PHOTOS: New Modern Style Value Resort Rooms Debut at Disney's Pop Century Resort

PHOTOS: New Modern Style Value Resort Rooms Debut at Disney’s Pop Century Resort

Disney is currently in the process of remodeling all of the rooms at the Pop Century Resort and we have a first look inside of the newly remodeled lodging for you today.

We start with a little refresher course for those of you who may not remember what the current rooms at Disney’s Pop Century Resort look like…

I admittedly haven’t stayed at Pop Century since 2012 and the rooms look much worse than I had remembered. Perhaps they haven’t aged very well.

The carpet was looking (and smelling) pretty bad.

The current style rooms feature two double size beds, but that is about to change…

Welcome to the newly remodeled rooms at Disney’s Pop Century Resort, soon what all guest rooms at the resort will look like.

A look from the other side with the second bed pulled down. Both are queen size.

The fold down bed is a table when stood up. These units already exist across the lake at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort.

The entry with new curtains.

Yes, there is no carpet. It makes the room look (and smell) much nicer in my opinion.

The other queen bed sits on a new base that allows storage room underneath.

This new unit by the doorway holds the coffee maker, ice bucket, and new mini-fridge with a see-thru door. This will ensure that you never forget that you have items in the fridge.

“And what do we got on this thing, a Cuisinart?”

When pulled down, the headboard features Pluto sleeping in a Pop Art style. Get it?

There is a light above the bed, inside of the unit, which can be turned on and off via the small switch underneath the Pluto art.

New model phones in each room, as well as plenty of electrical outlets, including USB.

A set on each of the three end tables probably means you won’t have to fight over outlets anymore.

A rather large television can be found above the dresser, which of course has even more outlets. And yes, they now have a resort channel that plays AVATAR 24-hours…

This unit is quite large, and with the fridge moved, there is even more room for clothes.

The drowsy to the bathroom, as well as the adjoining room.

The sliding door to the bathroom features a mirror.

The showers now feature sliding glass doors.

The new resort toiletries have been rolled out at Pop Century.

So far, just one building (number 8) at the resort has been completely changed over to these new style rooms, but they are moving from building to building very quickly to remodel all of the resort rooms to this new style.

So, what do you think of this new style room for Disney’s Pop Century Resort.

Edmund
Edmund

24×7 Avatar. A clever way to get the movie back into the consciousness of the guest.

Na'hi from the 80's
Na'hi from the 80's
Reply to  Edmund

If the channel plays Avatar all the time, it would only be in like 3 times a day.

Na'vi from the 80's
Na'vi from the 80's

Also I hate auto correct

Amanda
Amanda

I stayed at the pop century last month and my sisters and I loved it for the location and how kid friendly it was (we had my niece with us). However, I did notice that the rooms needed either a serious deep clean or a remodel. So I’m glad that this is why there was construction going on at the resort. The new rooms look perfect and I can’t wait to stay here again next year and enjoy the much cleaner, updated, room.

Cheryl
Cheryl

Love them!!! Best design Disney has done in awhile!!

Ben
Ben

Love these new rooms! My only negative comment is the sliding glass door for the shower. I can’t tell how see-thru they are from the pictures. Sometimes people need to use the toilet while someone else is in the shower. In the group that I travel with, that could be awkward.

HollyC
HollyC

We’ve stayed at Pop for most of our visits. I’m most excited about the NO carpet. So much cleaner!! It also looks like there will be a ton more storage too. Great Job Disney!

Michael Greiner
Michael Greiner

Love the Spaceballs reference… these look very similar to the remodeled rooms at Coronado, with the main difference being the fold down bed.

Matt
Matt

Prepare ship for Ludicrous speed!

Barf
Barf
Reply to  Matt

They’ve gone plaid!

Jenne
Jenne

I have stayed at POP in the past and was not impressed. I love the redesign – enough that I might actually go back!

Minnie
Minnie

Lots of wood on foot level which means it will be chipped soon. Also the little desk/murphy bed will look terrible on the outside after a few months of use.

I love the Pluto headboard though.

Bocephus
Bocephus
Reply to  Minnie

Nope. It’s not wood. It’s an easily replaceable laminate flooring. Also the same beds are used at AoA and do not show the wear you seem to think they will.

