Welcome to an Outdoor Kitchen review for the 2018 International Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot. This review will focus on Pineapple Promenade outdoor kitchen. The Pineapple Promenade is located before the Canada pavilion on the promenade.
- Spicy Hot Dog with Pineapple Chutney and Plantain Chips $7.50
- Pineapple Soft-Serve (V) $5.00
- Coastal Empire Beer Co. Coco Piña Gose, Savannah, GA $4.25
- Maui Brewing Co. Pineapple Mana Wheat, Kihei, HI $4.25
- SweetWater Brewing Company Goin’ Coastal IPA with Pineapple, Atlanta, GA $4.25
- Pineapple Beer Flight $9.50
- Florida Orange Groves Winery Sparkling Pineapple Wine, St. Petersburg, FL $11.75
- Playalinda Brewing Company Violet Lemonade Ale, Titusville, FL $4.25
- Pineapple Soft-serve with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum $10.25
- Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade (Non-alcoholic) $4.25
- Pineapple Soft-serve with Fanta (Non-alcoholic) $5.75
Spicy Hot Dog with Pineapple Chutney and Plantain Chips – $7.50
Perhaps one of our (definitely Tom’s) favorite returning items is the spicy hot dog. You receive a full hot dog for your money, slathered in pineapple chutney and crumbled plantain chips. The hot dog delivers on flavor and spice. Each bite has a pop against the perfectly cooked exterior leading to a wonderfully spicy interior. The chutney adds a cool pineapple flavor and the chips add a nice crunch. It’s a filling dish and best shared if you plan on enjoying the rest the festival has to offer.
Pineapple Beer Flight – Coastal Empire Beer Co. Coco Piña Gose, Maui Brewing Co. Pineapple Mana Wheat, SweetWater Brewing Company Goin’ Coastal IPA with Pineapple – $9.50
Take note that the Playalinda Brewing Company Violet Lemonade Ale isn’t included on the flight. The Cast Member said they couldn’t substitute beers unfortunately, so we’re certainly going back for that one. Regardless, expect a very fruity flight of beer. The Coco Pina is very sour beer with lingering pineapple and coconut flavors. Pineapple Mana is a wheat beer and it has strong notes of the wheat flavor mixed with a pungent pineapple. The Goin’ Coastal IPA is a hop-forward beer with trailing flavors of pineapple. Whenever fruit is involved with beer it’s difficult to find brews that don’t taste like artificial fruit, and all of these taste natural. It’s worth your time to try three unique beers.
Pineapple Soft-serve with Fanta (Non-alcoholic) $5.75
Pineapple Fanta fills the bottom of this cup. The pineapple dole whip mixed with the soda works very well and surprisingly isn’t overpowering. The only problem you’re going to run into with Flower & Garden is A) the portion of Dole Whip and B) how icy it comes out, to the point of almost being flavorless. Typically the version at Magic Kingdom is very light and airy, this comes out stiff and dense. It’s still the only place to get the soft serve in Epcot, so if you feel $5 is worth saving a trip to Polynesian or Magic Kingdom…