Disney World to Extend 60-Day Advance FastPass+ Booking to Guests at Select Non-Disney Hotels

While Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Guests (and those at the Swan and Dolphin) have been able to book FastPass + reservations for 60 days prior to their visit, it now seems that Disney will roll-out the same benefit to multiple Walt Disney World Good Neighbor Hotels, including those on Hotel Plaza Boulevard near Disney Springs.

Holiday Inn on Hotel Plaza Boulevard, a Disney Springs Resort Area Hotel
Holiday Inn on Hotel Plaza Boulevard, a Disney Springs Resort Area Hotel

While a complete list is not available as of yet, we know that these non-Disney hotels will be able to offer their guests the 60-day FastPass booking window sometime before the end of 2017. These bookings will still be done through the MyDisneyExperience app, the same way other resort guests make the advance FastPass+ reservations.

We expect every hotel in the Disney Springs Resort Area on Hotel Plaza Boulevard to be included, but there should also be additional Good Neighbor Hotels on the list when announced by Disney.

Walt Disney World Annual Passholders and all other guests with linked tickets receive a 30-day booking window currently.

M
M

Great! More competition for popular FPs and no advantage to resort guests. What a ridiculous and stupid idea.

jim
jim
Reply to  M

I actually like it since I use my Marriott points to stay off property. I can see how many, like me, who have hotel points they need to use to stay within their travel budget, would benefit. The old FP system was better – I think they do away with advance FP all together. It would reward those of us who get up early and get into the park at rope drop every day. It also penalizes people who decide to go to the park without months of advanced planning – the death of spontaneity.

Melissa
Melissa
Reply to  jim

you could use your Marriott points to stay at the Swan & Dolphin.

Catherine
Catherine
Reply to  jim

There are folks who can’t (for a variety of reasons, including disabilities) or choose not to, get to parks at rope drop in order to get FastPasses. I see advantages and disadvantages to both systems. I am, however, frustrated that guests who stay in Non-Disney Resorxt will have the same advantage as those staying at Disney Resorts. What’s next? Disney Dining Plan for folks who are not Disney World Resort guests? Already struggle to get my preferred ADRs.

William Dwight Stewart Jr
William Dwight Stewart Jr
Reply to  M

Hello ” M ” , Let me say it like this . In September 2016 , My Family and I went to Walt Disney World for My 38th Birthday and My 5th Visit ever and we were day guests this time because we stood at a villa at Westgate Lakes Resort and Spa but there is one thing that I discovered after it was way too late for me to and we got back home from My 38th Birthday at Disney . Excuse me . The ” competition for popular FPs and no advantage to resort guests ” was actually… Read more »

Denise
Denise

It isn’t fake news. Disney Resort guests can book FPs 60 days in advance, non Disney Resort guests can book 30 days in advance. Please do a little homework before being so rude. Have a magical day. :)

sue graham
sue graham

The perks of paying a premium to stay onsite are slowly getting diminished! Bad move WDW.

Lauren W.
Lauren W.
Reply to  sue graham

I agree. Why pay more to stay onsite if the perks are spread more thin? Now there will be even more competition for FP.

frances norton
frances norton
Reply to  sue graham

I agree

BEN
BEN

Why wouldn’t they do a 45 day window? Win-win that way.

L.C.
L.C.
Reply to  BEN

I agree, it still gives a slight advantage to those forking out the big bucks to stay onsite. And this is coming from someone who never stays onsite (we always rent a house for our large family)!

Wendy Mealing
Wendy Mealing
Reply to  BEN

Prefect idea!

SJames
SJames
Reply to  BEN

I agree with a graded system:
60 days staying at a Disney resort
45 days “on site” hotel AND AP holders
30 days every body else

I would also consider purchasing an “upgrade” to my DVC AP if it included unlimited FP AND Express Transport again, which saved tremendous amounts of time park hopping.

Takeshi
Takeshi
Reply to  SJames

No kidding. Express Transpo was the best. I wonder why they discontinued it? If it was because it wasn’t used enough, that’s mostly on Disney — there was little to no advertising. I’d gladly have paid twice (maybe more) to keep using it.

laura
laura
Reply to  BEN

i was able to make FPs this morning for my extended family staying at the Hilton Disney Springs – 3 weeks before our 30 day window!

