BREAKING: Dogs Welcome at Select Walt Disney World Hotels for a Fee Beginning October 15th

Beginning this Sunday, October 15th, for the first time ever, the Walt Disney World Resort will welcome guests – and their dogs – to four of its resort hotels.

Four Walt Disney World resort hotels have been designated dog friendly. Each property’s per night/per room pet-cleaning rate is:

• Disney’s Art of Animation Resort $50/night
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort $50/night
  • Disney’s Yacht Club Resort $75/night
  • Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort $50/night

A maximum of two dogs per guest room can be accommodated. Each guest room will have easy access to outdoor pet walkways for exercise and green spaces with pet relief areas.

Dog lovers will find plenty of Disney amenities and special touches for their four-legged friends.

• At check-in, Pluto’s Welcome Kit includes mat, bowls, a pet ID tag, courtesy plastic disposable bags, puppy pads and dog walking maps. Also included: a Pluto “Do Not Disturb” door hanger indicating to hotel staff that a pet is in the room.
  • Disney enjoys a partnership with Best Friends Pet Care, an on-property full-service facility that can provide assistance with pet daycare and other pet services (fees apply).
  • Pet merchandise is coming soon to participating resorts.

While dogs will be allowed to stay in guest rooms, they will be expected to be well behaved, leashed in public resort areas and properly vaccinated. For more information about the new dog-friendly trial program, including other restrictions and policies, guests may contact 407-W-DISNEY. DVC Members should contact Member Services at 800-800-9800.

Edie
Edie

And if you have allergies, can you stay in a dog free zone? This is a bad idea.

LeavePetsAtHome
LeavePetsAtHome

Now I know what hotels I will never stay at. Last thing I need is to be in a room next to a dog that is cooped up in a hotel room while his inconsiderate owners are at the parks from open to close.

Amber
Amber

Leave pets at home? Unattended or cooped up at boarding?

John
John

This is revolutionary, can’t wait yo bring my best bud down with me on my next trip!

Ursula
Ursula

This is wonderful news!!

Rickey
Reply to  Ursula

No way. I stay all the time. I used to love Riverside, never again. Bad move from a annual pass Holder.

Kristina Erismann
Kristina Erismann
Reply to  Ursula

No wonder why you are called Ursula! Some people need their pets for medical reasons so if you have a problem with that than go elsewhere!!!

Kelly
Kelly

Bad Bad Bad idea. People will not abide by the rules, dogs will make a mess. The folks will not want to leave their dogs in rooms all alone and the parks will be overrun with so called “Therapy Dogs”.

Johnny
Johnny
Reply to  Kelly

or better yet, you will hear them dogs bark and howl while the owners are in the park. And, why would you bring a dog to WDW anyway?

Holly
Holly

I think this is a horrible idea. I do not want to sleep in a room where dogs have been allowed–I have allergies (this is my top reason) but I have many other reason why I don’t like this.

Monkeypoopants
Monkeypoopants

Gotta grab that cash!

TypicalWDWNTCommenter
TypicalWDWNTCommenter
Reply to  Monkeypoopants

Shameless money grab…Walt rollin’ in his grave…I hate completely optional fees…etc. etc.

Disney Pete
Disney Pete

And you’re right. Proving, once again, that broken clock can be right!

Kristina Erismann
Kristina Erismann

He’s rolling in his grave because of what you are saying. People bring their pets for medical reasons and as long as they have a medical note no one should have a problem with that!

Nicole
Nicole

Horrible idea. What about the people with dog allergies? Have you ever been in a hotel where they allow dogs? It’s disgusting and smells horribly. Plus, the dog hair is hard to remove once it’s in the carpet and air vents.

Chris
Chris

Wow. So now there will be FOUR Flea Bag Motels on Disney Property and one of them is a Deluxe.

Keith
Keith

Ridiculous…Disney World WAS one of the few resorts free of these narcissists. At least they identified which hotels we should avoid.

