UP! A Great Bird Adventure at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Scheduled For Brief Hiatus in September Due To Show Updates

“UP! A Great Bird Adventure” at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is a show with quite a troubled history. It debuted back in April of 2018 only to be rewritten five months later, when it debuted with an all-new script. Well, now it seems the show is scheduled to go on a brief hiatus in order to receive some show updates.

The show will be on hiatus from September 8th through the 14th, with the show returning on the 15th to once again delight fans.

We’ll be there to catch the new show after it returns, but in the meantime, here’s the latest version of the show featuring Dug, Russell, and their feathery friends!

Is “UP! A Great Bird Adventure” a regular stop on your visits to Disney’s Animal Kingdom? Or do you still miss its predecessor, Flights of Wonder? Let us know in the comments!

Will C
Will C
10 months ago

I liked the old show. I understand Disney wanted to incorporate branding and IPs into the show but it feels silly for anyone older than 4. Showcase the birds. Those things are amazing. Flights of Wonder was always a favorite, and I still find time to see this one.

Jill
Jill
10 months ago

Wish they’d never changed the show in the first place, it was perfect without the annoying characters, and not every dang thing needs IP attached – most things are better without!!

Wayne
Wayne

I miss the old show

Mary
Mary
10 months ago

We saw the UP show in May. Horrible and boring. Never again. The flights of wonder show was more informative and interesting to see.

Dis Fan
Dis Fan
10 months ago

The current Up! show is horrible. They need to get rid of the stuffed characters Dug and Russell

Ruth Mertz
Ruth Mertz
10 months ago

The Old show was far more entertaining.

MITCHELL
MITCHELL
10 months ago

Very excited for the Up bird show. Hopefully I’ll be able to catch the new show on Monday the 16th!

Josh
Josh
10 months ago

Flights of wonder was so much better. This show is bad

Connor
Connor
10 months ago

I did not enjoy the new show…UP. Dug and Russell do not fit thematically. Or the other folks don’t fit well in to the Wilderness Explorer theme. The show just drags.

James Ruffer
James Ruffer
10 months ago

Went from one of our must stops. To skip it. It should focus more on the animals and less on the characters. The animals are the stars of the show bring the focus back on them.

Jan
Jan
10 months ago

I prefer Flights of Wonder. I never tired of seeing it, whereas with UP, I don’t need to see it again. I liked the movie, and I would like to see the characters in the park (especially loving Kevin), but the scripted thing with the characters in the show is boring. I really just want to see the birds.

Bob
Bob
10 months ago

Flights of Wonder was so good! The new Up! show just never has been up to the same quality as the previous show.

Kevin Page
Kevin Page
10 months ago

Needs more animals, less talking and characters running around stage

Ken
Ken
10 months ago

I understand that imagineers want to change things up and keep attractions fresh and relevant. However, there are times, and this is one of them, when they should cut their loses and go back to the original, perhaps with some updated elements. They are on the third iteration of this show and it simply isn’t working out as they had hoped. How many times have we heard that a popular and beloved attraction will be closing to be reimagineered, for our future enjoyment only to reopen and not live up to the quality of the original. Don’t get me wrong,… Read more »

Beth Good
Beth Good
10 months ago

Flights of Wonder was wonderful, the new shoe is without.

John
John
10 months ago

The new show is horrible! Sure, Flights of Wonder needed an overhaul but this new show is practically unwatchable and already stale. Come on Disney…with all the talent at your fingertips, you can do so much better!

Dwight Jefferies
Dwight Jefferies
10 months ago

The female in the indian attire, her voice is very annoying. We left midway because her overly bubbly speaking got in our nerves. Need to write her out of the show. I overheard many others around the park talk about how she was annoying also.

Lima
Lima
10 months ago

Flights of Wonder all the way! You can definitely tell they wanted the show to be more little kid friendly, but it’s a little too much

Lima
Lima
10 months ago

Flights of Wonder all the way. I didn’t feel like I’m in a career day session at a local elm. school.