UPDATE: Disney Denies Rumors of Tiki Room Overlay, Still Remains Silent on Country Bear Jamboree

Okay, you can all breathe now. It appears Disney Parks Blog has decided to address today’s rumor on the Enchanted Tiki Room in a recent post:

A little birdie told us there are some rumors flying around about our beloved Tiki birds at Walt Disney World Resort. We’re sorry that our fans are being fed incorrect information by unscrupulous sources. While “toucan” play at that game, we deal in facts here at the Disney Parks Blog. Although we won’t address every rumor, we want to set the record straight: there are no plans for our feathered friends to fly the coop any time soon. We’re constantly evolving our stories, but these birds will continue entertaining our guests at the Magic Kingdom Park just as they have done since 1971.

While we at WDWNT do not take kindly to being called an “unscrupulous source” by the Disney Parks Blog (which regularly tells people incorrect “facts” about where new specialty food and beverage items are located and released), when dealing with rumors, nothing is absolute and everything is subject to change. Also, after we prematurely announced a fairly large percentage of Disney’s “big reveals” for the 2017 D23 Expo, I don’t think such a statement holds any validity.

First off, as we mentioned, the Moana rumors indicate an OVERLAY of the existing Tiki Room, not the removal of any of the birds. I am still unsure that the wording Disney used today actually denies any updates to the show, but I won’t get into semantics with them. Adding Moana characters or music from the film would be “evolving the story” though, so we’ll see what happens.

Do note that while Disney decided to address the rumor about the Enchanted Tiki Room within hours, it has yet to release a statement in the course of a week-and-a-half regarding the Country Bear Jamboree. So while plans have seemingly changed as far as Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room in Walt Disney World, Disney’s silence leads us to believe that they are moving full steam ahead with plans on replacing the beloved Country Bears with the planned Toy Story marionette show (unless Thomas Smith has another piece he’d like to rush out).

Also, I would like to add that this post from the Parks Blog is the most unprofessional statement the company has released in its history, in my personal opinion. We have had open communication channels with the Disney Parks PR teams for over a decade and we would have been happy to run an update with an official statement.

We will keep you posted on this story as more develops.

BearBeGone
BearBeGone
1 year ago

Well for all the negative postings about this site, sure does seem this site is doing something correct,. Last time I checked Disney was a fairly large company that has the option of picking who or what they address and when.

Laura
Laura
1 year ago

is it just me, or are they not allowing comments to be made on the DPB post? i was going to ask them why disney seems to suddenly hate it’s longtime guests…

Melissa D Brown
Melissa D Brown
Reply to  Laura

Yup. I couldn’t reply either. Makes me wonder if the 11 posted replies are fake.

diz
diz
1 year ago

Considering I think 10 out of 11 mentioned country bears I don’t think that’s fake…they’d curb that for sure

D. G. Speirs
D. G. Speirs
Reply to  Laura

Have you actually taken the time to read the Terms of Agreement for use of the DPB site? Just because you make a post to the site, it is in no way guaranteed to be published. They are the gatekeepers. It’s their sandbox. You only play in it.

Jason
Jason
1 year ago

Well I for one always believe what Disney says. I’m on my way to get on Stitch’s Great Escape right now.

Jason
Jason
1 year ago

Gee. Sounds like Chapek got tired of Tom spoiling all his announcements for D23.

Meg
Meg
1 year ago

The Disney company makes me facepalm a lot recently. This being one of those instances. Glad they aren’t removing the birds, but still very salty about my favorite bears.

andrew
andrew
1 year ago

Too bad you can’t confront them and have them deny a Moana overlay

Melissa brown
Melissa brown
1 year ago

Agree with the lack of professionalism. Downright tacky imo.

Anonymous
Anonymous
1 year ago

Thank the Lord! I was legitimately worried.

Concrete K
Concrete K
1 year ago

I agree that this is an inappropriate response. Does this now mean Disney is setting a precedent to confirm or deny every rumor?

