BREAKING: The Earful Tower at Disney’s Hollywood Studios to be Removed

The Earful Tower, one of the long-standing icons of Disney’s Hollywood Studios dating back to 1989, will be removed in the coming weeks.

hollywood-earful-tower

The area near the Earful Tower is going to become Toy Story Land, meaning the tower would be “visually intrusive” to the story of the land where guests are shrunken to the size of a toy.

Disney has not announced if they will move the Earful Tower, but they have officially stated that it will be removed soon.

0 0 votes
Daniel Watkins
Daniel Watkins

That is terrible news :-(

Gary Brueningsen
Gary Brueningsen

Very disappointing. This was an opening day nod to the Burbank studio lot, where a similar tower stands. Seems to show the total obliteration of any ‘studio’ connection for whatever we’ll call the revised theme park.

Raegan
Raegan

Nooooo! Not the earful tower! :(

Carolyn stahler

We keep removing things. So sad. We come yearly.

Ryan Amerson
Ryan Amerson

Goodbye Earful Tower! :(

Ilya D
Ilya D

It is sad to see stuff go…but thats progress! For the parks to attract stellar attendance and charge big prices, they need to stay modern and have new attractions. Star wars and toy story are huge franchises which should help Hollywood Studios do big numbers in the coming years. Would be nice to see a place for it somewhere..along with the dancing lights!

William Dwight Stewart Jr
Reply to  Ilya D

I am excited for Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land as well . But , here is my thing . How is Disney going to continue to keep the name ” Disney’s Hollywood Studios ” for the park if they are going to keep on removing the elements from the theme park that are based on what an actual studio has ? I like your comment because I will always be on the side of not being so controlling of the Disney Experience because how we the guests love to have all of the pleasures of visiting the Disney… Read more »

Melissa
Melissa

Honestly this made me so sad. I want to be able to let my kids experience something wonderful.. It’s sad how they keep adding new things.. Disney is art. It’s a shame

Monica
Monica
Reply to  Melissa

It’s sad to add new things? Makes no sense. If the parks-scratch that- PARK- looked the exact same as it did on opening day, it would be dead. Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kindgom and every ride/show/attraction they hold were all “new things” at one point. Change is good. Sure it may be sad to see a few old things go, but they will be replaced with bigger and better attractions. And honestly, what kid wouldn’t choose Toy Story Land over a water tower with mouse ears? Come on, be real. I’m psyched to see how amazing the new additions will… Read more »

Tim
Tim

Getting sick of them changing so many great things. Plan stupid. Like the sorcerer mickey hat. What’s next the Castle. Come on. They have alot of waisted space they could use first.

Mike
Mike

Was it ever a functional water tower???

Patrick
Patrick
Reply to  Mike

Nope. Strictly for decoration.

Caitlin McMaster
Caitlin McMaster
Reply to  Mike

It was supposed to be a water tower for the flammable attractions such as the Backlot Tour but was decommissioned quite fast. As it was the almost ‘symbol’ for the park back then it was kept, but then the Sorcerer’s Hat was built (this is now gone too :( ) It may be being used for the new Disney Springs water tower though!

Larry Dean Smith Jr

Ah man that sucks

Victor DeCapua
Victor DeCapua

Don’t destroy it. Move to a new location. It’s an icon. Move it to Frontier land.

Sean
Sean

To be fair, there are very few places in the park where it’s visible, and the Backlot Tour has been closed for a year and a half, which was the only way to get an up-close look without being a cast member.

Monica
Monica

Hopefully they move it to another part of the park. For many, including me, it has become a nostalgic symbol of the park. So sad to see it go but I understand the reasons why. :(

Gary
Gary

Why is this called a Studio?

Rob
Rob
Reply to  Gary

That’s changing soon

George
George

How can anything be an ICON when it is only 26 years old? They are removing it…so what!

Matthew Twilley

Yay! I can’t wait for this place to become my favorite WDW park in a few years. Rockin, Tower, GMR, TSM, Muppets, 3 Star wars rides, Toy Story coaster, I love all of those things. Im hoping for a new Tangled or Tiana show too, since nine-12 attractions is still pretty light even if they’re all good.

Joel
Joel

I have always felt small under that giant set of Mickey Ears, They should just put Andy in script on the hat and tell everyone it is from when Andy went to WDW…

Judy Hilliard
Judy Hilliard

Oh no no no no that is so wrong

mwmimi

I love the Tower! I realize it won’t fit; I always loved how unique it was as an identifier.

Michelle
Michelle

I feel like they are making it less Disney -so sad!