The Citrus Swirl Returns to the Magic Kingdom Due to Popular Demand

Apparently enough guests complained after we broke the news that the Citrus Swirl was gone from the Sunshine Tree Terrace at the Magic Kingdom, because it is already back.

Photo by @Mousesteps on twitter

The Citrus Swirl now inexplicably lives alongside the renamed “Orange Cream” options. Sure, the Orange Soft-serve by itself is Vegan, but the vanilla is still not. So, why you would need two items so similar in taste on the menu is beyond me, and whatever problem Disney was trying to solve with the change is now unsolved.

Either way, the Citrus Swirl is back in Adventureland.

C
C

It’s a response to the parking. Here, here, just take the citrus swirl back! Don’t yell at us anymore!

Brian Kowalenko
Brian Kowalenko

Was it maybe a marketing deal with Dole that backfired?

nomeus

was dole making the orange mystery product they were peddling?

nomeus

the people have spoken! all you haters can take a seat

Suemon
Suemon
Reply to  nomeus

Thanks for your opinion. Don’t you have an abandoned building to loiter in?

Brian K
Brian K

The menu board picture says “dole orange soft serve”.

Indy
Indy

Something is wrong with this news. We were at the park 2 weeks ago and had a Citrus Swirl. The thing that was NOT available was the Orange Cream Cup, because that is what we went to get but it was not there. So is this old news, or perhaps you meant to say “Orange Cream Cup”? Or perhaps they just changed the menu but it’s what has been there for a little while now. In any case, it was good but we didn’t like it as much as what we had originally wanted and it seems to melt much… Read more »

Indy was the dogs name.
Indy was the dogs name.
Reply to  Indy

Ah yes the old “it wasn’t like that when I was there and I didn’t take a minute to research before spouting off about something I know nothing about” comment.

Classic.

Taryn
Taryn

They really aren’t that similar in taste. The citrus is pure frozen orange juice. It is very, very tart. The orange soft serve, on the other hand, is much sweeter and can be consumed by itself. Having both makes perfect sense.

Anita Bryant
Anita Bryant
Reply to  Tom Corless

Yup.

Florida_Man
Florida_Man

If they take away the Florida orange juice they should get rid of the Orange Bird too. I do not even want to know what Dole orange is but it sounds like some fake Hawaii thing like Stitch who was made in Florida at MGM

Florida Education System
Florida Education System
Reply to  Florida_Man

I think I speak for the entire WDWNT community when I say:
“Huh??”

Paloma J Geiger
Paloma J Geiger

Stitch isn’t Hawaiian! He’s an organism that was created in a lab by an alien!

Florida_Man_educating_dumb_tourists_who_pay_his_taxes
Florida_Man_educating_dumb_tourists_who_pay_his_taxes

Stitch the movie was made in Florida at MGM so none of it is real Hawaiian like Dole Orange it looks and sounds authentic but it is not.
I was alluding that they should retire the Orange Bird character that was created for the original sponser of Tropical Serenade/Tiki room; the Florida Citrus Comminison, if they no longer have real citrus in the product.

Dazusu
Dazusu

Just in time for my trip in April!

Lill
Lill

Geez. I was there on Wednesday, two days ago, and did not have the option of the citrus swirl. Damn. I had the other twice this week. The first day I asked for a small sample, said okay to a full cup, and the cm gave it to me for free!