Resort-Wide Price Increases on Food and Beverage Items Sweep Walt Disney World

It’s a new fiscal year for The Walt Disney Company and it has brought price increases on food all across Walt Disney World. Our intrepid reporters at the Magic Kingdom noticed that The Lunching Pad and Casey’s Corner had increased prices for some of their menu items.

Mickey Pretzel is now $6.79 (previously $6.59), Churro is $6.19 (previously $5.89).

Cream Cheese Pretzel is now $6.79 (previously $6.59).

Over at Casey’s Corner, Corn Dog Nugget Meal is $9.99 (previously $8.99), and the Loaded Fries are $6.99 (previously $6.49).

Upon further inspection online, we noticed many of the locations around Walt Disney World had increased prices. If you remember earlier today, we told you that the refillable mug had been increased to $19.99 from $18.99.

What do you think of these price increases at Walt Disney World?

Shelley
Shelley
1 year ago

I wonder what Walt would think about the cost these days to visit “the happiest place on earth “.

Jeff
Jeff
1 year ago

What do you think of these price increases at Walt Disney World?
Stinks!! Disney has lost me a a loyal customer. Went every year since 2001, but did not go this year. Don’t have any plans for future visits with the greed that has taken over Disney.

Angel Gutierrez
Angel Gutierrez
1 year ago

This is one more reason of the low crowd levels in the parks

Progressive Music Lover
Progressive Music Lover
1 year ago

These price increases are outrageous, intolerable, and completely unnecessary. It is beginning to reach a point as to where my partner and I can no longer afford our weekly trips to Disney World. It certainly looks as if Mr. Iger is attempting to weed out those that he deems undesirable from visiting his parks. I am beginning to feel as if I an an unwanted presence on Disney property.

Steve H
Steve H
1 year ago

They really don’t get it. It’s one thing to increase ticket prices to reduce crowds and prevent overcrowding but price gouging within the parks is plain disgusting. I utilize more outside restaurants before and after going to the parks because these excessive prices are just offensive. The quality of the food just doesn’t measure up to the prices by a long shot. There will be a day when Disney will see how this all backfires. The poor response to Galaxy’s Edge is already a sign of things to come. I’m now more interested in going to Universal and other parks… Read more »

Johnny C.
Johnny C.
1 year ago

I think if they are trying to stem the tide of low attendance, then raising prices across the board is wrong way to fix the problem. The only way I could see them getting back attendance to where they want it is to lower ticket prices…then I don’t think people will notice and/or care so much about the 50 cent (or so) food increase…for now.

Brad
Brad
1 year ago

hmmmm, lagging attendance = decrease in demand…. let’s Raise prices! Genius! Someone needs to take Economics 101

Al M
Al M
1 year ago

Such greed! This is a place you are suppose to be able to go and afford a vacation now it seems it is just a money making place that doesn’t care about people. Adults and children look forward to eating Mickey Pretzels 🥨 or having churros, now you are lucky you can get water and not going bankrupt. Sure it’s .50 cents or a dollar, next year it will go up more and so on. Just very upsetting because this is the place where I am the most happiest person….doubting I will go back with all these changes….

Brenda Stephens
Brenda Stephens
1 year ago

They are going to nickel and people to death. They want to the park that only the elite attend.

Karen Landry
Karen Landry
1 year ago

I understand that prices have to increase, but it saddens me that Disney is raising prices on everything from food, ticket prices and even charging to park your car while staying on Disney property. In 2005 my husband was diagnosed with stage 4 esophageal cancer. He told me if he makes it through it he wants to go to Disney world every year. Thankfully he had wonderful doctors and the good lord on his side and is still cancer free. We have kept the promise of going but now as prices keep increasing can no longer stay on property and… Read more »

Rick
Rick
1 year ago

Prices can not keep going up if they want loyal followers to continue to spend money at their resort. This will be my last trip for a while as the cost is out of hand.

Tobey Lafountain
Tobey Lafountain
1 year ago

With all the various increases and added cost as in hotel parking, it is getting harder for familys to be able to have a wonderful vacation, as for the food and drink price increases, I just don’t think it’s a good idea.we have a trip planned for June 2020, at this rate it will be our last.

Dave
Dave
1 year ago

Not happy. Yet another ‘slight adjustment’. Rethinking next year’s trip. Yet some lucky enough to afford it will gladly throw their purses & wallets at the House of Mouse.

Arne S.
Arne S.
1 year ago

As with tickets and lodging, every time I hear about another increase, I delay my next trip to WDW by several months. I used to go three times a year on average — now I average once a year.

Chris
Chris
1 year ago

The increase on the Casey’s corn dog nuggets is steep. That was one of the better deals at MK. I know the age old response to price increases is “people will spend no matter the price” but will be a point where people are done with the constant increases. 6.19 for a churro is insane.

DCB
DCB
1 year ago

Living in the Orlando area i can say that i go to the parks quite frequently… The one thing i don’t do is buy food there anymore as i agree the price hikes have gotten out of hand and i would be okay with it if the food quality was up to par on price… Disney especially has been going downhill on food quality over the past several years and now it’s so bad even some of the premier restaurants aren’t worth the price… I would say at the parks only a handful are still good with most being in… Read more »

James Staub
James Staub
1 year ago

Ridiculous, but then again the CEO needs to keep stealing from the people who come to the parks on a 65 million dollar salary but lay off 17 dollar an hour employees. I say get rid of him, like disneys granddaughter says

Jason
Jason
1 year ago

These prices are nuts. Another reason I haven’t visited in years

Jason