Welcome to an Outdoor Kitchen review for the 2018 International Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot. This review will focus on The Berry Basket Outdoor Kitchen. The Berry Basket is located on the World Showcase Promenade walking towards Mexico.
The Berry Basket
- Lamb chop with Quinoa Salad and Blackberry Gastrique $7.25
- Field Greens with fresh Strawberries, Crisp Quinoa, Strawberry Vinaigrette and Spiced Pecans (V) $5.00
- Warm Wild Berry Buckle with Pepper Berry Gelato (V) $4.50
- JDub’s Brewing Company Blueberry IPA, Sarasota, FL $4.25
- Island Grove Blueberry Moscato, Hawthorne, FL $6.00
- Twinings® Green Tea Berry Mint Julep $8.75
- Twinings Green Tea Berry Mint Julep (Non-alcoholic) $4.25
Lamb Chop with Quinoa Salad and Blackberry Gastrique – $7.25
The piece of lamb chop we received was relatively fatty and rough. Plentiful quinoa below was mixed with peppers and onions making for a few flavorful bites with the blackberry sauce. Overall, it’s a dish that relies on having a good piece of lamb, which is very possible. Stake out what’s being served before putting the money up.
Field Greens with fresh Strawberries, Crisp Quinoa, Strawberry Vinaigrette and Spiced Pecans (V) – $5.00
The vinaigrette was a nice touch on the large salad. The quinoa was really unnecessary, as it didn’t add anything special to the dish. It’s a well-rounded salad and a stellar value at $5.00.
Warm Wild Berry Buckle with Pepper Berry Gelato (V) – $4.50
This dish continues to impress. In the past two years of Flower & Garden, we’ve been graced with the presence of the Berry Buckle and 2018 is no exception. It’s a warm cake base with gooey berries topped with ice cold gelato. Everything combines together to make one of the most compelling reasons to visit Epcot for the festival.
JDub’s Brewing Company Blueberry IPA, Sarasota, FL – $4.25
While a solid IPA, we didn’t catch any blueberry flavor. It’s refreshing when paired with the other booth items but by itself, it seemed basic. It’s worth the purchase to try beer.