There is a lot of Disney+ news coming out today that provides information on device support, international market support and a very special offer for D23 attendees.
At this year’s D23 Expo, those attending will be able to subscribe to Disney+ at a discounted rate through their “Founders Circle” offer. This offer will require a three year commitment to Disney+ and will result in $23 off per year. This offer will also include an exclusive “Founders Circle” pin, while supplies last.
Disney also announced that shortly after Disney+ launches on November 12th in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands, the service will then be available in Australia and New Zealand on November 19th.
When Disney+ launches on November 12th, the subscription rate for the following countries will be:
- U.S. – $6.99 per month or $69.99 annually. A special bundle deal that includes Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu will be offered at $12.99 per month.
- Canada – $8.99 (Canadian) per month or $89.99 (Canadian) annually.
- The Netherlands – €6.99 (Euros) per month or €69.99 (Euros) annually.
When Disney+ launches on November 19th, the subscription rate for the following countries will be:
- Australia – $8.99 (Australian) per month or $89.99 (Australian) annually.
- New Zealand – $9.99 (New Zealand) per month or $99.99 (New Zealand) annually.
Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer and International Group has also confirmed that they have come to an agreement to use Apple, Google, Microsoft, Roku and Sony to access Disney+ through TV and mobile devices.
- Apple (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV, and fully integrated with the Apple TV app; customers can subscribe to Disney+ via in-app purchase);
- Google (Android phones, Android TV devices, Google Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices);
- Microsoft (Xbox One);
- Sony / Sony Interactive Entertainment (PlayStation®4 and all Android based Sony TVs);
- Roku (Roku® streaming players and Roku TV™ models)