Disney was nice enough to preview several upcoming items that will be released at Star Wars Weekends in 2014 this week:
Among the items this year will be limited edition pins including a reveal/conceal mystery collection and art cards with pins. There is also a lanyard medal that looks like the medals awarded in A New Hope after the Battle of Yavin.
The Cars as Star Wars characters series will continue with tractors as Sandtroopers and the Disney figures will come out in some new collector sets. Also in the realm of toys will be a lenticular 1000 piece puzzle, a Jabba The Hutt latex character, and Princess Leia & Amidala fashion dolls.
Star Wars Weekends 2014 will not only offer some of the best merchandise in the galaxy, but also, the first-ever ticketed Star Wars merchandise event:
The Alliance leaders are summoning the most loyal Rebels in the galaxy to gather at the Rebel Rendezvous on Thursday, May 15, 2014 between 10AM and 5PM at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®.
Join the Rebel Alliance at this covert meeting place to gather supplies and other limited edition acquisitions in preparation for the upcoming Star Wars™ Weekends engagement. Look alert! The Rendezvous Point is located on the Outer Rim near the known whereabouts of Bounty Hunters and an Imperial presence!
Packages for the Rebel Rendezvous are $250 per person and include the following:
– Exclusive access to Darth’s Mall one day before it opens to the public.
– Limited edition recruitment pack (includes a custom messenger bag, cadet hat, tumbler, lanyard, pin & medal set). Items are only available to Rebel Rendezvous attendees on May 15, 2014.
– Preferential opportunity to purchase select 2014 Star Wars™ Weekends merchandise, including, but not limited to:
- Customized Rebel Rendezvous merchandise, including D-Tech on Demand cell phone cases and Aurebesh nametags
- Special bundle pack that includes a unique Disney Gift Card design with Rebel carrying case
- Limited edition merchandise created for Star Wars™ Weekends 2014
- Star Wars™ Weekends 2014 event logo apparel and souvenir items
- New Vinylmation™ releases, including opportunities to acquire full sets
– Ashley Eckstein meet &greet and product signing, featuring the new collection of Her Universe apparel – Rebel activities, including special meet & greet and signing opportunities with characters and Disney artists
…. And more
Registration for this added event will open on March 4th at 1PM ET. A catalog with additional merchandise images will be available at that time.
So, what do you think of the merchandise and this event for Star Wars Weekends 2014?
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!