Add some spice to this festival season with the Sapphire Holiday Kitchen. Featured in Morocco at the World Showcase, this is one of the many offerings at this year’s Epcot International Festival of the Holidays – running from Nov. 18th through Dec. 30th.
- Grilled Lamb Kefta Kebab with Whole Wheat Pita, Cucumber, Olives, Tomatoes, Mint Yogurt Sauce and Harissa-cilantro Dressing
- Confit of Chermoula Chicken Drum with Cinnamon Granny Smith Apple, Toasted Almonds, Brussels Sprouts and Pinot Noir Glaze
- “Sfenj” – Warm Beignets with Cream, Cinnamon Sugar, Toasted Almonds and Chocolate Sauce
- Casa Beer
- Kasbah Prestige Red Wine
- The Andalusian “Poinsettia” Cocktail: Sparking Wine, Orange Liqueur and Cranberry Juice topped with Orange Blossom Water
- Walnut Spiced Coffee with Walnut Liqueur and topped with Cinnamon and Whipped Cream
Grilled Lamb Kefta Kebab – $8.00
This consists of spicy lamb with cucumber, olives, tomatoes, mint yogurt sauce and harissa-cilantro dressing served on a whole wheat pita. With quite a nice portion of meat to go along with the pita, this is a rather substantial offering for the price with lots of flavor.
Confit of Chermoula Chicken Drum – $8.00
Served with a cinnamon Granny Smith apple, toasted almonds, brussels sprouts and a pinot noir glaze, this confit chicken isn’t overly interesting by itself, but the apple and glaze make up quite a nice flavor combination and, with how it’s plated, this is a great dish for two.
“Sfenj” – $5.00
With warm beignets with cream, cinnamon sugar, toasted almonds and chocolate sauce, this dessert meets buttery expectations, but the portions are a bit small when you take a look at the other baked offerings available in the France pavilion.
The Andalusian “Poinsettia” Cocktail – $8.00
Made with sparking wine, orange liqueur and cranberry juice topped with orange blossom water, this cocktail lived up to its name, as the flowery taste comes through nicely, but it got to be overly sweet after a few sips.