Haunted Mansion Explained

Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion Explained page. A 12 figure blind box series based on the classic Haunted Mansion attraction should be released sometime in the Fall of 2011. Do you have room for one more… Vinylmation set in your display? It’s not a stretch to say, this set will be a very popular series. Our tour begins here in this gallery where you see the figures we know to be in this set.

Haunted Mansion Explained
September 21 (WDW), September 22 (DLR)
$12.95
12 figure blind box series with variants designed by Casey Jones. Casey will hold a signing at each the WDW and DLR releases.

Check out the Variants here!

Executioner

He is an imposing figure in the Graveyard scene.

Great Caesar’s Ghost

He has a robe and sandals on. Found at the end of the table in the Great Hall.

Gus

One of the 3 famed Hitchhiking Ghosts. Now part of a brilliant interactive ending inside the Haunted Mansion were the ghosts “physically” interact with guests using facial recognition mirrors.

Ezra

Inexplicably missing from the listed set? Is there a way to fit him in as a variant? Combo Topper?
Phineas

One of the 3 famed Hitchhiking Ghosts. Now part of a brilliant interactive ending inside the Haunted Mansion were the ghosts “physically” interact with guests using facial recognition mirrors.

King

His majesty is found on a teeter totter over a tombstone with the Queen on one side and him on the other.

Bride

She is found haunting the attic. She was given new “life” during recent renovations.

Master Gracey

“Master Gracey laid to rest. No mourning please, at his request.”

His tombstone is found outside the Haunted Mansion. Inside, you can find an aging portrait.

Hatbox Ghost

Appeared in original Haunted Mansion attraction were his head would disappear and show up in a box he was holding. He was removed because the effect was not working as intended. He can be seen in paintings hanging on the walls of the hallway now. Legend has it that the Animatronic Hatbox Ghost was striped down by Disney Legend Marc Davis and used as Sam the Eagle in America Sings

Singing Bust

On the left of the Florida Project slide, you can see one of the singing busts you find in the graveyard. An easy variant.
Help with name please?

Captain Culpepper Clyne

Found on a portrait inside the WDW attraction as well as in the new interactive queue.

Mystery Chaser

Click on the ? image to reveal the chaser.

Author

david lessor
david lessor

the vinyl that you have with the ? is master gracy i believe

Brad B
Brad B

The second character could be a Birthday Party Ghost from the Ballroom Scene. The character above the Hat Box Ghost looks to be Master Gracey.

Nice selection of characters. Unfortunately, it is a set I will NOT be buying because it is on the NEW mold. I am as avid a Haunted Mansion fan as there is. Having over 700+ HM pins in my collection, I was looking forward to this set, but will pass on it unless Disney changes course!!!!

Brad B
Brad B

Forgot to mention……The chaser would be cool if it had variations of each of Constance’s Husbands!

Evilos

Love it, Can’t wait to see all the figures. Great work Casey.

Cesilie

I would assume that the one is Master Gracey :)

Anyone else thinking this set will be on a clear mold? they are ghosts after all! what type of happy haunt would be soild? ;)

MrTheFrog
MrTheFrog

Check out this link. they have pics of concept art for Madame Leota, Phineas, and Ezra: http://www.vinylnation.net/vinyls/hauntedmansionseries/haunted-mansion1.html

D
D

Brad B is correct, commonly known as Great Caesar’s Ghost, found sitting at the end of the table in the Grand Hall.

Tyler from Colorado
Tyler from Colorado

Clear molds with glow in the dark elements?

sean
sean

the king ghost is from the area where the ghost are dancing hes sitting at the table.he has the same crown. the graveyard king isnt this ghost.

D
D

I would love to see the singing busts as they are as iconic as the Hitchhiking ghosts, however there are five of them, perhaps a varient? Also like the caretaker and his dog but I don’t know how they would go about fitting that onto a vinylmation. What would look good on a vinyl would be the mummy. Can’t wait to see what the other figures are in this series, hope the chaser isn’t as dissapointing as the Pirates of the Caribbean.

Carol
Carol

I am so looking forward to this series.

My favorite part of the ride is the singing busts – so hopefully one (or more) of these will be in this series.

Can’t wait!

Tom
Tom

I made a special box just for the madame leota vinylmation so please can you make a Madame Leota Vinylmation

disneyman
disneyman

a good design for madame leota would be a heat with a helmet, a body clear w sparkles, and the base in the feet

Caitlin
Caitlin

I feel like these are really underwhelming, The characters on the ride have so much personality and these figures just don’t do the happy haunts justice,

Brad B
Brad B

The Ghost under the Singing Bust looks like the Harp Ghost from the HM Band/Musicians. Wonder if variants may include other band members?

Rust

Yeah, I’ll agree with what a lot of people are saying: that this set is disappointing. I like the Hatbox Ghost and the Singing Bust, but that’s it. The chaser is pretty bad as it has nothing to do with the character, the bride has weird wrinkles under her eyes for no reason, Master Gracy is just a fat guy. We don’t even have all 3 Hatbox Ghosts, what’s up with that?

Brad B
Brad B
Reply to  Rust

“We don’t even have all 3 Hatbox Ghosts,…..” Do you possibly mean Hitchhiking Ghosts? I cannot belive they would leave Ezra out of the series. Has to be a variant or Combo Topper at the very least. Just cannot see it otherwise.

I am kind of let down on the 3 year build up. Hopefully, MCs prediction of a parallel set of the “living versions” of all the ghosts will come true. That would turn this set upside down!!!!!!! Otherwise, it is just average at best.

Rust
Reply to  Brad B

That is what I meant, it was late.

Ezra’s either a combo topper or missing for a stupid reason. Seriously though, if he’s not included, you’ll have to wonder why would you make a fat Master Gracy or Caesar instead of the most recognizable face of the ride?

Penguin
Penguin

The chaser is Little Leota, which you see at the end of the rides.

Penguin
Penguin
Reply to  Penguin

Well I think it is. She looks slightly different at each Haunted Mansion.

Ashley B
Ashley B

“Dont forget to bring your death certificate” kekeke!

Jason
Jason

I love the Haunted Masnion, and I’ll definitely buy a few, but for me this didn’t live up to the wait. The Bride looks Smurfette-like. The translucent blue and green ghosts remind me of the Tron toys I had in the 80’s. Master Gracey could have used some cheekbone lines drawn in to thin his face. I thought it would’ve been cool if you could turn his face around and see a skeleton version of him. I think there are too many ghosts. I know it’s the Haunted Mansion, but if the ghosts aren’t really working well, in my opinion,… Read more »

Jason
Jason

A HM Cast Member vinyl would be great! There outfits are so iconic. I can’t believe I forgot about doing that. They just need to do a series 2 with all of our ideas and maybe the missing hitchiking ghost or Leota (that is if we do not see them in some way related to this release).