Frozen has not only found its way into many aspects of Walt Disney World Resort, but this Christmas, Disney will put a Frozen twist on its 31st annual Christmas Day telecast, appropriately renamed the Disney Parks Frozen Christmas Celebration airing December 25, 2014, on ABC-TV.
Robin Roberts of ABC’s Good Morning America will host the reimagined television special inspired by the blockbuster hit’s message of uniting family and loved ones. Roberts will lead the telecast from Walt Disney World Resort in Florida with support from ESPN and SEC Network personality Tim Tebow.
ABC’s Robin Roberts hosts this year’s Disney Parks Frozen Christmas Celebration.
They will be joined by Rob Marciano, senior meteorologist of ABC’s Good Morning America from the “The Happiest Place on Earth” at Disneyland Resort. Sarah Hyland, star of ABC’s Emmy award-winning show Modern Family, joins the fun from Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa in Ko Olina, Hawai‛i.
Sarah Hyland performs from Aulani.
The festivities will also feature a special appearance by Miss America 2015, Kira Kazantsev, making this year’s Christmas special a magical Frozen celebration not to be missed.
Miss America 2015, Kira Kazantsev
Disney Parks will celebrate this Christmas with more than a parade, but with a heartfelt wish for the holiday season, the coming together of loved ones and family. In keeping with the spirit of Frozen where two sisters are united through the power of true love, Disney will bring together three groups of families and friends who have been apart or separated for the holidays, providing the ultimate Christmas gift. The reunions will take place at three magical Disney destinations – Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort, and Aulani – making these reunions bigger, brighter and merrier.
The joyous occasion will fittingly include a special rendition of the Frozen hit single, Let It Go, as performed by 12-year-old YouTube sensation, Lexi Walker.
Lexi Walker performs Let It Go.
There will also be festive performances from some of today’s top musical talents at each of the various Disney locations:
- Ariana Grande will regale Walt Disney World Resort guests with her new Christmas single Santa Tell Me and the Christmas tradition Last Christmas
- Prince Royce adds to the merriment with I Want to Wish You a Merry Christmas/Feliz Navidad
- The spotlight also will shine on special performances from the X Factor USA third and final season winners Alex and Sierra singing Love is an Open Door from Frozen
- Yuletide cheer will be brought to the Hawaiian Islands by Gavin DeGraw, performing his latest single Fire and the holiday standard I’ll Be Home for Christmas
- Laura Marano, of Disney Channel’s Austin & Ally, entertains viewers with her version of Do You Want to Build a Snowman? as posed by Princess Anna in Frozen
Laura Marano also performs.
- Trey Songz, Lucy Hale and Train will serenade audiences at Disneyland Resort in California with holiday favorites such as All I Want for Christmas is You, Mistletoe, and Shake Up Christmas
Train entertains the Christmas Day special in Disneyland.
- Country music superstar Trisha Yearwood will perform her hit single, Prizefighter, and the holiday classic, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
Celebrate the most wonderful time of year with familiar Disney friends and holiday characters as they spread Christmas joy and cheer at Disneyland Park in California and along parade routes at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida:
*characters/floats subject to change
- The Frozen stars of the parade, Elsa and Anna, return from Arendelle to join the royal court and ring in the holidays on Main Street, U.S.A. at Walt Disney World Resort
- Olaf, the summer-loving snowman from Frozen, joins hundreds of Dance the Magic youth performers in front of Cinderella Castle for a musical number to In Summer
- Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty makes her holiday debut as the steampunk-inspired fire-breathing dragon, as featured in the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade
- A new Club Penguin float joins the procession highlighting the holiday special, We Wish You a Merry Walrus
- The superheroes of Big Hero 6 take a break from saving the world to wish onlookers happy holidays
- The National Cheerleaders Association and National Dance Alliance Performance Cheer Team, featuring 800 members from 41 states, entertain park guests lining Main Street, U.S.A.
- Boys and Girls Club National Youth of the Year winner, Maryah Sullivan, appears in the regal coach from the upcoming live action film, Cinderella
- Traditional Christmas favorites such as Toy Soldiers and Gingerbread Men get their time in the spotlight to make the season merry and bright
- After a long night of delivering presents, the jolly man in the red suit, Santa Claus, finishes his route on Main Street, U.S.A.
The Disney Parks Frozen Christmas Celebration airs December 25, 2014, on ABC-TV at 10:00 a.m. EST. Other airtimes vary; check local listings in your market.
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!