President Donald Trump to Attend GOP Fundraiser at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort in Florida

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has shared that President Donald Trump will headline the state’s major annual Republican Party fundraiser. The Republican Party’s Statesman’s Dinner will be held on December 7th at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort in Walt Disney World.

Last year, the event raised Florida Republicans $500,000 and is their preeminent fundraising event annually.

Spectrum News was the first to report the event would be held at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.

Kim
Kim
1 year ago

This is terrible. I don’t believe that ANY politician right now should have an event so close to where there are families and where security is so stressful as it is! I can’t even imagine the crowds, security, road closures, the opening of Rise of the Resistance, etc. We are arriving on the 11th. I can only pray for the safety of everyone there prior to us arriving.

EMM
EMM
Reply to  Kim

If you weren’t going to be there at the same time you wouldn’t give it a second thought. There is nothing wrong with POTUS or any other politician going to a resort in Disney World.

Randy Wilson
Randy Wilson
Reply to  EMM

regardless of who the sitting POTUS is, it does create a massive headache for anyone within a 2 mile radius, between secret service presence, detours, etc.

Jason Edward Harris
Jason Edward Harris
Reply to  EMM

I’m not going to be there. A fundraiser for any sitting president at “The Happiest Place On Earth” is not the right setting, and Disney should know better. Besides the security points mentioned above, there will be protesters, heightened awareness (as opposed to just shutting my brain off to relax), and it sends a pretty clear message that Disney is OK with politics entering WDW. I go there to get away from all of that stuff.

I wouldn’t say I’m ‘outraged’ or anything, I just think it’s an extremely poor decision and is in bad taste.

Sandra G
Sandra G
1 year ago

Disney has hosted presidents before and will again. They are not doing it for free nor does it say anything about the company’s political positions. It’s just a business arrangement, same as a wedding or business conference. This was arranged by Florida Republicans, so that’s who to blame if you don’t think it’s the right venue.

Rich
Rich
Reply to  Kim

I agree…..its not the place for it. People spend a lot of money to get away from reality for a few days…Walt wouldn’t approve!

Michael Haberski
Michael Haberski
Reply to  Kim

Stop it, you can stay home.

Audrey
Audrey
Reply to  Kim

We’re arriving on the 7th and we will be just fine, thank you very much! The meltdown over this would be funny if it weren’t so sad. Get a grip…the President is going to a fundraiser (as Presidents often do)…it’s not the end of the world, WDW or otherwise.

Bob
Bob
1 year ago

Walt Disney World has an interesting history with visiting presidents. Nixon’s famous “I’m not a crook” speech was done right nearby at the neighboring Contemporary Resort. I’m definitely seeing a pattern…

Heather
Heather
Reply to  Bob

Was Clinton there when he said I did not have sexual relations with that woman?? Biggest liar of them all!!!

Bob
Bob
Reply to  Heather

Well, all politicians are liars, right? Thankfully, being a liar is not the same as being a bad president, as any Trump supporter will tell you.

Susan
Susan
1 year ago

When i called the hotel to share feedback that i would not be staying at the hotel or visiting in the future because no politicians should be using Disney locations for fundraising i was told by the person answering the phone “I will not be passing that on, or giving you an email to share that with. Go Trump!” Then they hung up on me.

EMM
EMM
Reply to  Susan

As someone who attends Disney World on a frequent basis and has family and friends who are cast members, I can say with a very high level of confidence that no cast member said that nor did they hang up on you.

Nicholas
Nicholas
Reply to  Susan

Wherever they have the event, there are going to be security issues, so a Disney convention center isn’t any different. As long as they’re not having it in the parks or public areas, I don’t see a problem. The thing is, though, we know DJT is going to want to go out in public and visit guests if he can find a way.

Christine
Christine
Reply to  Susan

I just got back from there yesterday and this sounds like a bunch of BS. Disney employees are exceptionally trained and I experienced nothing but professionalism. They would not comment on stuff like this. Stop spreading lies for your own political agenda

M Johns
M Johns
Reply to  Susan

A Disney cast member told you this?

Darla
Darla
Reply to  Susan

BS… SUSAN BS

Mickey Mouse
Mickey Mouse
Reply to  Susan

It’s interesting to watch how America is turning into less and less of a free country from the other side of the world. The Grand Floridian is a hotel, it’s a business, they have spaces they rent out for events. However, you expect them to turn down business because you disagree politically with the party hosting the event. Next, a vegan will be offended that Disney allows someone from the meat industry to host an event, and soon no one will be able to do anything in your country because everyone’s so busy being offended by everything. It’s honestly mind… Read more »

Robert jedi
Robert jedi
Reply to  Susan

first off, I don’t believe that that’s an actual conversation for a second. Second off, it’s really sad and I feel sorry for you that you are so easily triggered that you would not not go to Disney anymore because Donald Trump was there. You seem like someone that yells at the Trump animatronic at HoP.

I’m afraid you may be infected with Trump Derangement Syndrome. A few rounds of penicillin should clear that up!!

