BREAKING: Brazil Pavilion Will Open with No Attraction in 2022 at Epcot

It’s back, and it now seems that nothing will derail the construction of the long-rumored Brazil pavilion at Epcot.

While we expected the new World Showcase Pavilion to be announced some time ago, various financial and political roadblocks have apparently stood in the way of that. According to sources, Brazil will open in the Summer of 2022 in Epcot.

The pavilion is rumored to be going between the Italy and Germany pavilions in World Showcase, an empty 1.5 acre plot left for a future pavilion since the park opened in 1982.

As of now, the pavilion would not feature a ride or attraction, only shopping and dining offerings. It’s unclear if Disney plans to add some offering to the South American area later.

Disney has yet to officially announce the project, but should soon. Construction should also be starting imminently.

stadalberts
stadalberts
1 year ago

This is about the 3rd time in recent years that Disney has talked about this. Let’s just wait until they start the thing before we become too excited….IF we are to become too excited.

Andrew
Andrew
Reply to  stadalberts

I just want to clarify that Disney has actually never talked about this. This has been on the roller coaster rumor circuit for a long time now.

Bradley D Monroe
Bradley D Monroe
1 year ago

Is Epcot still going to keep the Germany pavillion as well as Italy pavillion?

Brandon Burns
Brandon Burns
1 year ago

Did you even read the article? And what makes you think that Disney would take Italy and Germany away?

Jay Pitts
Jay Pitts
1 year ago

Who said they were being removed?

Daniel

Italy 🇮🇹 And Germany 🇩🇪 will still stay

Jessica
Jessica
1 year ago

I assume that means the removal of the train village next to Germany? That would make me very sad…

Cheri
Cheri
Reply to  Jessica

So sad if the train were to go! We loved checking out the miniatures during the different festivals. :(

disneyguy
disneyguy
Reply to  Jessica

Yes this would go in the location where the train village is now. Disney knows how popular that little train village has become and I suspect it will be relocated to the other side of the Germany pavilion.

Brandon Burns
Brandon Burns
Reply to  Jessica

I would rather have the train village than a Brazil pavilion.

Andrew
Andrew
Reply to  Jessica

So keep a mini toy train in lieu of a whole entire pavilion?

Panchito
Panchito

I hope they open a Texas de Brazil

Maryl
Maryl
Reply to  Panchito

Seriously, a Brazilian steakhouse is a no-brainer — it’s reason enough to build a Brazil pavilion!

Andrew
Andrew
Reply to  Panchito

@Panchito, I think people are down-voting your comment because Disney would never bring in a chain restaurant like that. Texas de Brazil is a poor excuse for a Brazilian steakhouse anyways,

Casey
Casey
1 year ago

This would make sense to redo a Three Caballeros ride here while retheming Mexico to Coco

Andrew
Andrew
Reply to  Casey

If Coco replaces Three Caballeros, it’s never coming back or being reincarnated anywhere else. There is absolutely no equity behind them, besides nostalgia.

Juliana
Juliana
Reply to  Casey

You do know that Mexico and Brazil speak different languages, right?

Brenda
Brenda
Reply to  Juliana

You do know Jose Carioca is Brazilian, right?

Brian
Brian
Reply to  Brenda

Get it Brenda!

Hjhhjj
Hjhhjj
1 year ago

Terrific. Because Carnival is a thing I want to take my young children to see. Disney is not family friendly anymore.

Doug Purcell
Doug Purcell
Reply to  Hjhhjj

And why is Disney NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY ANYMORE? (I’m sure I know the reason they are saying that, but just want them to clarify)

Chris
Chris
Reply to  Hjhhjj

Did you not see Rio? Carnival cant be kid friendly? What?

michael
michael
Reply to  Hjhhjj

and mardi gras is not either but Universals take on it is perfectly fine. also, is this the only thing Brazil is to you?

Edward
Edward
Reply to  Hjhhjj

…what?

You might as well say Disney isn’t family friendly because there’s an American Adventure section in EPCOT and a big Mardi Gras party happens in New Orleans in the US (not to mention the whole French Quarter hotel!). The entire country of Brazil isn’t Carnival, nor is Carnival anything other than a specific event once a year.

This is legitimately one of the stupidest things I’ve ever read on the Internet, which is really saying something. I would almost think it was trolling, except someone who wanted to troll wouldn’t be so obvious about it.

Liz
Liz
Reply to  Hjhhjj

Hjhhjj grow up. It’s not all about you and your kids. It’s part of their culture. Do the feathers bother you, or the skin showing🙄

Peter
Peter
Reply to  Hjhhjj

I love how this is the tipping point for you, but not the fact Epcot, and World Showcase in general skews more to the adult crowd than anything else as it has been.

Ray
Ray
Reply to  Hjhhjj

If carnival is all you think of when you think Brazil, than you are very uneducated and should do research before speaking next time.

SampleText
SampleText
Reply to  Hjhhjj

Speaking for everyone who downvoted this comment, could you please elaborate on these statements?

Jacqui
Jacqui
Reply to  Hjhhjj

How is the ‘family thing pf disney related to the carnival ?

