D23 today has released pricing and panel information for the upcoming Destination D: Celebrating Mickey Mouse event happening at Disney’s Contemporary Resort November 17-18, 2018, celebrating 90 years of Mickey Mouse. Tickets will go on sale beginning Thursday, April 12th at 10:00AM for the Mouseketeer VIP Level: $1,300 per person and 11:00AM for Gold and Gold Family Members: $215 per person.
Check-in for the event will begin on Friday, November 16th at which point guests will be able to enjoy the following:
- Mickey’s of Glendale—The famed Walt Disney Imagineering store returns with a pop-up shop at the event for attendees, featuring a selection of exclusive Walt Disney Imagineering merchandise as well as limited-edition pins, apparel, and collectibles themed to the event.
- Mickey Marketplace—For the first time ever, D23 is thrilled to debut a Mickey Marketplace inside Disney’s Contemporary Convention Center—exclusively available to Destination D attendees, a handful of retailers will offer limited Mickey-branded products.
- Walt Disney Archives—Access to an exclusive exhibit curated by the Walt Disney Archives celebrating Mickey Mouse.
Then beginning on Saturday, guests are invited to join D23 in the Fantasia Ballroom at Disney’s Contemporary Resort to celebrate the mouse that started it all with a full line-up of panels:
- Presenters and panelists, including Legendary Disney Animator Mark Henn, Voice Actor Bret Iwan, Disney Legend Bill Farmer, Imagineers Jason Grandt, Wyatt Winter, and Alex Wright, Animator John Pomeroy, and Walt Disney Archives Director Becky Cline—plus more to be announced.*
- A Mouse in Shorts: Animating Mickey Through the Years—From Steamboat Willie to Get a Horse!, Mickey’s epic film career has taken him on a journey that has endeared him to fans around the world. Join Disney animators and historians as they look back at the films that defined Mickey’s career, and peek behind-the-scenes of some of his most famous roles.
- Catching Up with Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway— Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2019, the first ride-through Mickey Mouse attraction, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, will push the limits of immersion for the Disney experience. Join members of the Walt Disney Imagineering creative team for a sneak peek of the zany twists and turns of this upcoming groundbreaking attraction!
- Collecting Mickey, the True Original—From the first Mickey Mouse wristwatch to the collaborations of today, Mickey has always been in style. We wind the (Mickey Mouse) clock back to take a look at the toys, collectibles, and products that defined the mouse—and what his future has in store!
- Hidden Mickeys: Uncovering the Magic of Disney Storytelling—Chronicling some of the lesser known and “lost” adventures of everyone’s favorite mouse, Disney historians will guide guests through an exploration of rarely seen and unusual Mickey projects—including a few that never jumped off the page!
- Weird Disney: The Early Mickey Years—Fan-favorite “Weird Disney” returns with an all-new show, as the Walt Disney Archives reveals some of the wildest and wackiest Mickey moments, merchandise, and more! Included is a deep dive into Mickey’s past, featuring some of the most unique appearances, depictions, and pop-culture influences of our favorite mouse during Mickey’s runaway success in the 1930’s.
- Additionally, the weekend will feature exciting events, such as Mickey’s Animation Academy, where guests will learn to draw from master Disney animator Mark Henn, and 4 Artists Paint 1 Mouse, where four Disney artists embark upon an “Adventure in Art,” each interpreting Mickey in their individual style—live on stage!
- Mickey’s Movie Night—To wrap up a great weekend and celebrate Mickey’s birthday on the evening of Sunday, November 18, we’re throwing the ultimate Mickey movie pajama party— including a visit by Mickey himself! Guests are encouraged to wear their favorite Mickey Mouse pajamas, grab a treat, sit back, and watch some of Mickey’s most iconic and rarest footage from the past 90 years!
Additionally, all D23 ticketed members will also enjoy the following perks throughout the weekend:
- Guaranteed seats at all panels and presentations in the Fantasia Ballroom
- D23-exclusive Mickey’s Movie Night in honor of his 90th birthday on Sunday evening
- Access to Destination D-exclusive Mickey’s of Glendale pop-up shop
- Access to a handful exclusive retail shops in the Mickey Marketplace
- Access to the Mickey Mouse exhibit from the Walt Disney Archives
- A specialty gift created exclusively for the event
And if you decide to splurge a bit and go for the Mouseketeer VIP Level, you’ll get a bunch of additional perks:
- Exclusive VIP dinner on Friday, November 16, inspired by Mickey Mouse
- Exclusive Mickey Birthday Breakfast with Disney luminary meet & greet at Disney’s Contemporary Resort the morning of his 90th birthday, November 18
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Lounge at Disney’s Contemporary Resort during event hours
- Priority seating for all panels and presentations
- Early shopping access to Mickey’s of Glendale pop-up shop and Mickey Marketplace on Friday, November 16
- Early access to the Mickey Mouse exhibit from the Walt Disney Archives on Friday, November 16
- Additional specialty gift
- Dedicated VIP Destination D check-in location.
Tickets go on sale Thursday, April 12th at 10:00AM at D23.com.
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!