Test Track Presented by Chevrolet to Close for Refurbishment at Epcot in Early 2020

Guests looking to design a SimCar and test-drive its capability, efficiency, responsiveness, and power in Test Track on their upcoming 2020 vacation should be aware that the high-speed attraction will be undergoing refurbishment starting in January.

The attraction is set to undergo a brief refurbishment from January 13th, 2020 to February 26, 2020.

No known changes are planned for the attraction as it is simply receiving a refresh ahead of the massive Spaceship Earth planned refurbishment, where the headlining attraction will be closed to guests for an estimated two years. Do note that the dates listed may shift slightly, depending on construction plans.

We’ll keep you updated on the status of this and many more refurbishments across Walt Disney World. As always, you can check out our Refurbishments page for dates on all ongoing refurbs at Disney Parks.

Tom S
Tom S
11 months ago

Well that sucks, going for a long MLK weekend … it happens but a positive spin, perhaps this means I’ll get on Spaceship Earth one more time before it closes. haha IF that closes too then I guess I’ll save some time this trip by skipping epcot

Cameron
Cameron
11 months ago
Reply to  Tom S

Same here. I’ll be there the 1st week of February. might have to cut my 2 days at epcot down to 1 and decide what park to go to for 3 days. I was planning on spending 2 days at each. Like you said oh well it happens but test track is my favorite there, my wife didn’t care 1 bit when I showed her this as last year she decided to drink a little too much around the world then got on it. Haha.

Duke Jokes
Duke Jokes
11 months ago

*Re-opens as World of Motion, presented by General Motors*

Sam
Sam
11 months ago

They gonna put TESLA cars to ride !

Deb
Deb
11 months ago

It would be nice if the refurbishment included something so the [email protected] thing isn’t broken half the time…

Lil
Lil
11 months ago

The last reburb made the preboard more interesting but the ride less so. They took out what made it interesting.

Curt
Curt
11 months ago

Going February 2-7. I haven’t been able to ride the new version since it opened. I’m disappointed. I guess I’ll just have to double down on Mission: Space instead.

tvnutt
tvnutt
11 months ago

I can imagine even LONGER lines at Frozen and Soarin’! We’re going in a few weeks and our daughter is afraid of every EPCOT ride except The Land and Gran Fiesta. She’s only 5 BTW but has a reason for being frightened of each ride!

Kyle
Kyle
11 months ago

I think this means Space 220 is going to open those days. Then the test track can be made quieter…. sad I was hoping for a December opening

lilly
lilly
10 months ago

this will be the 2nd time i go to ride test track and it’ll be closed :( why!!