Welcome to an Outdoor Kitchen review for the 2018 International Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot. This review will focus on Florida Fresh outdoor kitchen. Florida Fresh is located between Morocco and France.
- Carne Guisada with Black Bean Cake and Cilantro Lime Sour Cream $6.50
- Spicy Blackened Shrimp and Stone-ground Cheddar Cheese Grits with Brown Gravy and Local Sweet Corn Relish $6.75
- Key Lime Tart with Toasted Meringue $4.50
- Florida Orange Groves Winery Key Lime Sparkling Wine, St Petersburg, FL $11.75
- Tampa Bay Brewing Company Quat Seasonal Fruit Ale $4.25
- Big Top Brewing Company Conch Republic Key Lime Wheat, Sarasota, FL $4.25
- First Magnitude Brewing Co. Monarch Milk Stout, Gainesville, FL $4.25
- Watermelon Cucumber Slushy with Tamiami Florida Gin $11.75
- Watermelon Cucumber Slushy (Non-alcoholic) $4.25
- Beer Flight $9.50
Carne Guisada with Black Bean Cake and Cilantro Lime Sour Cream – $6.50
Tender meat with a nice kick that’s evened out by the cilantro lime sour cream. The tomatoes and black bean cake round out the dish bringing a freshness and flavor profile we expect from Miami. It’s a very nice contrast to the other items available at the booth, you won’t be disappointed.
Spicy Blackened Shrimp and Stone-ground Cheddar Cheese Grits with Brown Gravy and Local Sweet Corn Relish – $6.75
Four shrimp came in a boat filled with sauce, corn, and grits. There’s a nice lingering spice to the entire dish that isn’t overpowering. The shrimp were cooked perfectly. The only real complaint we have about this dish is that there weren’t enough grits to really enjoy the sauce. It’s really a simple thing that could change day to day based on who’s preparing the food. Regardless, it’s a tasty dish that’s well worth the price.
Key Lime Tart with Toasted Meringue – $4.50
An extremely large dessert for $4.50, the key lime tart impresses on all levels. The tart ‘looks’ like it belongs at Flower and Garden, garnished with a festive edible butterfly. Below the layer of wonderfully toasted meringue you’ll find a distinct tart lime filling encased in a buttery crust. It’s a crowd favorite and one of the must gets of the festival. Recommended.
Watermelon Cucumber Slushy with Tamiami Florida Gin – $11.75
Super light and refreshing, the perfect drink for your afternoon at Epcot. Expect a natural watermelon flavor with a subtle cucumber aftertaste. The gin doesn’t overpower the drink and serves to bring out the flavor of the watermelon.
Beer Flight – Tampa Bay Brewing Company Quat Seasonal Fruit Ale, Big Top Brewing Company Conch Republic Key Lime Wheat, First Magnitude Brewing Co. Monarch Milk Stout – $9.50
Three very unique beers, neither is quite like each other. The Quat Seasonal is a sweet and sour citrus ale. Lime Wheat brought a darker than expect brew but a mellow lime flavor to carry the beer through. The Monarch Milk Stout is a very dark and tasty stout.