Mrs. Hower
Mrs. Hower
Reply to  BEN

Excellent idea! I’ve also hated that AP (not one) only get 30=to off-site (now worse than) guests? ! No

Julie
Julie

Not happy with this, first the “dogs staying in resorts” now the FP. what exactly is the incentive of paying a very high premium to stay onsite now Disney? it can cost a couple of thousand £ to stay onsite, and why would we pay that now. really bad move Disney, :( :( :(

Et
Et
Reply to  Julie

People love their dogs. My daughter cried every night for her little shih tzu every trip to dsiney when she was little.

Tim
Tim

This seems like a step backwards, not forward. If anything they should be reducing the # of guests that can have advanced bookings.

Nikki
Nikki
Reply to  Tim

This is horrible and a reduction of benefits for paying premium onsite prices.

Nicole
Nicole
Reply to  Tim

I totally agree!

Nichole
Nichole
Reply to  Nicole

Ditto!

Miranda
Miranda

Shades of green be included?…

Michelle
Michelle
Reply to  Miranda

Probably not due to it being military. I hope they are included though.

Marie
Marie
Reply to  Michelle

Agreed!

Nicole
Nicole

Really, Disney? No perks for staying on property anymore. I am so disappointed. You should be finding ways to cater to people loyal enough to stay at one of your resorts not extend the benefits to everyone else. In my opinion, only people staying on property should have the benefit of fast pass. If not, Disney should consider allowing on-property guests unlimited fast passes even if a small fee is involved. It is becoming impossible to ride things with all the wait times, lack of fast passes, massive crowds. You are killing the magic!

Momof3
Momof3
Reply to  Nicole

Absolutely killing the magic!!!!!!!

Burt C
Burt C
Reply to  Nicole

Agree 100% will be going right to guest services if we are unable to book new attractions during our stay.we come down from massachusetts 3 times a year. There are plenty of otheraccomadations available in area.

Jess
Jess
Reply to  Burt C

Taking my first trip to Disney in December and staying on site, so I’m very disappointed to hear this news. Can guest services help if you’re unable to get the attractions you wanted?

Takeshi
Takeshi
Reply to  Nicole

We will absolutely keep staying onsite so long as the Free Dining promotion continues. During our May-June trip, though…it may be time to start staying someone else. Disney isn’t going to listen to anything but dollars, after all.

Off Property is Bae
Off Property is Bae

This is wonderful news!!

Disney attic
Disney attic

No it is awful news

On Property is Bae
On Property is Bae
Reply to  Disney attic

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I agree with the attic!

Janet MacFarlane
Janet MacFarlane

Might just as well as stay of site…save lots of money…many include breakfast and still get perks!!

H
H

Why should I stay on property? Why should I be a dvc member? Why should my family have annual passes? These are all questions I’m asking myself as we are receiving less and less benifits as hotel guests, ap holders, and dvc members. So disappointed, wdw is just another park, another business…been going their since 2002….the recent changes are very disappointing and have me rethinking where my family and I spend our vacation dollars and time.

Momof3
Momof3
Reply to  H

Agree – starting to not make me want to go anymore and I’m a DVC member, too! Enough, Disney!!!

Kids of Momof3
Kids of Momof3
Reply to  Momof3

Nooooo!!!! There’s never enough Disney!!!!

scott lee-ross
scott lee-ross
Reply to  H

right, cuz the whole experience of visiting Disney is now torture. There are no perks for me to stay there. I want to be able to book my fast passes before everyone else. my ap doesnt do anything but let me into the stupid parks, the Extra Magic hours are too late or early for me to actually attend, and the DVC rooms are going downhill. Rumour has it that they are taking a full bedroom off of all the rooms and the 2 bedrooms will only have one bedroom and the one-bedrooms will only be a studio.

Robo Chapek
Robo Chapek
Reply to  scott lee-ross

Confirmed

DVC Member
DVC Member
Reply to  H

I just contacted DVC Member Services and here’s the response I received when I asked if this rumor is true:

“This booking process is not true and we are not offering this perk to any Day Guests. The information that is out there is from a non-Disney website.”

