PHOTOS: Imagination Pavilion’s ImageWorks at Epcot is Literally Falling Apart

While walking through the ImageWorks at the exit of Journey Into Imagination with Figment at Epcot last night, the floor felt a little strange. It felt as if the tiles were lifting off of the ground as I stepped on them. Then I looked down…

img_2744

We found entire sections of tile had to be taped down because most of them are loose and popping up. Now, if it were one section, I could understand that, but it was taped down in several areas.

F is probably the grade I would give this pavilion
F is probably the grade I would give this pavilion

Again, several areas featured tape of various colors being used to hold the floor together at this point. ImageWorks is now literally falling apart, even beyond the mostly-broken hands-on exhibits inside.

img_2746

Given how die hard our audience is, I probably need not explain why this is such “bad show”. Hopefully it will be addressed soon, preferably before all of the tile in the ImageWorks has tape between it.

eastyorkdisneyfan

My guess would be they can’t get a hold of the same type of tile anymore and are waiting until they can replace all of it a once.

Charles
Charles

They should’ve used Figment footprint-shaped adhesive to tape it down

Michael Sabani

The cast member we spoke with on Wednesday said they don’t anticipate the pavilion being open after the end of the year.

JimDisney :)
JimDisney :)

Tape , a short story about , Tape . Had a problem at home with some shower tiles that were loose and falling off the wall .Waiting for the ordered tile to come in , I asked the man at the store . What do I use to keep water out of the wall where the missing tiles used to be? Tape ! My wife was going crazy .The walls are so ugly, it looks terrible. lucky for us we were headed to Disney we can deal with this when we get home . We get to our room at… Read more »

rebeccamck

I kind of root for that JIYI attraction to be gone some time soon but not do away with the nice DVC lounge that’s above it. Keep the pavilion/building but replace the ride. Maybe the CMs are covering those tiles with tape to force the issue until Disney decides it looks so bad it’s time to fix them.

rebeccamck
Reply to  rebeccamck

Maybe even gut that ride and put a lounge THERE for AP holders. (I read another article where people want an AP lounge, why not just downstairs from the DVC members lounge?). It takes a lot of free soda to get through a day at Epcot.

Ariel Alcazar
Reply to  rebeccamck

Hi, you just replied to yourself on here, don’t know if you noticed! But you probably do. The arrow that’s pointing ↑ up towards your comment means you just replied to yourself, you were supposed to press on the comment box to comment, not on the (Reply) button. Just saying. ☺

rebeccamck
Reply to  Ariel Alcazar

Yes, I knew that. I was meaning to add to my original comment and didn’t see an edit function so I did it as a reply.

JimV
JimV

If the tiles are lifting off without cracking, they can add some new thinset and remount. Better than duct tape and more permanent.

Steven
Steven

F, for Figment! Dunno about the + sign. Maybe it’s a treasure hunt? :)

Priscilla
Priscilla

Sad

Mind me
Mind me

Maybe they can rise ticketprices again and fix this…

Mind me
Mind me

Or maybe they wait till they find some company to sponsor new tiles?

Derek
Derek

This attraction long been ignored and due to be shut down. It doesn’t make profit. Disney is becoming a dump. They have abandoned caring about local guests long ago with diluting annual passes and food quality, and now see itself as a tourist trap for just 100% profit from guests who don’t know better or just return out of habit. Sad to say, you want better experience and insist it be Disney, you have to go to Shanghai Disney. It’s actually cheaper now and better value to travel to real cou tires an Epcot sales models. Florida Disney parks are… Read more »

Ryan B
Ryan B
Reply to  Derek

Wut.

Tye
Tye
Reply to  Ryan B

Don’t use big words around the American Disney Crowd. This guy with wut doesn’t comprende. But I agree. Disney Florida is a hot mess of cut backs.

stevenw
stevenw
Reply to  Derek

Currently all of Walt Disney World looks like one huge construction site. In a couple of years, hopefully, with new and refurbished attractions it will be worthy of the hype–right now much of it looks more like one huge highway construction site. As for locals not feeling the love, Mickey has found a new true love: out-of-town and foreign big spenders who drop a ton of money on food, junk and on-site accommodations; it’s “just business,” and business is good. The parks are still crowded–even with a recent drop in attendance–and the out-of-town crowd makes them way more money per… Read more »

Derek
Derek
Reply to  stevenw

By the time Disney opens new areas with less attractions than promotional areas and shops, it will be too late. Other areas neglected will then close. The time for a fifth park and all new management is now. They don’t like out of town guests so much either. Disney should sell their parks and concentrate on media. They’re unable to produce a profitable enough (for them) nor enjoyable theme park anymore. Their cuts are too transparent, and melennials couldn’t care less about their ‘legacy’ of clean and experience generating parks worth spending money at. Less Brazilians because better choices out… Read more »

Clueless
Clueless
Reply to  Derek

Why are you on a Disney fansite if you don’t like Disney?

Helen
Helen
Reply to  Clueless

Most of the biggest fans are
Critical of the cutbacks at Floridas Disney. The lesser
fans accept the mediocrity and Disney cutting huge corners in “the product” for ONLY short term profit.

Visitor
Visitor
Reply to  Derek

You’ll be singing a different tune by 2021, when all your wishes will come true. (Not sarcasm)

Jeff
Jeff
Reply to  Derek

It’s crazy that I just returned from a 10 night trip to WDW (my 6th trip there in 8 years), and had the time of my life.
Must be something wrong with me.
Oh well, gotta start planning my 2017 trip.

wdwfan
wdwfan
Reply to  Jeff

Thank you Jeff nice to see that there are still some Disney fans that still believe in the magic

Derek
Derek
Reply to  Jeff

Good to see Disney hasn’t fired
CP interns for posting fake comments on the board. They’ve obvoisly fired the engineering staff. If Disney only would put half the work into making the parks actually well run instead of PR damage control.