Joe Botto
Joe Botto
Reply to  Hjhhjj

You make literally no sense 🤦🏽‍♂️

André Ricardo Pinto da Luz de Carvalho
André Ricardo Pinto da Luz de Carvalho
Reply to  Hjhhjj

you’re no sense

Felipe
Felipe
1 year ago

Well that stinks, I am going to have a very sad 5 year old who has grown up loving the train display in between Germany and Italy. Bummed out to hear that. Wish this was being installed where the Refreshment Post Outpost is today since that is generic and not tied to any country.

Sydney
Sydney
1 year ago

All these new things, I think our 2022 trip will have to be a little longer than usual. Very excited for a new pavilion

orlandando Disney
orlandando Disney
1 year ago

I’m very happy for this to happen.

Natalie
Natalie
1 year ago

This would be the perfect opportunity for Disney to add that PULL THE LEVER ride that literally everyone wants

RiverOtter
RiverOtter
Reply to  Natalie

If I could vote this up a thousand times I would!

iheartbiscuits
iheartbiscuits
1 year ago

I know nothing is formal, but the location between Germany and Italy makes very little sense aesthetically. Any of the other open plots would be better served. Then again, a number of Germans ended up in South America in the late 40’s.

So another two eating/drinking locations are going in… pretty soon Epcot will just be one giant food court with everyone looking like passengers of the Axiom.

Diego
Diego
Reply to  iheartbiscuits

A lot of Italians (much more than Germans) immigrated to Brazil in the late 19th century.

But that’s all these countries have in common.

Keith
Keith
1 year ago

What is the construction that is going on behind “Village Traders”?

Katie
Katie
Reply to  Keith

That’s a drone launch site for one of the nighttime shows replacing Illuminations.

Doug
Doug
1 year ago

Does anyone know if there is a plan to keep the trains by Germany going, possibly moving them elsewhere? I would be really sad to see the miniature trains go away.

DisneyFan82
DisneyFan82
1 year ago

Boo…you wanna see Brazil, just come during tour group season and experience all the rudeness and arrogance you can handle from them. 😢

Beth
Beth
1 year ago

Don’t we get enough of a taste of Brazil with the multitude of tour groups??? Hard pass for me if this happens.

Natalie
Natalie
Reply to  Beth

Agreed. Horrible decision.

Tony Artym
Tony Artym
1 year ago

Drinks around the world just got harder

Gary
Gary
Reply to  Tony Artym

Suck it up :) and accept the challenge! It’s probably my favorite thing to do in Disney.

Paul
Paul
1 year ago

I don’t have a problem with Brazil getting a pavilion… my problem has always been how small Italy has been… arguably the most iconic country in the world and Venice being one of the most iconic cities, and yet it doesn’t even have Venetian gondola rides with even one water street… Even Vegas’s Venetian has gondola rides with Italian song!!! Geez…

Erica M
Erica M
Reply to  Paul

Amen!! 🙌 I have always wondered why that pavilion didn’t offer more!!

Brenda
Brenda
1 year ago

Would have loved to see Greece or Egypt so much more

BIll
BIll
1 year ago

I wonder what areas they are going to highlight…. the Favelas or the slash and burn sections of the Amazon? Is there going to be a giant hill in the back with the redeemer statue on top? Are some cast members going to be in feathered Carnival outfits… g string and all? Are they going to have armed militia group checkpoints run by Monsanto? Are they going to run out of drinking water before noon? Are they going to have a beach area where they dump all the sewage into the water? Hmmmm…. questions… questions…. Definitely a steakhouse, and good… Read more »

That
That
Reply to  BIll

daaaaang, that is some heckin’ racism there.

Every country has its problems. Does the American Adventure feature police brutality, contaminated drinking water, and regular reenactments of mass shootings?

Did you wring your hands over Port Orleans being based off a city known for Mardi Gras and a drunken party street?

Y’all need to check yourselves.

Gary
Gary
1 year ago

Why the negativity on this site all of the time? I think that it’s awesome that a new pavilion is being added. About time! I hope it’s true. Any new pavilion will be enjoyable.

I’m sure Disney will move the train setup.

Why Brazil? Because a lot more people visit Epcot from Brazil than from Egypt and Greece and the Brazilian government is probably helping with the bill.

BIll
BIll
Reply to  Gary

Have you been to Brazil recently? It’s not so glamorous. Every place on earth has its share of problems right now. I get it. Currently Brazil is not the Sinatra era fairytale it once was back in 40s and 50s, Other than that…. I was reading about overlay at the Wave restaurant at the contemporary and I came up with a solution. Make the steakhouse at Brazil an Incredibles Steakhouse because why not and who cares anymore. It makes about as much sense as everything else right now… …Beauty and the Beast (a French tale) bar overlay at the Floridian… Read more »

Gary
Gary
Reply to  BIll

I understand your rant about some of the resorts, but do not understand what this has to do with having a Brazilian pavilion added to Epcot? Does Brazil have issues? Absolutely! But that does not mean we cannot celebrate their culture and history. Someone mentioned Greece and Egypt. Do they currently have issues? I think so! I think Brazil makes sense. There are no other South American countries in Epcot. We already have a Northern African country in Morocco and we have a bunch of European and Asian countries as well. So why not Brazil? There are other countries that… Read more »

That
That
Reply to  Gary

Straight answer? Because lots of Americans have this intense antipathy for everything south of the border. It’s really gross to see on display here.