Character Spot in Epcot will close on September 8, 2019, to accommodate the improvements underway at Epcot. So if you want to meet your favorite characters at Epcot, check out the list below for the new locations and changes in offerings:
- Minnie Mouse will move into the World Showcase Gazebo.
- Daisy Duck will move to The American Adventure.
- While new locations are being developed for Mickey Mouse and Goofy, they will temporarily appear in Innoventions West.
- In the “near future”, Mickey Mouse will move to an all-new location in the Imagination! Pavilion.
- Goofy will venture out into the park—and soon will find a new TBA.
- Joy will move soon too, to a location TBA.
- Winnie the Pooh will return to the United Kingdom pavilion, greeting guests at Christopher Robin’s bedroom beginning in September 2019.
- Baymax will no longer be greeting guests after his meet and greet closes later this year.
Do note that while official closures are slated for September 8th, the final day of operation is September 7th. Stay tuned to WDWNT as more news is released for the ongoing construction at Epcot.