Heather E Davis
Heather E Davis

The bathrooms look nicer, although glass doors on a shower are notoriously hard to keep clean. Otherwise, I hate it. I will never stay in a room with hard floors! They show dirt worse than carpet does, they are cold, uncomfortable for bare feet, and not very nice if you have a baby or toddler that needs to move about on the floor. Also, that bed configuration is definitely not two queens. The regular bed is a queen, the Murphy bed is a full. To me, it makes it look and feel like the room is really crowded and small.… Read more »

Cindy Loving
Cindy Loving

Regarding the laminate floor versus carpet, carpet may look cleaner but having walked on carpeted hotel room floors (not at Disney however) in my socks, I can tell you those carpets aren’t as clean as they look and I’m thankful that I didn’t walk barefoot on that carpet. Whereas you can easily see dirt on a laminate floor and so can the cleaning staff, so they will be able to keep it cleaner.

LizzyB
LizzyB

Carpeting is filthy, it traps dirt, bacteria and odors. I’ll take the visible surface dust on hard flooring over the multitude of bodily fluids trapped in a carpet any day. If you’re putting a baby on the floor of a hotel whether the flooring is hard or carpet, you should be putting down a blanket or towel first. And your issue with walking around can be fixed with a pair of socks. This is a value resort, I think it should be pretty obvious that the rooms will be smaller than a moderate or deluxe, that’s why you pay less… Read more »

Joey
Joey

As someone who just stayed in one of the refurb rooms, I can say with certainty: You don’t know what you are talking about.

Both beds are queens.

Jeff
Jeff

Laminate is significantly cleaner and more hypo-allergenic than carpet. I recently updated my home from carpet to laminate and it was one of the best decisions I have made regarding my home construction for my 2 young children (a toddler & an infant).

Danielle
Danielle

The beds in old rooms are doubles, not twins.

Chris
Chris

Its nice but seems very sterile. It needs more decoration like before to make it more Pop Century. The resort is known for its distinction for each decade so I hope they add more to it. I love the storage and the new look of the bathrooms it will def give families more room to spread out.

Zane
Zane
Reply to  Tom Corless

Lololol ????????????

Jeff
Jeff
Reply to  Chris

It’s just really, reeeeeeeally bland and In-laws looking with all the white and beige. It’s a surprisingly good redesign but since anything colored has all but disappeared I wish the beds still had the colored throw/scarf.

Janet
Janet

I don’t see a hair dryer. Is there one?

Sven
Sven

Looks like Ikea made a fortune off the redesign.

Matthew Berman
Matthew Berman

Do they have the same bed sheets with the different years on them?

Tom F. Wilson
Tom F. Wilson
Reply to  Tom Corless

Decades?

Ann
Ann

No more shampoo in the bottles with Mickey ears on top??????? Everything else I’m ok with!

Joey
Joey
Reply to  Ann

Pop hasn’t had those bottles in years. When was the last time you were there?

Jen
Jen
Reply to  Joey

I was there last summer and the Mickey ear bottles were there.

Vicki
Vicki
Reply to  Joey

They had them when I was just there twice last year, once in June & once in September.

nicole
nicole
Reply to  Joey

we were there in may/June of 2016 and they had those bottles, i brought some home, so it definitely hasn’t been years since they had those!

Diane
Diane
Reply to  Ann

I miss the Mickey bathroom products at all the hotels. Last time I stayed at a value resort, quite some time ago, the products were in a dispenser on the shower wall so this looks like a very nice upgrade. I’m a DVC member and these are the same products that were in my Saratoga Srings Resort bathroom just a few days ago.

Janice
Janice

WOW! Very nice! I am glad that there is flooring instead of carpet. I noticed in the All Star resorts that their carpet has Mickey Mouse outline shapes in black that are fading in the heavy traffic areas.

Renee
Renee

What about if you wanted the king sized bed option are you stuck with 2 doubles now ?

Joey
Joey
Reply to  Tom Corless

Uh, no. There is a king only option still available. Or at least there will be when the refurb is done.

Janet
Janet

I stayed at Pop in Dec 2016 and I actually like the flooring instead of the carpet also. It’s a lot cleaner and who know’s what’s on the carpets between food, drinks and whatever. I would definitely stay there again.

Cathy
Cathy

Love the new design. So happy to see the carpet gone..

Barb & Gord Roberts
Barb & Gord Roberts

We have stayed at Pop in the past. We will miss all the “Mickey ” touches in the room. Aside from above the beds there is nothing special that says ‘OMG we are in a Disney hotel”. The floors look like they might be a little slippery under wet little feet although they do look nice. I see that the shelf that holds the coffee maker looks to have room for a toaster … hint Good on Disney for trying to keep things current but we feel for the housekeepers who only have a limited time to clean a room.… Read more »