BREAKING: Walt Disney World Will Begin Charging Resort Guests for Overnight Parking

Disney is expected to soon announce that their resort hotels will be charging guests for overnight vehicle parking.

Guests bringing a car to Walt Disney World may rethink their plans when they have to pay for overnight parking at a Disney hotel.

The new policy would require guests to pay for overnight parking, per night, at all of the Disney owned resort hotels at the Walt Disney World Resort. Disney Vacation Club guests staying using their points would not have to pay for parking as part of a new membership perk.

Prices have not yet been revealed for the overnight parking, but it will depend on the type of resort (value, moderate, and deluxe will all have different pricing). A start date has also yet to be announced.

Valet parking prices at resorts will also be raised as part of these changes. These changes will not affect guests visiting resorts for dining, shopping, or otherwise. The paid parking is only for vehicles staying at the resorts overnight.

Sofia
Sofia

Honestly again I hate I really hate to say anything negative about Disney World but COME ON!!!! This is one more reason not to stay on sight. Very upsetting to say the least. Very! I don’t care if it’s only $1.00.Even though I know it will be more. It’s a shame. Shame shame shame. Stop stripping are magic away

SCOTT LEE ROSS
SCOTT LEE ROSS
Reply to  Sofia

I am sorry, but why do guests feel entitled to free parking? Stay at a hotel in any other major vacation destination and try to find free parking. To those who feel that the prices are too high, I can only ask this: IF they are too high, why are there no rooms available. I just did a search for a room this weekend. The only value is Pop Century. There are a few moderate rooms in just a couple of categories. Basically, almost everything is full. Supply and Demand dictate that prices should go up. By raising ancillary fees… Read more »

Tina Miller Silverman
Tina Miller Silverman
Reply to  SCOTT LEE ROSS

I guess because they cahrge such high prices for the parks, amenities, etc, you would like to think that they could include parking in the price. Has the hotel been renovated that many times in the last 40 years. I doubt it. I would avoid any hotel in FL that charges for parking, the land is cheap.

J
J
1 year ago
Reply to  SCOTT LEE ROSS

Only those who believe ignorance is bliss partake in Disney nonsense. A multi billion dollar corporation charges for parking and there are actually some who defend them … That makes me laugh as seeing conditioned people is why our country is the way it is. Disney IS one of the major corporation issues in our corporate rule. Keep feeding them with implied consent and they will never stop.

Disney Doof

Man, I can’t park for free at the Beach Club anymore and walk to Epcot.????

Leah
Leah
1 year ago
Reply to  Disney Doof

You’re probably one of the reasons its changing.

Michael
Michael

Glad I have DVC!

Glenn
Glenn
Reply to  Michael

At one time DVC members got fee valet at DVC properties.

I wouldn’t count on this perk lasting very long.

Chuck
Chuck

Wonder if they will make an exception for the campgrounds? Parking is the entire point of the resort.

Greg
Greg

What a crappy idea. What’s next? Charging resort guests for parking at the park themselves? Hopefully some people start changing their minds about staying at the resorts, and that will send Disney a message. Stop raising the cost of taking a Disney vacation twice as fast as inflation. More and more folks are going to be priced out, or just choose vacation options that don’t double in price every 10 years it seems.

Matt
Matt

Tacky. Another cash grab that reeks of mediocrity while trying to trap people on property who don’t want to waste money on parking. Glad I have a DVC.

Keith
Keith

Well, this will be the straw that breaks the camel’s back. We have visited on many occasions, and always stay onsite. We fly from Canada and sometimes we rent a car at the airport, and sometimes we use the Disney bus (and in those cases we might rent a car for a few days to allow us to see some attractions and do some shopping outside Disney). Disney World is expensive enough and to have to pay for parking is a money grab from people already paying a premium to stay onsite. We are planning a trip in August, but… Read more »

Abe Martin
Abe Martin

So, no reported break for annual pass holders? Will they now get free parking at the parks… but now have to pay to park at night if they stay on-site?

Robbins
Robbins

Im sorry, but that’s crap!

Captain Sarcasm
Captain Sarcasm

This is going to go over well and there will be absolutely no complaints about this.

Ed Joshlyn
Ed Joshlyn

I can understand the reasoning behind this, having stayed at an All Star resort before, but I think other avenues of deterrence should be pursued. It is already expensive enough and with yearly price hikes this seems a bit excessive. If they truly want to incentivize quest to not drive Disney should offer a discounted rate on rooms or tickets for those that choose to not drive.

