PHOTO: Dismantled Animatronic Picture Leaks from Stitch’s Great Escape at Magic Kingdom

To further confirm our report from a few weeks ago, a user on Reddit has leaked a supposed photo of a dismantled Stitch animatronic figure from the now-closed Stitch’s Great Escape attraction at the Magic Kingdom.

We already told you a few weeks ago that this process was taking place and that the attraction would not return despite Disney’s statement. Disney has yet to tell the public that the attraction is gone.

0 0 votes
Brittany
Brittany

This is the stuff nightmares are made of lol

Matt
Matt
Reply to  Brittany

The next horror game sensation: Five Nights at Stitch’s Great Escape

Michelle
Michelle
Reply to  Brittany

This reminds me of the Gremlins when they melt. Lol!

Jenna
Jenna
Reply to  Michelle

Yes! Or the scene in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade where the Nazi is melting!

Jason
Jason
Reply to  Brittany

Stitch is just dressing up as a skeleton for Halloween this year.

Jerad
Jerad

They should have left it like THAT on the ride.

Isaac Ray

Can we get a Five Nights at Stitch’s Great Escape?

Frank
Frank

Honestly I don’t believe that picture is real. I could understand them harvesting parts off it, but to pretty much dissect it in the worst possible way makes no sense. What else would use his eyes? Why does it look like someone torched it? This doesn’t mean the ride isn’t being scrapped, I just think someone went happy with photoshop.

Andrew Z
Andrew Z
Reply to  Frank

Unless you’re an Imagineer, no one knows how these things are built, so who are we to criticize how they disassemble something? The mechanics attached to the eyes are probably being re-used on another project. Albeit “older” technology, they recycle stuff all of the time. It does not look like it’s torched. That’s what raw metal looks like. No reason to polish it when it’s covered with a skin. And why would anyone spend one ounce of energy photoshopping this? What is there to gain?

Coil
Coil

Putting that out as a Halloween decoration, right? Maybe a sign in front: “This is what happens to those who deface my castle” – Cinderella

Doctor Phorbbs
Doctor Phorbbs

My new FB profile pic! lol

Catie
Catie

Stitch is creepy…. buuut what do you think they’ll do with this space? Tomorrowland really doesn’t need another gift shop or quick service restaurant. Maybe they’ll use it as another character meet and greet space? Or something? It bothers me a bit, because the attraction has big potential, the (seemingly expensive) theater could become something else cool….

Khalib
Khalib
Reply to  Catie

Maybe the original attraction known as alien encounter can take back its original space?

Yes that should take the space once again.

Khalib
Khalib
Reply to  Catie

Alien encounter should take its original spot once again.

Mike
Mike
Reply to  Catie

It is supposed to be a Wreck it Ralph ride

Allison
Allison
Reply to  Mike

That attraction is going in Disney Springs, I believe. I for one just think they should open alien encounter again. But tbh they could just use this skinned animatronic it’s scary enough

Mike H
Mike H

Is this the melted Gremlin, Stripe, from the movie?! haha (http://www.i-mockery.com/halloween/greatest/gremlins.php)

Sulley
Sulley

My eyes…..the horror…….the horror……..

Anonomouse
Anonomouse

Aww cute

Steve A
Steve A

Holy poop, that is terrifying. It looks like the gremlin melting at the end of… well “Gremlins”. I doubt Lilo would take that monster in, it looks like it would eat her.

Matt Stanley

Looks like something outta Five Nights at Freddie’s!

Andrew Fontanez
Andrew Fontanez

Disney just needs to bring bring back alien encounter period they can set wreck it ralph some place else alien encounter was well received when it first opened until these overzealous parents had to ruin it

Shelley

That is really freaky. I liked Stitch’s Great Escape until they lowered those bars into my shoulders that did not allow me to move. I do realize that also happens on Aerosmith and most roller coasters, but it was freaky to me, even so, I had to do it each trip just to see stitch. Stitch is awesome and just embodies the wild child in all of us. He’s awesome.

Frontierland Dan
Frontierland Dan

When did last week(Tuesday) become a few weeks ago?? Also, it seems most people forgot that there are two theaters in this attractions. This could be from the second theater that Disney had said was closing down sometime before they closed it all together. Though I do think it is completely shut down now, this isn’t really evidence of that. The other theater may still be in full working order.

Joey Kette