Tim Alcoser’s 11/9/12 DLR Photo Report

Tim Alcoser was at the Disneyland Resort this past weekend and got some pictures around the resort as the holidays begin at the parks.

The fire scenes from Pirates of the Caribbean during World of Color.
Color!

Carthay Circle with a large  Wreath.
Holiday decorations have appeared on Buena Vista Street

Here is the Christmas Tree on Buena Vista Street.
As well as a stunning tree

There is incredible detail to the tree if you get up close and look!

Nothing signifies Christmas at the resort like crowds.  Perhaps the busiest time of the entire year.
Over in Disneyland…

First showing of Believe...in Holiday Magic Fireworks.
Believe… In Holiday Magic had its first performance of the season last friday

Disneyland….

California Adventure. Awesome comparison shots

Carsland is enjoying it's first Christmas!
Now for a look in Car Land for it Christmas decor

You can meet Santa at Elias & Company.
Back on Buena Vista Street, the Santa meet & greet in Elias and Co.

Santa Mickey Hats.

Mickey in his Christmas Sweater.  A little Halloween is also left over too.
Mickey in his holiday garb
Now let's check out and ride through It's a Small World Holiday!
Joy to the small world

Wrapping up the report with some picture of its a small world holiday

Up close of the Castle.

Thanks for reading

Danny
Danny

Amazing! Your photo reports always make me feel all warm and fuzzy! Even if I was just at the park earlier in the day! LOL

Reply to  Danny

I appreciate it Danny! You guys motivate me!

Engine74
Engine74

Great Photos Tim.

Reply to  Engine74

Thank you engine! Thanks for being a dedicated reader!

TFN5459
TFN5459

Is it just me, or do the decorations in its a small world holiday look a lot better than previous years? It looks like they really went all out this year.

Reply to  TFN5459

I think the Christmas lights at IASW are probably my favorite holiday decorations in the entire resort. It really stands out at night. It's also fun to see a new spin on IASW inside, like other attractions such as Haunted Holiday Mansion. Keeps it fresh, fun and bold.

Brent
Brent

Great photo's. what kind of camera are you using? any special settings? the pictures are very bright and clear, even for night pictures.

Fantastic job, I always love the photo reports. Not being close to Disneyland, this gives me a "Disney Fix" that will get me thru the snow.

Reply to  Brent

Thank you for the kind words Brent. It makes me happy that you enjoy my photographs, and folks like you are all the motivation I need to keep it up!

As for my camera, I use a Canon Rebel T3i, stock lense. For this set of photographs, I simply had the camera set to "auto", but with flash off, just a test of the camera's abilities in dark situations with bright landscapes. Seems it came out decent.

Executor78
Executor78

Thanks for the report, Tim! I've never been able to visit Disneyland during the holidays which is a shame because those decorations look fantastic!

Reply to  Executor78

If you can get in right now, you can enjoy all the Christmas fun and still escape most of the crowds. After Thanksgiving crowds and Christmas Crowds.

Savanna
Savanna

Quick question, is there no more snowflake christmas tree in the finale room? Was that big snowman the replacement for that?

Reply to  Savanna

Darn good question Savanna as I can't seem to remember now. I'll go ride it again.

Larry Delceg
Larry Delceg

Great report Tim! Many well composed photos!
It's hard to shoot in the low light of 'Small World' without blurring due to the boat's motion. Does your camera have a full frame sensor? I've attempted it with my T3i and f1.8 lens and only a few turned out as crisp as yours. Very nice.
Thanks for the effort you put into this!

Merry Christmas,
Larry Delceg

Reply to  Larry Delceg

Merry Christmas Larry! I also use a T3i, stock lense though.

It's tough, and I had to throw a few of the photos out because of blurring.

Thanks for viewing the photo report!

dusty