Victoria McFadden
Victoria McFadden
Reply to  Ed Joshlyn

Why does Disney care if you drive? Not being sarcastic. I really don’t understand this.

Jason
Jason

Agreed. They have to provide the parking spots regardless based on zoning and building code regulations. To discourage guests from using their own vehicles forces them to use Disney transport which costs Disney money. Seems dumb all around.

Greg
Greg

My guess would be to reduce the likelihood that guests would leave property to visit other attractions or buy cheaper food.

EB
EB
Reply to  Greg

bingo

Brian
Brian

Ridiculous. I would love to have been in the room when the person thought this up.

What’s next. Resort fee and housekeeping fee?

Patrick
Patrick
Reply to  Brian

Next two things we’ll see is

1. Resort guests will also have to pay to park at the theme parks.

2. Pay for play FastPasses

Disney can charge whatever they want for tickets/services/goods and the parks will still be packed and the hotels full.

It’s disheartening but pure economics.

Cheryl
Cheryl
Reply to  Brian

I am with you Brian! Another fee on an already expensive trip is Ridiculous!!! What is next? Paying to use the restrooms!

Charles
Charles
Reply to  Brian

There already are both of those and a room discount if you choose not to have housekeeping!

DJ
DJ
Reply to  Brian

Yep.

Kalen
Kalen
Reply to  Brian

Brian you say that in jest but I would venture to say within the year. Probably sooner.

Ian
Ian

I see DVC members getting free parking as a perk here, but no mention of APs. I guess we will have to wait to find out the whole story when they announce this…

Amy
Amy

I love Disney, but, come on! They just keep raising the prices for everything. Rooms, park tickets…now this. I said it after our last trip there in 2016- corporate greed seems to be taking over the magic of it all. I have to believe that Walt wouldn’t be thrilled with these changes.

Mark McLawhorn
Mark McLawhorn

That’s bull crap! You already charge an arm and a leg to stay at the resorts, now you wanna charge us to park there as well?!

Enuff
Enuff

THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND!!

Sandra
Sandra

How very sad. They are taking the Magic out of Disney.

Terryl Bowen
Terryl Bowen

This is not good. The Disney resorts are already at the higher end of most budgets. With this price increase, I may have stayed my last night in a Disney hotel.

Get Real
Get Real

Guess everyone here forgot that almost every other hotel already does this. Including all of the hotels at Universal Orlando. But everyone feels Disney has to have some sort of altruistic nature and forget they are a for-profit company.

Sevenever
Sevenever
Reply to  Get Real

How altruistic are the already-maxed-out charges for everything from tickets to food to rooms? And the continuous addition of up-charge hard-ticketed events like parties, which exclude paying guests from evening experiences? I’d say the cost of upkeep on flat asphalt surfaces is probably already covered by all the rest of the charges, or should be.

Geri
Geri
Reply to  Get Real

Not every…and by not staying sends a message…..it’s the straw that breaks the camels back as the saying goes …I won’t stay there anymore..it’s the principal of greed has no end

Rich
Rich

Probably wishful thinking but any idea if fee for parking at resort you are staying at would carry over to theme park parking lots? If paying the parking fee anyway would be nice to then just be able to drive around property without additional parking fees.

CeCi B
CeCi B
Reply to  Rich

As of now, if you stay at a Disney Resort, you don’t pay for parking at the Parks so I am guessing it will be the same here…

Matthew
Matthew
Reply to  Rich

Resort Guests don’t pay for theme park lots already, as a perk of staying on property.

Steve
Steve
Reply to  Rich

Parking at the theme park parking lots is free to onsite guests. So there’s no need to carry over the fee.

Amanda
Amanda
Reply to  Rich

On site guests already get free parking at the theme parks. :)

DisneyFanMatt
DisneyFanMatt
Reply to  Rich

Resort guests already get free parking at the theme parks…I haven’t heard any rumors of this changing…

Shannon
Shannon
Reply to  Rich

Previously those staying at the hotels didn’t have to pay for parking at the parks. It was included in the room price. I would assume they aren’t going to double dunk this new fee.

Chris
Chris
Reply to  Rich

You can already park for free at the parks if you are staying at a resort, or at least you could on our last trip last summer.

Jodi Jefferies
Jodi Jefferies
Reply to  Rich

You already get free parking at all the parks if you are staying at a resort.