Rumor says....
Rumor says....
1 year ago

The first word in your headline was “Rumor”. Love how DisTwitter somehow mistakes that word for Fact…..

Shane
Shane
1 year ago

I actually didn’t mind the lighthearted way they presented that.

Brad
Brad
1 year ago

It’s definitely concerning seeing the official parks blog single out and target a specific blog like this. I think Tom’s assessment is correct and the lack of details gave them the ability to deny the rumor by saying the birds aren’t leaving and discredit the site, while appearing honest. I can’t believe anyone trusts the official parks blog to be honest about this. Sounds like to me, the birds aren’t leaving because it’ll be a typical cheap Moana overlay. I’m still significantly worried about the fate of the CBJ. Seems like Disney wants to squash the fan outrage and turn… Read more »

Kevin P
Kevin P
1 year ago

Basically Mr Smith appears to have his feathers ruffled that WDWNT has spilled the beans about CBJ, so they jump at the chance to sorta half deny another rumor (which leaves a lot open for interpretation).

Projection much Thomas Smith? 🤩

Alaina
Alaina
1 year ago

“Although we won’t address every rumor…” so, since they haven’t addressed the Country Bear rumor and quickly squashed this one I’m guessing that the Country Bears’ days are numbered.

lkjhg
lkjhg
1 year ago

Disney doth protest too much…and the fact remains that the Country Bear “rumor” (let us pray it remains so) is actually a worse threat to WDW than the proposed desecration of Tiki (since its true “original” iteration would still be preserved at Disneyland anyway).

Plus OMFG why on Earth would we need more Toy Story attractions?

Alo
Alo
1 year ago

Wow, seriously DPB?! What an unprofessional statement released, “unscrupulous sources”! Most of the stories you report end up coming true. It seems weird that they would address this rumor and say nothing about Country Bear Jamboree….?? Suspicious?! Also a few weeks ago a rumor story was posted by MiceChat about a survey about It’s a Small World in Disneyland, and that they may remove It’s a Small World and people went crazy and MiceChat said it is just a rumor! DPB said nothing rude about that crazy rumor. Keep reporting and thanks for keeping us all in the loop!

tvnutt
tvnutt
1 year ago

Sad to hear this. I log in daily to your site. Your articles always say “rumor”(when not confirmed facts) and you make it quite clear that it is only just that…a rumor. Even the Country Bears stories made it quite clear that there are “rumors.” I never felt mis-lead by anything you’ve posted. As a former journalist I know how important it is to make sure a headline is clear and often includes words like “alleged” or “sources” when one cannot be confirmed. You guys definitely CYAs. I never go to Disney Parks Blog anymore after discovering your site.

Mashu
Mashu
1 year ago

I agree that their statement was rude and unprofessional ! And when I read their article to me it didn’t seem like they were denying a Moana overlay or adding to the attraction. It just seems like they wanted to make it known that there wasn’t going to be anything taken away ! Can’t wait to hear about a Moana overlay from them lol

RebeccaMcK
RebeccaMcK
1 year ago

Still, I saw the word “shuttered” in the previous article, not so much “overlay.” Overlay would be different. Shuttered made it seem like the whole Tiki Room as we know it would go away in favor of something new taking its place indoors. But….glad to see it’s false. EDIT: Okay, later in the article it said overlay (I re-read it). But the word shuttered came first and that’s what struck me, sorry.

Blarg
Blarg
Reply to  RebeccaMcK

I think the person writing the articles gets us worked up by saying shuttered and then we kind of ignore overlay or make overlay sound more serious. Does that make sense?

Randy Eischer
Randy Eischer
1 year ago

I’m wondering about all the downvotes on posts sticking up for WDWNT — were some Parks Blog “supporters” sent over here to bust the place up?

Christine Crawford
Christine Crawford
Reply to  Randy Eischer

I thought the exact same thing! Seemed very strange to me.