The fact that this rumor comes from a non-Disney source is something to keep in mind.

James
James

This suck!!! This is why we pay the higher rates for this one benefit!!!!

scott lee-ross
scott lee-ross
Reply to  James

because the higher rates dont give you a themed hotel room, walking distance from some parks to some resorts and extra magic hours to enjoy the parks

J
J
Reply to  scott lee-ross

Is this how Disney interns post around here these days?

Jess
Jess

Why am I seeing ads to stay on property to get this benefit if I no longer have to stay on property to get this benefit? I literally just saw an ad saying this last night…???

Meredith M
Meredith M
Reply to  Jess

This is not an official announcement made by Disney, and as of right now, it is not in effect. Like most blogs, the rumor is being posted before an official announcement. It’s like the regular media, wanting to be the first with a story without waiting for all the facts

Julie
Julie
Reply to  Meredith M

so is there a chance this might not happen, been going for the last 8 years staying onsite and all Disney seems to be doing now is not really giving their customers the exclusive things they pay for. we go in May and hoping it will not be in effect before we can book

Jan king
Jan king
Reply to  Meredith M

Sort of like floating a balloon and seeing where it will land. Testing the market acceptance barometer

Yosamighty
Yosamighty
Reply to  Meredith M

Well, it is happening. People staying at these certain off-site hotels confirmed they’ve already started booking FPs 60 days in advance on MDE. Just in time for Christmas, won’t that be fun? O.o

Burt C
Burt C
Reply to  Jess

Agreed we are staying 8 nights in December into January. We come down 3 times a year, and will be exploring other resorts in the area.

scott lee-ross
scott lee-ross
Reply to  Jess

Wait, there is a commerecial that says stay on property so you can get your fastpass+ before everyone else. Cool. Jess can you link to this commercial or is it just on TV this weekend?

Linda
Linda

Not fair for us annual pass holders that live here and can only do 30 day out fast passes.

Brian
Brian
Reply to  Linda

Unfortunately Disney signaled their lack of regard for AP holders a long time ago. It’s one of the reasons we dropped ours.

LocalAPHolder
LocalAPHolder
Reply to  Linda

I agree. There should be an annual pass level above Platinum Plus. I’d gladly pay extra for a 60 day window.

Laura
Laura
Reply to  Linda

i heard thru a grapevine that AP holders may soon have 60 day FP windows

John
John

Well, the Hotel Plaza Blvd. hotels are located within WDW resort… so technically, not off site. As long as the expansion stays within the resort, then it probably won’t have much of an effect on FP.

Jeanne Pallanto
Jeanne Pallanto

I can’t get a fast pass now to certain rides imagine when it opens up to area hotel wow ????

Burt C
Burt C

Not happy with this at all I’m spending 2400$ for Adweek on property. Now your telling me non resort guests get the same perks .Why stay on property, there are nicer resorts at better prices
My children are older now so staying off property is a real option.

Julie
Julie
Reply to  Burt C

I know we are paying £4.5k for 2 for our holiday to stay onsite and we do for the perks like FP free bus etc but if we keep losing our perks then will seriously have to re-think Disney, and they have put their prices up so much the last couple of years. The Disney magic for me is really disappearing fast

Denni
Denni
Reply to  Julie

what other perks did we lose besides this rumor about FP+?

Chris
Chris

They best be planning to announce some new fast pass advantage for on site guests. Or as Winifred says in Hocus Pocus…There Will Be HECK, To Pay!

Chris Pratt

Great idea assuming that resort guests can book 90 days in advance. Otherwise why and I paying the extra money to stay on a Disney Property. That 60 day advantage is a Major consideration. Magic express in not enough of a reason.

Lesley
Lesley

My family and I have stayed on disney resorts for numerous years to gain the perks (magic hours, fp+). But like all big business they want more – this time at the cost of loyal customers. Shame on you Disney.

R
R

This would be a bad idea. One of the reasons I and most people book on-site is the ability to book fast passes 60 days out. Doing this would bring your resort sales down drastically.