In an interesting new survey, Walt Disney World is asking guests about their interest in some interactive features that could be added to their Disney Resort room to make the experience more immersive.
In the survey, Disney asks for feedback on some possible new features such as:
- A welcome sequence where curtains will open, lights turn on slowly, music plays, and a custom welcome message with your FastPass+ plans for the day appears on the TV.
- A brief animated video featuring a character of your choice welcoming you to the resort, playing on a screen themed to look like a picture frame.
- Immersive on-demand movies with choices based on your FastPass+ reservations. Color-changing light bulbs and a star projector would be used to create an experience themed to each movie.
- Live feed of nighttime spectaculars, bringing live video feeds of the park nighttime spectaculars synchronized to the show’s music to your resort TV.
- Your PhotoPass pictures from the day displayed on your resort TV.
As always with a survey, some of this may never happen, but it is also just as possible that some of these features will be added to resort room experiences at Walt Disney World in the not-too-distant future.
What do you think? Would you enjoy any of these features?
Thanks to reader Dan for the photo above!