Sheryl
Sheryl
Reply to  Susan

I hope you caught the name of the person you spoke to and contact Disney World Guest Relations about this.

Cranston
Cranston
Reply to  Susan

I suggest you write snail mail letters detailing this conversation to 1. Norm Noble, general manager of the Grand Floridian; 2. George A. Kalogridis, President Of WDW; 3. Robert Iger, CEO of the Disney Company. Always write to the top to get anything done, and forget email–that’s pretty much ignored because so many cranks use it. Be respectful, but firm, and give them all the facts. It’s not going to change anything regarding the event, but employees might get firmly talked to. Bottom line for me: I wouldn’t put up with customer service as bad as that.

Carol Debrowski
Carol Debrowski
Reply to  Cranston

Why are you encouraging this person to write a letter lying about Disney Cast Members….I have been going to Disney since it opened in 1971…and have never had an encounter with a rude cast member…I do not believe this hater’s tale for a minute.

Sandra G
Sandra G
Reply to  Cranston

I have decades of experience interacting with Disney CMs and several who are friends. NO Disney employee would say such a thing, because it would mean immediate termination. The OP is clearly flogging a victim agenda a la Trump, the country’s greatest professional victim and whiner in chief.

Jason Edward Harris
Jason Edward Harris
Reply to  Susan

This exchange never took place. Come on.

Audrey
Audrey
Reply to  Susan

I call BS.

Madeleine Hernandez
Madeleine Hernandez
1 year ago

I wish I was able to attend! MAGA 2020!!!

Anthony
Anthony
1 year ago

Please, as if Trump would allows a peasant such as yourself to his event. He doesn’t care about anyone who isn’t a billionaire.

Warren 2020!

Heather
Heather
1 year ago

I wish I would be there too!!!

Sheryl
Sheryl
1 year ago

This is disappointing. Why don’t they have their Republican fundraiser at one of Trump’s properties? Hope they’re all gone before we arrive on the 12th. Disney is my escape from what these people are doing to our country.

Kim
Kim
Reply to  Sheryl

But it was ok for Obama to be there in 2012? Be careful with the term “these people” – thats offensive.

Darla
Darla
Reply to  Kim

I am curious who “those people” are he is referring too.

Robert Jedi
Robert Jedi
Reply to  Sheryl

Making it great again??? Why would you want to escape that???

CaptWDW
CaptWDW
Reply to  Sheryl

You should definitely cancel your trip in protest!!

Bob
Bob
Reply to  Sheryl

I wouldn’t worry, Sheryl. We’re arriving on Dec 9th, only two days after this fundraiser, but I highly doubt it will affect any days immediately following it. From what I can tell, this should be a one-day event. I, for one, am grateful that our trip is timed to miss it, along with any security headaches it might cause resort guests.

Bock'sdMacAndCheese
Bock'sdMacAndCheese
Reply to  Sheryl

I agree. Fundraisers for any political parties should not happen on Disney Property

Audrey
Audrey
1 year ago

That is just ridiculous. WDW is a destination for all kinds of conventions, conferences, etc. If this group wants to rent space at the Grand Floridian they should be treated no different. To deny access is discriminatory.

Carol Debrowski
Carol Debrowski
1 year ago

Were you upset when six previous presidents (including clinton and obama) went to Disney World?

Pamela
Pamela
Reply to  Sheryl

You mean for our country!!!!!

CKNY
CKNY
1 year ago

Why not call it what it really is:
Special Character Dinner With Dopey

Steve
Steve
1 year ago

Regardless of who is President, I just wish they’d think a little more about how much their movement inconveniences people.

A few years ago I was trying to fly from Chicago to Orlando, changing planes in Philadelphia. When I got to Phili I find out my flight is delayed… because Obama was in Las Vegas. Whaaaat?! So because of that visit to Vegas, flights across the whole nation got delayed.

Likewise, this appearance isn’t going to just interrupt people who are near that ballroom, but instead will ripple all over the area.

Eduardo
Eduardo
1 year ago

I remember when Bill Clinton had a weird meeting with some kids, a secretary and a prince at Discovery Islander

Bob
Bob
1 year ago

Wow, who knew a piece about our president would generate so many comments? #Sarcasm101

Mommom
Mommom
1 year ago

My family is scheduled to be in Magic Kingdom that day with dinner at Grand Floridian that night. It has been recommended that we reschedule dinner at 1900 Park Faire due to security and transportation problems. We made this reservation 6 months in advance, how do I disappoint 5 children wanting to meet Cinderella and Prince? Disney response when I called, “We don’t have any information on that” I asked them to check and after 10 minutes on hold they admitted that what I said was correct. Advised to allow 2 HOURS to travel from MK to Grand Floridian due… Read more »

Joan
Joan
1 year ago

I hate the idea of trump being anywhere near Disney. Gag!

Audrey
Audrey
Reply to  Joan

Seriously? Are you in grade school?

Margaret Mientka
Margaret Mientka
1 year ago

This is awful! My nephew is getting married there that weekend and it’s now going to be a horror show! Just the transportation alone to get to our venue is gong to be a challenge!