BREAKING: Disney States Country Bear Jamboree Will Not Close at Walt Disney World

Disney has released a statement addressing “rumors” about Country Bear Jamboree closures:

Thanks for “bearing” with us this week.  With all of the news we’ve shared, we “fur-got” to mention our friends over at the Country Bears. Our Imagineers are always looking at ways to bring more magic to our guests through experiences and stories they know, but contrary to rumors, Country Bear Jamboree is not going into hibernation any time soon.  In fact, we’re looking forward to celebrating its 50th anniversary on Oct. 1, 2021, with Henry, the Five Bear Rugs and the rest of the gang. Until then, “we hope that you’ll be comin’ back again; that you’ll drop in and see us now and then.”

No further information has been provided regarding the Country Bears and the park’s 50th anniversary celebrations, but we are thrilled that the bears will be staying (and that Big Al will in fact, not be skinned and replaced with Stinky Pete the Prospector.)

We thank all of you who wrote in to voice your love and nostalgia for the Country Bears and helped to Save the Jamboree!

Georgia R
Georgia R
1 year ago

Dear Disney!! Thank you for listening to us who wrote in about our beloved Country Bear Jamboree friends. I can not wait to meet up with them again in 2021!! Now I am hoping you can hear us about the Enchanted Tiki Birds as well. Instead of Moana, just update the animitroniacs on our friends there and see what happens. I bet you won’t believe the new following you will have. Again, thank you for saving our beloved Country Bear Jamboree!!

Gomer
Gomer

A Big Al-leluia!

Meg
Meg
1 year ago

Oh thank the Lord! This is a staple for us and I’m thrilled we will see it again! Thanks for keeping us updated!

Deborah Koss
1 year ago

My husband and I visit Walt Disney World every two years and we are glad the Country Bear Jamebee is staying. I was sad to read that they were on virge of closing. That you Disney and the people who help them stay.

DaveP
DaveP
1 year ago

So glad to hear! Sometimes people want to experience the same attractions they grew up with and introduce it to future generations. One thing Universal has yet to grasp, except E.T. and Horror Makeup Show. Disney needs to continue to remember this. Unfortunately, it’s too late for some of their other attractions.

mk97
mk97
1 year ago

Thank goodness. Country Bear Jamboree is a staple of the Magic Kingdom and genuinely amusing show. Here’s hoping it survives long after its 50th anniversary. It should never be shuttered or replaced.

Kevin P
Kevin P
1 year ago

For the people who say “see, WDWNT was wrong”, please remember Tom said there is an internal DEBATE over it.

And when you have the largest Disney fan site rally the troops and flood management with emails and complaints at the mere thought of it, it means there’s a pretty good chance this helped move the needle into the right direction.

No one is claiming Disney was 100% dead set on this and a bunch of people got them to change course.

What this shows shows is that our voice DOES MATTER and you need to speak up 😎😎😎

TylerM
TylerM
1 year ago

These puns are painful, but also it’s still all in the wording. “We’re looking forward to celebrating it’s 50th” doesn’t indicate that they won’t be replacing the attraction or overlaying it, and then just doing a 50th with characters or something. At this point, I’m not trusting anything Disney says until D23 Expo.

Chris
Chris
1 year ago

Happy that the country bears are not leaving because the Jamboree has been my favorite show since I have visited Disney World for the first time. I love this site because it always tells us about disney news it is the good website for everything disney

SJames
SJames
1 year ago

Wow!! Kudos to you, Tom, and the whole WDWNT gang! And hats off to all the Disney fanADDICTS, like myself, who kept the pressure on the corporate execs to preserve history! This made my week! 😄

TheBigKahoona
TheBigKahoona
1 year ago

Thank you very much Disney. I appreciate that this cherished attraction will continue to bring joy into the hearts of all who watch the show. One more reason to continue my annual pass. Thanks again.

Steven Newcomb
Steven Newcomb

So glad to hear it!

Cam
Cam
1 year ago

In before the “See! it was just clickbait all along!”

Johnny Crew
Johnny Crew

I did it!

WENDY BUTLER
WENDY BUTLER
1 year ago

Just please update the audio.

Frank W
Frank W
1 year ago

Good news. No better than that, THIS IS GREAT NEWS!

Joshua Manning
Joshua Manning

Truly awesome news!!🐻🥰😁

AdeeK
AdeeK
1 year ago

Sure, they “forgot.” I think they saw the outrage after the rumor was leaked and thought better of it. This is why we need these “rumors” to be out there. By the time Disney officially announces a change or closure, it’s too late for the public to voice an opinion. They make it sound like the panic was baseless but I don’t believe it was.

MacKenzie Rayman
MacKenzie Rayman
1 year ago

Congratulations Tom!!!! You persevered and led the WDWNT nation in letting Disney know how much this and the other non-IP classic attractions mean to the character and heart of the parks! We appreciate all you do to bring your readers honest stories that shine in how much you love Disney. You saved the Jamboree!

Duke
Duke
1 year ago

What a shame. I was hoping they would replace this WASTE OF SPACE in Frontierland with something actually Western themed. What a shame this is still bogging down the limited real estate in Frontierland.

Robert Chapeko
Robert Chapeko
Reply to  Duke

Don’t worry ill have my bear skin rug by the end of the year after I put the bears into “B” mode and just have a 1980’s boom box on the edge of the stage for the music. Ill show these people.