BREAKING: Wishes Fireworks Spectacular to be Replaced with “Happily Ever After” at the Magic Kingdom

After 14 years, the Wishes Nighttime Spectacular at the Magic Kingdom will say goodbye on May 11, 2017 to make way for a new show beginning May 12th, 2017.

“Happily Ever After” captures the heart, humor, and emotions of Disney films through awe-inspiring fireworks, state of the art projections, and brilliant lasers.

Author

Mr. Magic
Mr. Magic

This is actually making me sad. First electrical parade then celebrate the magic and now wishes ?

Emma Clarke
Emma Clarke
Reply to  Mr. Magic

Same, I’m going for the first time in September and I was really looking forward to seeing wishes :(

Scott Dolan

I wonder if Illuminations will be the next to go…

nanotitan
nanotitan
Reply to  Scott Dolan

….. flllows some logic, doesn’t it? :)

Mrs. Magic
Mrs. Magic

Yes, good to see something new, I like the change.

Christine
Christine

This is absolutely not ok… first electrical parade, then celebrate the magic and now wishes. Quit changing stuff. It’s all about tradition. Walt would be very disappointed.

Change Is Okay
Change Is Okay
Reply to  Christine

“We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” – Walt Disney “Times and conditions change so rapidly that we must keep our aim constantly focused on the future.” – Walt Disney “Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world.” – Walt Disney Walt believed in innovation and moving forward. I don’t think he would be disappointed with replacing things that have been around for so many years. It’s okay to be sad when seeing… Read more »

Jeff
Jeff
Reply to  Christine

Is this post meant to be a joke? Walt was literally the exact opposite from that.

Agent K
Agent K
Reply to  Jeff

@Jeff Those quotes is what Disney uses when they change or replace things.

Jeff
Jeff
Reply to  Agent K

I was responding to the post saying the show should never be changed, I think that had to be a joke. What would be the point of that?

Nate
Nate
Reply to  Christine

But Wishes wasn’t the original fireworks show. So we should get rid of Wishes and go back to the original fireworks show they showed in Disneyland?

Arthur
Arthur
Reply to  Christine

I think if you could ask Walt how he felt about Wishes being replaced, he would say, “What’s Wishes?”

Rob Anthony
Reply to  Christine

no he wouldn’t.

Stella
Stella
Reply to  Christine

I agree. This made me cry. I went to Disney World ONCE and only went to the Magic Kingdom once. WISHES made me tear up and get emotional because it was so beautiful. This is one of the worst decisions Disney has ever made. I’m sure that if Walt Disney were alive today he wouldn’t have allowed this. My dad worked there for the college program, and he said seeing Wishes was like coming home. Once again this is an awful decision.

Tammy White
Tammy White

Bring back Spectromagic!

Brad Kramer

It’s great to see the hand drawn animation still has a place in the house that Walt built!

Rob
Rob

Spectromagic and Wishes… greatest pairing ever

Dr. H. Lector
Dr. H. Lector
Reply to  Rob

I prefer liver with fava beans and a nice Cianti

Disneymomma
Disneymomma
Reply to  Rob

Yes absolutely.

Joe
Joe

Wishes had a good run. I was more upset over SpectroMagic leaving. That one came out of nowhere.

Batman
Batman

If they didn’t think that people would stay in the park for fireworks, they’ll kill them ALL! Disney does not care about guests. Period.

AJ
AJ
Reply to  Batman

Only reason to keep them in parks is to buy overpriced stuff. Disney pretty much sucks now a days.

Master of Puppets
Master of Puppets
Reply to  AJ

Thanks AJ for your brilliant comment, you are a very classy person, I bet.

dumbass
dumbass
Reply to  AJ

Obvious sock puppet is obvious.

Arthur
Arthur
Reply to  Batman

If people wouldn’t stay in the parks to watch fireworks, why WOULD Disney have them? Kind of silly to pay for something that people wouldn’t participate in.

John Fitzhugh
John Fitzhugh

Things change all of the time at Disney. And, yes, I do believe that is the way Walt Disney would want it. They aren’t canceling Wishes. They are simply changing the name and adding some more elements. This type of thing is what keeps people coming back. I agree that seeing beloved shows and attractions leave is heartbreaking, but if Disney didn’t update things everybody would be complaining that Disney is outdated. I for one am looking forward to the new show!

WWWD (What Would Walt Do?)
WWWD (What Would Walt Do?)
Reply to  John Fitzhugh

NOTHING is outdated.

Pierre
Pierre

Your name is an outdated reference….

WWWD (What Would Walt Do?)
WWWD (What Would Walt Do?)
Reply to  Pierre

My name is the philosophy Disney should be run by and should always be since 1967. And I stand by what I say that literally nothing is outdated. Card Walker was a much better CEO than Iger.

WWJD (What Would Jesus Do)
WWJD (What Would Jesus Do)

SEE YOU IN COURT!

Anonomouse
Anonomouse

So does that mean that MNSSHP will happy Hallow Happily Never Ever?

Zac Grant
Zac Grant

DISNEY IDIOTS….YOU DONT TOUCH WISHES!!!!!

Brick Tamland
Brick Tamland
Reply to  Zac Grant

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE’RE YELLING ABOUT!!!!

Shell
Shell

I am sad to see Wishes leaving because everything is changing. I is one thing if all the shows weren’t changing with in months of each other. I mean it started with “Dream Along with Mickey” to “Celebrate the Magic” to “Electrical Parade” to the welcome show and now this.. I mean really can’t they spread these changes out so that people can have a little more time to be able to see the old shows and adjust to one change before they throw another in the mix.

Cheryl
Cheryl

For me it’s not so much changes or new, it’s that under Bob Iger, “new” means “less”. Every change is a cut back. And many changes are just dropping something and not replacing it. I’m sure the new show is less expensive. Bummer. Disney doesn’t get it.

Fanland Forever
Fanland Forever
Reply to  Cheryl

I think it’s unfair to day this will be “less than wishes”. Especially since we haven’t seen the finished product. And because they are literally showing how they are adding to the experience not taking away in the video. From someone who loves “Wishes!”, (literally belts it’s out every night), the show has definitely had its time and I think we should be excited to see something new. It’s okay to retire shows and try new things. How would people know Paint the Night was amazing if the electrical parade never left Disneyland? If it debuts and flops then we… Read more »

Peter Rowe
Peter Rowe
Reply to  Cheryl

I’m sorry but happily ever after has more pyro and more elements then wishes has, even once upon a time has more pyro the CTM sorry your comment make no sense

Brittany
Brittany

Welp. Extremely glad we’ll get to see it one last time the week before they snatch it away.

Lee
Lee

This makes me incredibly sad. Wishes has become an amazing show especially with the beefed up fireworks in the middle of the show. Illuminations could use the help right now. I’ve never understood why the middle of the show is so amazing that people think it’s the finale and then the finale is so disappointing.

Shaun garner
Shaun garner

The issue is wishes is very personal to every single person and the one firework going over the castle takes you back to the start of every Disney movie make a wish especially with jiminy cricket we have been going since 2004 and it bring a tear to all my family every time

CHRIS A MINICK
CHRIS A MINICK

Does anyone know where I can purchase the Disney Wishes Firework Spectacular poster?

Lauren
Lauren

I’m literally crying! I could see it everyday and it will never get old! I feel like it was timeless!!!! :(

Mark Eagleton
Mark Eagleton

Wishes gone? Terrible decision!