Veronica Shine

What is wrong with the Disney kennel? Owners can visit their dog any time. The service and employees at Best Friends Pet Care are wonderful and true animal lovers. A pet will never have such love away from the family and still be close by. Unless they designate a wing at the resort that is exclusive as pet friendly rooms and have a separate entrance and exit, it is a bad idea. Disney mentions that the dog must be “well behaved” but honestly, what guest will say that Fido isn’t the best of the best? And what if a dog… Read more »

Disney Pete
Disney Pete
Reply to  Veronica Shine

Your website made my eyes bleed.

Disney Pete
Disney Pete
Reply to  Veronica Shine

I tell you what’s wrong with Disney Kennels: Disney cannot get more cash from people wanting to bring dogs into their premises. They need the cash.

Disney Pete
Disney Pete
Reply to  Disney Pete

But not as much as I do. I mean honestly, why would I rage so much at Disney if I wasn’t just bitter that I can’t afford anything they offer? Maybe I should get a job, but every time I interview I have to tell them about my registers offender status. They don’t seem to like that. Oh well back to eating dog food outside of the 7-11

Disney Pete
Disney Pete
Reply to  Disney Pete

Aw, little J. Your last attempt at impersonating me has me a bit concerned about you, little J. The fact that everybody is against your unhealthy defense of Disney’s money grabbing ways has made your projection a bit more evident, which makes me worry about your mental health more than usual. Is your mommy again neglecting you more than usual? Is the only reason I can come up with for you being so hostile & defensive towards the people here. Your defensiveness towards the comments of the people on this subject emphasizes your feelings of protectiveness & denial towards the… Read more »

Allergic to dogs
Allergic to dogs

Horrible idea. I’m allergic to dogs. Simple vacuuming does not rid the carpets, rooms, or bedspreads of pet dander. I’d rather not suffer from anaphylaxis on my vacation.

Kristina Erismann
Kristina Erismann

If you are supposedly allergic to animals than take some allergy medication. You know they do sell it over the counter now. But being allergic to animals or dogs is just a way of you complaining which I wouldn’t doubt you probably are a cronic one.

J
J

If you supposedly need an emotional support pet to go to a place that’s supposedly relaxing like a theme park resort, it means you should stay home being emotionally supported by your pet there.

Kristina Erismann
Kristina Erismann
Reply to  J

Hope you don’t have a sibling die suddenly with your child in the vehicle her heart burst. So god help you may you never have to suffer such pain or loose someone so close too you a brother maybe a sister even a pet. Im not ebding my life because of a disability I have the right just like anyone else to enjoy what I have left. Have a wonderful night with your self absorbed being

Yvonne
Yvonne

Not at all happy to hear this. Hopefully the trial period for this will be bad enough that they don’t continue with it.

Billy

Well, I can cross those resorts off my list! Egads, the magical poop sidewalks. Egads.

Lainie
Lainie

I love my dog yet she has no place at a Disney resort. I prefer to kennel her close to home or at the Disney kennel. Being on the go all day isn’t fair to my dog or fellow guests she may disturb in my absence. While I miss her terribly when I’m away from her, taking a vacation from poop scooping is kind of nice too.

Melissa D Brown
Melissa D Brown

Why the short notice? I’m staying at AOA in December and couldn’t change to a petfree resort if I wanted to. I HATE the smell of dogs. Hopefully not many people in the next two months take advantage of the offer.

Fido
Fido

No DVC resorts? SoPluto isn’t “welcome home”?

Mike
Mike

4 resorts I won’t be going back to.

Mike H
Mike H

Stop whining. Damn! If you don’t like it, don’t stay in those hotels. And I’m sure you’ll be able to request a room that hasn’t had dogs in it before. It’s only 3 hotels and Fort Wilderness. Calm down people.

Jody
Jody
Reply to  Mike H

Sorry, I’m not going to shut up for you. This is new policy will be temporary.

Kelly
Kelly
Reply to  Mike H

Thank you Mike! Lots of hotels allow dogs, and you never knew they were there. Those of us that travel with our fur babies part extra fees for these accommodations. And there is no way of knowing if the room you are staying in had a service dog in it. They are legal everywhere! Get a grip people. Stay at a different resort!!!

George M
George M

Guess we will never stay a these resorts again! We love animals but this is not the place for them. Are the people bringing their dogs going to leave the room early in the morning and not come back til late at night?
It’s bad enough that you have inconsiderate people making noise at all hours of the night, now you are going to add dogs to it!