Last month I reported that there was a rumor going around that the first ‘Star Wars Spin-Off’ would center around a heist story dealing with several Bounty Hunters from the Star Wars Universe. Now LatinoReview is reporting that we may see a Spaghetti Western like movie taking place in the Star Wars Universe that will star Han Solo and Boba Fett. It sounds like a great idea to introduce a young Han Solo, who originally had a shady past, either competing or working with Boba Fett and a group of Bounty Hunters over a certain mission concerning the Empire’s Death Star Plans.
MakingStarWars.com also got their hands on some information regarding the upcoming ‘Star Wars Spin-Off’:
- Expect more on-location shooting than for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Crew members are hearing their start dates now.
- Many believe they are doing a lot of work on-location in Mexico for the first spin-off.
- There have been some Star Wars: The Force Awakens re-shoots going down recently at Pinewood using some of those people.
- Bounty hunters are important to the film.
- Painters are expected to redress some set pieces from The Force Awakens and there are lots of cost cutting measures like that in place for the first spin-off film. Most of the reshoot materials are to be saved when possible for this reason.
The first ‘Star Wars Spin-Off,’ directed by Gareth Edwards, is scheduled to open on December 16th, 2016