview, Walt Disney referred to him as Satan himself.

The wings, if better than Furry Friends, will be phenomenal. My only gripe is the shading and lines are a bit understated for such an evil creature.

Coachman
Pinocchio (1940)He takes Pinocchio to Pleasure Island. He was voiced by Charles Judels, who also voiced Stromboli.

The shading on the face really accentuates his evil villain side.

picture from Vinylmation Kingdom

Gaston
Beauty and the Beast (1991)The detail in the face is grate, although the turned head gives it an over sized look. I hope the colors are as vibrant as they appear. The animal heads on the ears are a brilliant use of the mold.
picture from Vinylmation Kingdom

Judge Frollo
Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996)Frollo’s hat could be one of the best accessories to date.
picture from Vinylmation Kingdom

Madame Medusa
The Rescuers (1977)The artist did this one just right, using the hair to frame the face. Again, the colors in this set appear to be very vibrant.
picture from Vinylmation Kingdom

Queen of Hearts
Alice in Wonderland (1951)Another Queen of Hearts, but done very differently than Thomas Scott’s version. I welcome different artist’s approaches. The turned face allows the artist to use the ears for the crown and hair.
picture from Vinylmation Kingdom

Rattigan
The Great Mouse Detective (1986)Looks like a great job on the detail on the face. But like Gaston, appears to have an over sized look. A cape would be the real topper, but it doesn’t appear to have one.

Si / Am
Lady and the Tramp (1955)One cat drawn on each side. Perfect. As much as this character freaks me out, it looks well done on each side representing the 2 cats personalities and appearances. I like the double-sided approach as opposed to the two cats intertwined on the front like on the Japan ETO.
picture from Vinylmation Kingdom

Smee
Peter Pan (1953)Smee’s face just fits well on this mold with the cheeks bulging out a bit and being narrow on top and growing outward toward the chin.
picture from Vinylmation Kingdom

Tick Tock
Peter Pan (1953)I really enjoy the character selection here. Not an easy animal to fit on the mold, it looks like the artist pulled it off. The clock painted on the side is a huge bonus that takes the design to a whole new level.

Mystery ChaserClick image to see chaser
Lindsey Branch (Lindols)
Lindsey Branch (Lindols)

This is looking to be a good set. I hoping that as we have someone like the Coachman from Pinocchio that we might get the Circus Ringleader from Dumbo

DisneyMozart
DisneyMozart

Okay, so maybe my theory on this set wasn’t 100% accurate…but they are using two villains from the same movie…so maybe they might be doing that for Fantasia…would love to see Ben Ali Gator!!!!

DisneyMozart

DisneyMozart
DisneyMozart
Reply to  DisneyMozart

Oh, and btw…i still want to see heffalumps and woozles!!!!!!!!!!!! that is all :D

DisneyMozart

Mike zesty
Mike zesty

Not much of an explanation
3 we knew about, date we knew about, no price, no other characters

Rust

The Disney Store artists are killing it. Gideon is amazing.

Ashton
Ashton

I remember seeing on another site that these are rumored to sell for a low price of $9.95! :)

I love this series so far, especially Chernabog! :)

Rust
Reply to  Ashton

All Disney Store artist designed sets are $9.95, it’s only the sets designed by the Design Group that are $12 or $13.

WDWgirl
WDWgirl

I love the Villains series, but do we really need 2 Villains from the same movie in one set??? No offense to Pinocchio fans, but there are so many other villains out there that haven’t been done yet for this series from other movies. Hopefully we can get some more previews soon.

Jen
Jen
Reply to  WDWgirl

There are 2 Peter Pan villains in thise set also

Brian
Brian

These are a great start!! Now I want to see some really obscure folks like Fidget or Creeper..

Evilos

This is going to be a great series.

Kevin
Kevin

Looks like chernabog is 3d

Evanne
Evanne

Would aunt sarah be considered a villian in the disney universe? cause if so I would like to see her with her basket of siamese cats… :)

Stephen
Stephen
Reply to  Evanne

LOL, I consider Aunt Sarah to be a henchwoman/sidekick, even though she is their owner :)

Stephen
Stephen

I saw a picture of the box as it looks like some of the SoCal Disney Stores already got it; in addition to Chernabog, Gideon and The Coachman, the others in the set are Medusa, Queen of Hearts, Ratigan, Frollo, Gaston, Si/Am, Smee, Tic-Toc (Crocodile) and The Mystery Chaser.

Penguin
Penguin

Photos are now out of all the V3 figures (part from the chaser)
– Smee (Peter Pan)
– Tick Tock (Peter Pan)
– Coachman (Pinocchio)
– Gideon (Pinocchio)
– Chernabog (Fantasia)
– Frollo (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
– Gaston (Beauty and the Beast)
– Queen of Hearts (Alice in Wonderland)
– Ratigan (The Great Mouse Detective)
– Medusa (The Rescuers)
– Si/Am (Lady & the Tramp)

DisneyMozart
DisneyMozart

So…I’m pretty unhappy about prtty much this whole set…Tick Tock was a GOOD guy- he was the one wh bothered Hook. Smee should be the one and only other villain used from the movie, aside from V2 Hook. While they both look fantastic, the Coachman and Gideon are from the same movie, and I really wish that they would have had a broader selection. They are redoing the Queen of Hearts and Si/Am-I really wish, again, that they would use a broader spectrum of characters (we know from the use of the Coachman that they can do the rally obscure… Read more »

ThatDisneyDude
ThatDisneyDude

Please have a Maleficent chaser.

Rust

Gaston’s ear might be the best use of ears ever.

Frollo is amazing, that might be my favorite figure ever.

kristi g
kristi g

i so want the queen of hearts!!!!

vinyl collector
vinyl collector

king louie chaser?

Brad B
Brad B

Personally, I like Mortimer as the chaser, but the Villain 2 split face just ruins it for me.

Disneyman
Disneyman
Reply to  Brad B

I think split face is a good choice for this figure because of the long nose. If they made it a disporportionate, tilted head that would’ove ruined it for me!

evnted
evnted
Reply to  Brad B

I…I agree with brad b.

Dennis
Dennis

I like it! Not a main stream character! I just may pick this one up!

WDWgirl
WDWgirl

Sorry if this seems stupid, but who is the chaser and what movie is he from?

Penguin
Penguin
Reply to  WDWgirl

The chaser is Mortimer Mouse. “Mortimer Mouse is a cartoon character created by Walt Disney and used in Walt Disney films and stories. He has been presented as both the uncle of Minnie Mouse, and later presented as an unrelated mouse who was Mickey’s rival for Minnie’s affections. Mickey Mouse was first going to be named Mortimer. However, Lillian Disney, Walt’s wife, believed the name “Mortimer” sounded too much like ‘mortified’ and ‘mortician’ and suggested the name Mickey instead, so “Mortimer” later became the name of Mickey’s rival.” “The first was created by Floyd Gottfredson for Disney studio. He was… Read more »

Stephen
Stephen
Reply to  Penguin

I think I would’ve been better with Mortimer as a chaser if he had appeared in more Classic shorts a la Pete and The Big Bad Wolf; they’re the only two Villains from that era that consistently appear on Villain merchandise. Oh well…