Ah, the 4th of July…a day of celebration, fun, and excitement for Americans from sea to shining sea. And of course, Walt Disney World is getting in on the Independence Day celebration across the entire resort, including fireworks, special desserts, and a golf cart parade!
The centerpiece of Walt Disney World’s 4th of July nighttime shows, “Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” will be performed at the Magic Kingdom on July 3rd and 4th at 9:15 PM. Fireworks will soar above Magic Kingdom Park while the air swells with patriotic melodies.
Meanwhile at Epcot, “Illuminations: Reflections of Earth,” the park’s nightly fireworks spectacular, will have a special Independence Day fireworks finale to close out the show. The special tag can be seen on July 4th, immediately following the show starting at 9 PM.
While not exclusive to the Independence Day holiday, “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular,” now featuring an all-new sequence from Solo: A Star Wars Story, will light up the Chinese Theatre at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at 10 PM on July 4th, while “Rivers of Light” will be performed at Disney’s Animal Kingdom at 9:15 and 10:15 PM.
At the Magic Kingdom, DJs will host dance parties in Frontierland and Tomorrowland on July 3rd and 4th. For those looking for more silliness in their celebration, “The Muppets Present…Great Moments in American History” features Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, and Sam the Eagle share their takes on two key moments of the American Revolution: the writing of the Declaration of Independence and the Midnight Ride of Paul Revere. The show runs several times daily in Liberty Square, near the entrance to The Hall of Presidents.
At Epcot’s America Gardens Theatre, the Voices of Liberty, the park’s famed acapella group, will perform traditional Americana songs at 5:30, 6:45, and 8 PM on July 4th. For those who wish to hear them in their traditional setting, the rotunda of The American Adventure pavilion, the group will perform their standard shows at 2 and 3 PM that day. Also at the pavilion, Disney characters dressed in Independence Day attire will greet guests throughout the day on July 4th.
Various locations around the Walt Disney World resorts will offer special desserts to commemorate the day. Known examples include:
- A Fourth of July cupcake featuring apple pie filling at Creature Comforts and Isle of Java at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- A sparkly red-white-and-blue coconut macaroon dipped in white chocolate at BoardWalk Bakery at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
- Patriotic dipped strawberries and Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse mini-domes at Amorette’s at Disney Springs
Fourth of July at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will offer several special events during the holiday.
- The Fourth of July 5K Run will take place Tuesday, July 3rd at 7:30 AM. Pre-registration is available June 24th-30th from 9 AM to 5 PM. at the Fort Wilderness Bike Barn. On-site registration begins at 7 AM in the field next to Mickey’s Backyard BBQ; the run begins from that location.
- The Fourth of July Golf Cart Parade begins at 4 PM on July 4th. Registration will be open June 24th-30th from 9 AM to 5 PM at the Fort Wilderness Bike Barn.
- The Fourth of July Beach Bash at Clementine’s Beach will take place from 6-11 PM on July 4th. Guests will enjoy a live DJ, dancing, games, contests, a movie, and more. In addition, the Fort Wilderness food truck will be available in the settlement area with delicious items for purchase.
Whether it’s food or fireworks, music or Muppets, there’s plenty to enjoy at Walt Disney World to celebrate Independence Day!
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!